Jefferson Co. vs Morristown East

EASTFAN

Nameunknown, since you are too dumb to come up with a name then I'm not sure what your opinion counts either.

By your poor grammar and lack of a point in your bs, then i am guessing you are a ditzy little girl that is all over Ramsey's jock strap and had to get on here to defend him. And its not he said she said. But since you obviously didnt see it then mind your own businss.

Besides, watch out for west football, you all are in for it. The redheaded stepchildren of Morristown.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nameunknown, since you are too dumb to come up with a name then I'm not sure what your opinion counts either.

By your poor grammar and lack of a point in your bs, then i am guessing you are a ditzy little girl that is all over Ramsey's jock strap and had to get on here to defend him. And its not he said she said. But since you obviously didnt see it then mind your own businss.

Besides, watch out for west football, you all are in for it. The redheaded stepchildren of Morristown.

where are u at on this football team and i notice u didnt reply to the baseball comment i made. Easy to ignore things that are uncomfortable to u huh. As for the grammer it is the internet the main point is get your point across.im pretty sure most kids from any era have been accused of bad grammer jeez and i know alot of west high kids too and some of them are definatly not mental giants .Its easy to get on here and no one knows your name or who u are and say things.Im sure brad could have remained unknown and defended himself on here but he chose not to he said who he was and took all the crap pretty good. better than i would have put it that way. He didnt even remind u that as for him as a starter he is 1 and 1 against west high and as for all time records im thinkin its dangnear even . Lots of ppl love to see kids fail makes them seem more important i dont want any kid to fail how does someone else failing help me it dont . Now just one more thing did u see it with your own eyes i havent heard one person on here that said they actually saw what happened . Was it a 1 sec choke a 10 sec choke or a good old wwe brawl or was it a choke at all 200 something lineman 160 qb huh maybe he is superman

From what I have been told, there is no evidence of just how this happened. I am not going to pretend that I know and I was at the game. I do know Brad and have known him since he was a freshman. He is not a bad kid. The fact that he apologized is not necessarily an admission of guilt, but could be interpreted as a young man doing the right thing. I believe that I read where Vlad Guerrero visited the pitcher that he hit with a line drive last week.

I do know that East viewed two different tapes to try and see if they could find evidence of the infraction. Neither showed any evidence of any wrong doing. The reason that there were two tapes was due to East getting the copy of the game that Morristown West had made. The fact that West sent a person to to video the game is another story completely. I won't even go there and discuss the ethics involved.

Now as far as the West kids trying to stir this up, just ignore them. They would love for everyone to hate East as bad as they do. You would think that the Trojan fans would be proud of all that they have accomplished and leave East alone. East vs. West has been like UT vs. Vandy. East has as many wins in football against West as Vandy has against UT over the past few years....one. If I was a Trojan, I could not care less about this situation. I could not care less about East.

For the young man that was injured, I hope he recovers fully and can return to play this Friday. I would never wish an injury on any player. Please know that my prayers are with that young man.

The thing that upset me the most about the entire situation was the lack of EMS people at the stadium. Where were the people who are responsible for the medical well being of the players? Why were the players having to rely on the services of athletic trainers? If that had happened to my child, I would be very upset. East needs to make sure that the school has EMS people present for football games. It is a no brainer. Football and injuries go together like PB and J. It is not as if we have not watched players get taken off in stretchers at East before. (Wahkeem Simpson)

Let me conclude with this final thought. If Brad did in fact "choke out" the Jefferson County player, then there should be a suspension of multiple games. There is no room in East athletics for that type of action. If Jefferson County has video proof that Brad did act in this manner, then my hope is that they send it to the administration at Morristown East. I believe that Mr. Johnson would take action.

I was not at the game so I did not see what happened (MoWest supporter first, Morristown supporter always, East when they are not playing us) so I am not speaking directly of the actions on the field. There are a number of things that can occur during any play on the football field. It is an agressive and physical sport. There are going to be injuries of some sort on almost every play. Some will be so minor that no one ever knows they happened. Others so major that the game will be delayed. The point is injuries occur and the community should be prepared to handle any injury that does occur. I cannnot believe there were no paramedics at the East/Jeff game (this is normally SOP for all games). So, if the paramedics were there as they normally are, then the Jeff side line did not think the injury signficant enough to alert the medical professionals. Again, I was not there and I am not trying to defend Brad, but with no information other than on CoachT, I have to wonder about the validity of the accusation.

As for emotion and the reactions that they cause; I am certain that everyone on this topic has been overcome by emotions and has done something that was deemed after the fact to be questionable. I do know Brad and do not believe he would intentionally try to kill someone (which is what hitting an airway does if hit with enough force). However, if while pushing someone away a hand hit the windpipe it will feel as though they cannot breathe. There is no long lasting injury, there is no intent to harm, and hence the question of character is moot.

