Union City @ Westview

Union City rolls into Martin with a new QB,a new offense,heck a new just about everything....Westview will come in with a game under their belt beating Camden 7-6.....

This Friday starts a brutal three game stretch for the Tornadoes...@Westview,vs.Lake County and @Milan...First win may have to wait till week 4 vs Gleason....

Westview,rebuilding or not is not really a place to be breaking in so many new players....I would love to see a Tornado win,but I don't think it happens this week...

Westview-27

Union City-14

Edited by backinthaoc

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City rolls into to Martin with a new QB,a new offense,heck a new just about everything....Westview will come in with a game under their belt beating Camden 7-6.....

This Friday starts a brutal three game stretch for the Tornadoes...@Westview,vs.Lake County and @Milan...First win may have to wait till week 4 vs Gleason....

Westview,rebuilding or not is not really a place to be breaking in so many new players....I would love to see a Tornado win,but I don't think it happens this week...

Westview-27

Union City-14

Westview

Union City rolls into Martin with a new QB,a new offense,heck a new just about everything....Westview will come in with a game under their belt beating Camden 7-6.....

Westview-27

Union City-14

how can u say UC first win will come in week 4 if im not mistaken in th Camden UC scrimmage UC moved the ball pretty well against them and Westview barely moved the ball against Camden at all...if Camden would have cut down on turnovers they win that game but westview won the game by LUCK lets see how LUCKY they are when they play UC...UC wins in an upset

how can u say UC first win will come in week 4 if im not mistaken in th Camden UC scrimmage UC moved the ball pretty well against them and Westview barely moved the ball against Camden at all...if Camden would have cut down on turnovers they win that game but westview won the game by LUCK lets see how LUCKY they are when they play UC...UC wins in an upset

"NOT SO FAST LILCORSO"...You are thinking with your heart and not your head....

Union City went and played for a state championship last year but did not beat a team that was in Class 2A or 3A.....This year with all the question marks and all the graduations Union City will be hard pressed to beat Lake Co and McKenzie in 1A...How can you say Union City will beat Westview at Westview based on a scrimmage??....You also have to remember Union City didn't stop Camden either..So your analysis kind of cancels itself out....Are you saying the Tornadoes are better than last year??,If so,that's wishful thinking....Union City may get Lake Co..I saw the Falcons in the spring...They are good...But if not,they won't beat Westview or Milan,but I know they will beat Gleason and that's in Week 4....

6-4 for this club would be a major accomplishment...5-5 is a distinct possibility..

Come talk to me in Week 4 and see who was right.... :)

Edited by backinthaoc

6-4 for this club would be a major accomplishment...5-5 is a distinct possibility..

Come talk to me in Week 4 and see who was right.... :o

But you also have to remember that westview isnt as strong as they have been in the past, they have a stout defense but there offense will struggle with the loss of the tailback to the broken neck and i know im talkin with what i want to happen but i really do think it will be a heck of a game

Come talk to me in Week 4 and see who was right.... :lol:

But you also have to remember that westview isnt as strong as they have been in the past, they have a stout defense but there offense will struggle with the loss of the tailback to the broken neck and i know im talkin with what i want to happen but i really do think it will be a heck of a game

You also have to remember that since UC dropped to 1A they haven't beaten a team in a higer classification and that includes scrimmages....

You also have to remember that UC is trying to replace 3 coaches...When a head coach has to not only teach players but also train and teach new coaches it's tough..Plus,they are one coach short still...Plus,the two new guys have no experience coaching high school f-ball...I know they are former players but it's much different playing than trying to coach kids..Especially now-a-days..One thing that kept Union City in the thick of things when Randy Barnes was coach was that there was stability in the coaching ranks at the school...Fishel has hardly had that luxary..I remember hearing stories from his first year as head coach when he would call up to the press-box to his coaches up there looking to see what the other team was doing and trying to make adjustments and the new guys he had up there didn't know what was going on.....This will be a problem Fishel shouldn't have to deal with....

I WANT UC to win...I just don't see it happening this year.....But I'll tell you this...Teams better get them this year because they have some very good young talent and beating them in the future will be tough....

Edited by backinthaoc

You also have to remember that since UC dropped to 1A they haven't beaten a team in a higer classification and that includes scrimmages....

You also have to remember that UC is trying to replace 3 coaches...When a head coach has to not only teach players but also train and teach new coaches it's tough..Plus,they are one coach short still...Plus,the two new guys have no experience coaching high school f-ball...I know they are former players but it's much different playing than trying to coach kids..Especially now-a-days..One thing that kept Union City in the thick of things when Randy Barnes was coach was that there was stability in the coaching ranks at the school...Fishel has hardly had that luxary..I remember hearing stories from his first year as head coach when he would call up to the press-box to his coaches up there looking to see what the other team was doing and trying to make adjustments and the new guys he had up there didn't know what was going on.....This will be a problem Fishel shouldn't have to deal with....

I WANT UC to win...I just don't see it happening this year.....But I'll tell you this...Teams better get them this year because they have some very good young talent and beating them in the future will be tough....

Who left and who are the new guys?

Who left and who are the new guys?

Paul Carroll,Matt McLean and Willie Campbell have left.....David Barker is the only hold-over....

Ben Glasgow and Tracy Bruff are the new guys.....Glasgow is a member of the faculty while Bruff,who also serves as a school board member,is a paraprofessional who owns a business here in UC....Don't get me wrong,they are both great guys..I played with Bruff at UC my junior year...He is very involved with the summer leagues and other things in the community...I'm just saying there is a learning curve and they are going to have to learn it quick because they were late summer additions.....

"NOT SO FAST LILCORSO"...You are thinking with your heart and not your head....

Union City went and played for a state championship last year but did not beat a team that was in Class 2A or 3A.....This year with all the question marks and all the graduations Union City will be hard pressed to beat Lake Co and McKenzie in 1A...How can you say Union City will beat Westview at Westview based on a scrimmage??....You also have to remember Union City didn't stop Camden either..So your analysis kind of cancels itself out....Are you saying the Tornadoes are better than last year??,If so,that's wishful thinking....Union City may get Lake Co..I saw the Falcons in the spring...They are good...But if not,they won't beat Westview or Milan,but I know they will beat Gleason and that's in Week 4....

Come talk to me in Week 4 and see who was right.... :thumb:

Im not sayin UC is a better team than last year but u do have to remember that UC still has athletes and will still get after their opposition... Westview is not as good as they once were granted that they have 6 or 7 returning starters for last years team a team that revolved around 1 player (Markei Guy) who has now graduated...& until i see someone else step up & take the challenge UC stills wins this game. But talk is cheap lets find out tomorrow night when UC goes to Martin.