U.S Army All-American Bowl Nominations

Ntheknow2

Tyler Maples should have been nominated.

Nothing against Anthony Anderson,Kyrus Lanxster,TJ Franklin and Jared McGaha. But those guys arent no where near as good as Tyler Maples.These selections are a joke.

What makes Tyler Maples so good? He is very fast. He is 6,2 180lbs. He has good hands. Runs good routes and he is very elusive. No defensive back in the state can guard Maples.

Tyler Maples also comes up big in big games. Last year he caught a slant and took it to the house vs Alcoa. He returned a kickoff vs Powell in the regular season. He caught a fade for a TD vs Central in the regular season. He dominated in the White County playoff game with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. He returned a punt for a TD to score Maryville's first points vs Powell in the playoff game. Then he scored on a 80 yd bomb later in the game. Powell was done after that. In the Central playoff game. Maples runs back the opening kickoff in the 2nd half. In the semifinal at MOWest he scores on a 50 yd touchdown reception. In the state title game vs Melrose he caught several passes that kept drives alive. He also had an interception and several pass break ups in the Melrose game.

This year he tore up Alcoa until cramps did him in. Brian Sommer and Kyrus Lanxster couldn't guard him. In the 1st half he had 7 catches for 161 yds and a TD. Maples was by far the best player in the Maryville/Alcoa game.

Maples is having another great season.

I agree with you, Maples should be on this list! I always thought these all-star teams were nothing more than politics!! On our 2000 team we had 7 players make the all-state team, and not one of us made either all-star game, not even the East-West game!! How is that possible? And we had a Mr. Football finalist! Everyone knows Maples should be on this list!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• I remember very well watching things change in the late 80's and yes it's all schools. Most people that are in charge today have any idea because they were raised and taught under this social experiment so they don't have a clue. Anyone that does see the truth for what it is usually try and hide it by blending in so that the School Gestapo doesn't round them up and take them to the Fuhrer ( kindly putting it ). Yes it is all schools not just Maryville. This train ride is not headed in a good direction and if the public had seen a movie of what's happening now back in 1980 everyone would have been headed home afterwards to change underware.  
    • You are so correct!  It’s really 99.9% of academia want to change to way that education is not only taught but the way it is viewed.  The pendulum has definitely swung as far to the left as possible and eventually will swing to the right much too far.  I have always  said that politics and one’s personal religious views need to stay out of education,  but for the last 40 years education has been running full throttle to what we have today.  If the social experiment that we are currently experiencing continues it is only a matter of time before the public school system in the USA completely collapses and all kids attend private schools or even worse don’t go to school.
    • He was a bruise but Aaron Dykes is HVA’s best RB ever.
    • I am talking about what they both did for their team. They both carried their team for four years while they were both there. I wasn’t really comparing them that would be unfair. Bishop is on a level of his own.