6AA District

tnwarrior

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we digging up last year's article that was written for a local rag by a local reporter? The fact is that Hixson should not have lost either time to Sequachie but it's ironic that both losses came in dunlap. This year's top four teams will come from Chattanooga. The Sequachie valley doesn't have anyone that can compete this year. The District will be won by Howard and ER, Hixson and Notre Dame will fight for the 2 - 4 spots. I don't see CCS being in the mix even with their very young team.

Alwaysballin' brought up last year's game against Hixson, said Sequatchie was lucky, and couldn't back up why. Still can't, but I'm not surprised. These were just facts of the game, was the reason it was posted. If anything, the game should not have even been as close as it was as Seq missed 8 of 10 foul shots in one stretch in the fourth quarter. Refs for district tournaments are certainly not going to be "homers" no matter where the tournament is played. It's at Hixson this year, and I don't expect Hixson to get extra calls. Hopefully no students will be allowed to throw trash from the stands this year. Sequatchie has made it to the region 2 of the last 4 years, I think Bledsoe did one year in the last 4. It happens nearly every year, one of the local teams does it, so don't be surprised if it happens again this year. I know it's hard for some of you to grasp, but the small schools in your surrounding areas have teams too.

Edited by Indian

Alwaysballin' brought up last year's game against Hixson, said Sequatchie was lucky, and couldn't back up why. Still can't, but I'm not surprised. These were just facts of the game, was the reason it was posted. If anything, the game should not have even been as close as it was as Seq missed 8 of 10 foul shots in one stretch in the fourth quarter. Refs for district tournaments are certainly not going to be "homers" no matter where the tournament is played. It's at Hixson this year, and I don't expect Hixson to get extra calls. Hopefully no students will be allowed to throw trash from the stands this year. Sequatchie has made it to the region 2 of the last 4 years, I think Bledsoe did one year in the last 4. It happens nearly every year, one of the local teams does it, so don't be surprised if it happens again this year. I know it's hard for some of you to grasp, but the small schools in your surrounding areas have teams too.

Bledsoe made it to the Region in 2004....

Well first I don't know much bout either team I just know last year Hixson was better than Sequatchie, and if we're gonna talk about throwing trash when we (Howard) went up to Dunlap they wre throwing m&m's and different trash at us while we were on the bench. And my cousin from Hixson said they did them the same way. but it's a new year so I guess we'll have to just see.

Howard wins this district again.

Agree with some contest from East Ridge, but it seems Howard's just to athletic to get beat by many teams this year. But I do like a Senior from ND named Chauncey Thompson he really impressed me last year. I like the Sophomore from CCS (the big one) and a couple of guards from Hixson that I watched play AAU for the Chattanooga Warriors (Don't kno the names)