Wooddale and Germantown

kwc

I would love to hear from someone who went to this game. I'd like to hear their assessment of Wooddales defense as well as the G-Town DB's vs Wooddales WR's, as well as other aspects of the game.

Please tell me why Wooddales defense is still suspect? We have played almost every team under their season average. As far as the Gtown game goes.......Their defense was very good, we did what we had to do in a hostile environment. Our defense was very physical and really slowed Gtown. We want the region but if not we will take a state ring in its place. What a great year.

BG

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me why Wooddales defense is still suspect? We have played almost every team under their season average. As far as the Gtown game goes.......Their defense was very good, we did what we had to do in a hostile environment. Our defense was very physical and really slowed Gtown. We want the region but if not we will take a state ring in its place. What a great year.

BG

I hope that question isn't directed towards me, I've never questioned Wooddale defense ... that's *cough* ... *throat clearing hacking sound* ... *cough again* ... another poster ... with whom I will call no names ... LOLOLOL! ... :P I mean, Stevie Wonder can see that Wooddale's 'D' is the real deal. You don't go 8-1 in 8-5A with a suspect 'D', come on now, let's get real.

By the way, welcome back BG, I missed you last week. After that White Station loss, you took a CoachT hiatus, of sorts. I don't blame you; I can remember after a bad loss, I didn't come back for a week!

Tell me about the game though. I read it in the paper, but I would love to hear what you thought of the game. Personally, I didn't know what kind of score to expect.

Edited by kwc

I hope that question isn't directed towards me, I've never questioned Wooddale defense ... that's *cough* ... *throat clearing hacking sound* ... *cough again* ... another poster ... with whom I will call no names ... LOLOLOL! ... :o I mean, Stevie Wonder can see that Wooddale's 'D' is the real deal. You don't go 8-1 in 8-5A with a suspect 'D', come on now, let's get real.

KWC,

I think Bg3 meant to direct his comment towards me (TraderB). :o

"Please tell me why Wooddales defense is still suspect? We have played almost every team under their season average. As far as the Gtown game goes.......Their defense was very good, we did what we had to do in a hostile environment. Our defense was very physical and really slowed Gtown."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Bg3 I'll say it again-- Woodale's defense is no longer "suspect," in my view. The FACTS reveal that Woodale's defense is STILL very porous and inconsistent, especially vs the run!

Consider these facts:

1) Houston ran the ball up and down the field, at will, vs Woodale's defense, despite its loss.

2) Whitehaven ran up and down the field, at will, despite its loss.

3) White Station moved the ball up and down the field via run and pass, and managed to win.

That's 3 decent teams (though I'm still not a big fan of Houston) that, as a matter of fact, moved the ball at will vs Woodale's defense! To me, that's the sign of a porous defense. I just don't know how any other conclusion can be reached.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a gutsy victory over Gtwn to its credit, Woodale has had a great season so far. Its 8-1 record is stellar but is NOT, per se, evidence of any sort of defensive prowess. In fact, all it really indicates is that Woodale has managed to score more points than 8 of its 9 opponents. That's great but...that's it!

Woodale's defense managed to play much more consistently vs Gtwn. Although Gtwn's fumbles killed several of its own drives, Woodale's defense still put forth a solid effort and did a great job, overall. Therein lies part of the big problem with Woodale's defense. It's like a box of chocolates-- "you never know what you're gonna get!"

In conclusion, I want to commend Woodale on its great season to date. It's offense is great and its defense is no longer "suspect." Rather, the FACTS indicate that Woodale's defense is both porous and inconsistent....Sure, a State Title is far more impressive than a Regional crown. The problem is that with Woodale's porous defense, a Regional Title is about all that Woodale can REALISTICALLY expect to attain....Let's get real, here.

KWC,

"Please tell me why Wooddales defense is still suspect? We have played almost every team under their season average. As far as the Gtown game goes.......Their defense was very good, we did what we had to do in a hostile environment. Our defense was very physical and really slowed Gtown."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Bg3 I'll say it again-- Woodale's defense is no longer "suspect," in my view. The FACTS reveal that Woodale's defense is STILL very porous and inconsistent, especially vs the run!

Consider these facts:

1) Houston ran the ball up and down the field, at will, vs Woodale's defense, despite its loss.

3) White Station moved the ball up and down the field via run and pass, and managed to win.

That's 3 decent teams (though I'm still not a big fan of Houston) that, as a matter of fact, moved the ball at will vs Woodale's defense! To me, that's the sign of a porous defense. I just don't know how any other conclusion can be reached.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a gutsy victory over Gtwn to its credit, Woodale has had a great season so far. Its 8-1 record is stellar but is NOT, per se, evidence of any sort of defensive prowess. In fact, all it really indicates is that Woodale has managed to score more points than 8 of its 9 opponents. That's great but...that's it!