Finally, the heated rivalry between East/West, it is what it is. There is no mistaking that it is there and most times it is a heathly rivalry. However, there is always going to be the extra push to put the other side down when the possibility presents itself. It is obvious that the West fans who saw the incident feel it was on purpose, but they cannot know for sure. However, because it is Morristown they feel they have a right to voice their opinion. I for one do not feel I have the right to tell them they do not. In the end, the consequences of the actions will be based on any evidence presented. If there is no evidence, then there will be no consequences. Does that mean nothing happened? No, it just means there is no way to prove what happened (one way or the other). The bad thing is that Brad will never be proven innocent (or guilty) and the question of his character will continue. However, with no other incidents and exemplar behavior he will be able to exorcise this from his record.

As for the taping of the game, that is moot. Most teams trade tapes the week of the game. It is something that is done year in and year out, game in and game out. I guess if there was a tape made it was to give our coaches an opportunity to see how East played against a good team. The key to winning is preparation and we prepare at West. Additional tape will allow us to see and analyze East.

The bottom line, is that there are big emotions between East/Jeff/West. The truth being that anyone of these three will normally be the "big" team in this upper East TN region. There is no way or no need to temper the emotions, however we do need to ensure that our actions and words do not come from pure emotion. We must ensure that there is fact and knowledge on which to base our emotional responses. This will allow us to be upbeat, to be pro "our team", to dislike the other team, but to be civilized about the entire process. In the end it is the kids that matter. Their well being, growth, and character are what matters. If we cannot build, then we should not tear down.

To the words of the Morristown West ball player, get real. Believe me when I say this I am not some ditsy young girl on his jock strap, you can believe that for sure. I am far older than him and probably you as well by the way that you act!!! My name is unknown as well as yours, if you are so proud of who that you are then state your name on here and be a real man, which I am positive that you are not. That is just it the names on here are unknown, that is the point so that people can get on here on voice there opinions. One other thing, BRAD is obviously way more man than you because he made a comment on here and he did not hide who he was. Also I WAS at the game and I was sitting right on the front row and I watched the entire ballgame, so the question really is were you at the game? And yes it is all he said she said bs, so get it straight. :thumb: You do not know me and I don't know you, but one thing that I do not is you live and play sports in Morristown so I am sure that Brad has spanked you at other sports and all that you say is out of spite because you know that he is a all around great athlete. West people have absolutely nothing to do with this anyways! West just wants Brad to be suspended because they know that he will be competition during the east/west game, and you guys think that if he got suspended that it would probably fall right during the time of the east/west game. You guys are pitiful for even thinking that will happen!!!! HA HA!!! Also take a look at your grammar I am positive that I have had way more education than you have, so get real player!!!! Try to be a little more creative when you come up with your STUPID :lol: little comments.

Why are West football players and fans involved? I remember a short time ago when they were fighting Jeff Co. after the game. That too, was a nasty situation.

Like I stated before short memories.abound at west high . Now i just did some askin around and heard there was some extra things going on before this play ever took place that did show up on film. Take a wild guess who did it or so i was told little extra knee in the back and maybe a fist to the chest not sayin anything is justified just sayin sometimes it happens.maybe just maybe thats why nothings been said bout this in an official way. Like i said not to justtify what happened if it happened just saying i was told that there was more to it than meets the eye.and no i dont think trying to hurt some one is right ever but letting them know your there and aint goin anywhere is part of the game. Ihave been there also many times kinda like the guy that just took out your second baseman maybe next time at bat he gets one just a little inside maybe it hits him maybe it dont just to let him know u aint goin anywhere. One more thing ive been thinkin about if it was that bad where on earth were the referees if everyone in the stands saw it how come one of them didnt see anything not pointin fingers just stating an opinionn on what i have to go on .

Ok first of all gone22 isnt brad. 2nd No one even knows if mowest bball player even has anything to do with west. It might just be someone tryin to stir something up. Why would west want ramsey out? That would just give east an excuse when they beat them. And as for west gettin a tape, why would they need one. They had 5 of their coaches there. West hires someone to do their games and the man bout a new camera and he recorded part of it to try it out. And it doesnt matter if they did anyways. West could easily get it from jeff so it wouldnt matter. And as for the ems, i guess that mr. johnson doesnt feel that it's important. I know that at all the west games there are ems. So i dont know about that one but thank god that the guy is ok and hopefully it wasnt anything more than an accident

Edited by EveryonesFan