Most improved teams in State

the_den

I believe Scott High has by bringing in new head coach. He is a very good coach his name is david gillum he use to be the pikeville college offensive coordinator were his team averaged over 400 yards a game and now he has come to scott and has help them tremendously. The boys seem more excited about playing and are giving a good effort. The effort level still is not were it should be and the level of play but it is getting there but they could possibly shock people and go to the playoffs this year.

Has to be the 3A Station Camp Bison behind senior RB Randall Toney. After going 1-9 in a tough district last year, the Bison are 4-0 with wins over Creekwood and Sycamore and absolute beatdown of Livingston Academy 47-0 last Friday. Toney has got to be in the running for Mr. Football with 700 yards and 8 TDs in just 4 games. Coach Shaun Hollinsworth was named Tennessee Titans coach of the week two weeks ago and returns an impressive staff of young coaches who seem to really care about those boys. Keep an out for the Bison in 3A.

I agree with the previous post. There cannot be a more improved team in the state than the Station Camp Bison. They are 4-0, coming off a 1-9 season, and have not only beat teams-they have destroyed teams. They've only had one close game so far and that was a 28-24 win on the road against a 3-1 Sycamore team, and they were up 21-7 at one point in that one before Sycamore made a valiant comeback. If all things stay the same, they should be 6-0 going into a huge test against Greenbrier at the end of the month. They have a very hard schedule the last 4 games, but they could easily be an 8 win team when all is said and done.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• I remember very well watching things change in the late 80's and yes it's all schools. Most people that are in charge today have any idea because they were raised and taught under this social experiment so they don't have a clue. Anyone that does see the truth for what it is usually try and hide it by blending in so that the School Gestapo doesn't round them up and take them to the Fuhrer ( kindly putting it ). Yes it is all schools not just Maryville. This train ride is not headed in a good direction and if the public had seen a movie of what's happening now back in 1980 everyone would have been headed home afterwards to change underware.  
    • Hoping to make the playoffs.
    • You are so correct!  It’s really 99.9% of academia want to change to way that education is not only taught but the way it is viewed.  The pendulum has definitely swung as far to the left as possible and eventually will swing to the right much too far.  I have always  said that politics and one’s personal religious views need to stay out of education,  but for the last 40 years education has been running full throttle to what we have today.  If the social experiment that we are currently experiencing continues it is only a matter of time before the public school system in the USA completely collapses and all kids attend private schools or even worse don’t go to school.
    • He was a bruise but Aaron Dykes is HVA’s best RB ever.
    • I am talking about what they both did for their team. They both carried their team for four years while they were both there. I wasn’t really comparing them that would be unfair. Bishop is on a level of his own.