Woodale's defense managed to play much more consistently vs Gtwn. Although Gtwn's fumbles killed several of its own drives, Woodale's defense still put forth a solid effort and did a great job, overall. Therein lies part of the big problem with Woodale's defense. It's like a box of chocolates-- "you never know what you're gonna get!"

In conclusion, I want to commend Woodale on its great season to date. It's offense is great and its defense is no longer "suspect." Rather, the FACTS indicate that Woodale's defense is both porous and inconsistent....Sure, a State Title is far more impressive than a Regional crown. The problem is that with Woodale's porous defense, a Regional Title is about all that Woodale can REALISTICALLY expect to attain....Let's get real, here.

I love made up facts....We held WS over 100 yards under their average in passing and 50 in running.

We completly dominated the houston game they got a great number of their yards on special teams and penalties.

And all credit to Whitehaven but since then no team has reached their offensive averages. So being that I am sure you are not at the games are you just a cardinal hater...maybe because your team is not doing that well????

I hate that with all of the East tn hating on this board I now have to deal with some in the M-town.......

Go back and check your game film...Every coach we have played has commented on our D as well as our O....But you stick with that sad hater attitude.....You know why Gtown fumbled????Because we were popping them EVERY play!!!!!!!

So go check your stats.....

KWC....He's right I was talking to him...........I was hoping he was through drinking HATERADE...I guess not.....I guess he can go up and get on the Ravenwood or whaterver bandwagon..

See you in the playoff's//////or maybe not

BG

KWC,

Consider these facts:

I love made up facts....We held WS over 100 yards under their average in passing and 50 in running.

We completly dominated the houston game they got a great number of their yards on special teams and penalties.

And all credit to Whitehaven but since then no team has reached their offensive averages. So being that I am sure you are not at the games are you just a cardinal hater...maybe because your team is not doing that well????

I hate that with all of the East tn hating on this board I now have to deal with some in the M-town.......

Go back and check your game film...Every coach we have played has commented on our D as well as our O....But you stick with that sad hater attitude.....You know why Gtown fumbled????Because we were popping them EVERY play!!!!!!!

KWC....He's right I was talking to him...........I was hoping he was through drinking HATERADE...I guess not.....I guess he can go up and get on the Ravenwood or whaterver bandwagon..

BG

BG

BG,

1) I am NOT a Woodale hater (nothing could be farther from the truth). You have grossly misconstrued my comments!

2) I am an avid football fan (particularly HS) who calls 'em like I see 'em, regardless of who agrees or disagrees....Just because my comments don't sit well with certain teams/fans does not make me a "hater."

3) Ironically, I actually LIKE Woodale and enjoy watching them play! They're hands-down the most exciting team in Memphis, IMO. I just think their defense stinks.

4) Ridgeway is the team to which I actually pledge allegiance. They're 9-0 and doing quite well. Thank you very much.

5) My loyalty to Ridgeway has NEVER prevented me from posting my vociferous, negative comments about them.....You obviously have not read any of my numerous posts about (my "own" team) Ridgeway.

6) Question -- Does that make me a Ridgeway "hater," too?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7) The facts that I mentioned about Woodale's defense are not made up. That's precisely what I witnessed live with my own (UNBIASED) two eyes.

8) I actually attended each of those aforementioned Woodale games (vs Whitehaven, W.S, Houston and Gtwn).

9) I don't need any game film or stats to tell me what I saw with my own two eyes: Whitehaven, White Station and Houston all moved the ball at will (particularly via the run) vs Woodale.

Fact: At least 2 of Gtwn's fumbles were UNFORCED--no Woodale defender involved (a bobbled punt; a bobbled pitch out to RB). Go check the film.

10) Of course, Woodale's defense made a number of stops in those games. I never said they did not. I said that they're porous and inconsistent, not "non-existent."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11) Woodale may have even held those teams below their respective offensive averages......That, per se, is not bona fide evidence of any sort of "great" defensive effort. Rather, all that proves is that Woodale's defense played those teams RELATIVELY better, than did other opponents...

12) If a team averages 350 yards per game but is "held" to only 250 yards...I'm sorry, but "held" is the wrong word! 250 is STILL a boat-load of yards for a defense to give up....Interestingly such performances may actually be a bona fide INDICTMENT of a team's inherent porous defense. One thing is for sure--it's certaintly no great, dominant defensive jewel!

13) I am on the MEMPHIS HS Football bandwagon! I'm gonna be in Murfreesboro cheering for ANY/all Memphis teams (INCLUDING Woodale) that are fortunate enough to make it to Murfreesboro for the State Championships!

14) Lastly, I post my unbiased opinions on this board. That's the only way I know how to operate. It has nothing to do with "haterade" or any other subjective, emotionally-charged responses that are completely devoid of facts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offense sells tickets. Defense wins Championships

Woodale has a great offense, but a porous and inconsistent defense. They will not last too long in the playoffs! I hope I'm wrong; if so, trust me, I'll be the first to admit it and (continue) cheer for Memphis Woodale.