Wartburg Central High School

EastTnCoachTeach

If he care for these kids and the school he will step down with everything that is going on in the paper and parents going to the school board. I can not see how the school will keep him they need to post this position now I do not think they should get someone from here unless they are the best person for the job not just becuase they are from Morgan CO. interview several people before they hire the coach. I hope they get someone young and fire up about teaching the game of football and a desire to win so he can turn this program around and get the city to back the football program again and have some big crowds so the kids will want to win and put forth an effort.

Good luck to the parents and players and the fans of Wartburg football program. :thumb:

I truly believe Larry Davis can match his Xs & Os; however, the game of football requires you to have Jimmys & Joes!! And in the case of Coach Davis, his program does not currently have the Jimmys and Joes to compete in a global society, or in this case, Region 2 2A! Just look at some of the Jimmys and Joes the 'Dawgs have been competing against the past 2 years: Harrison Smith at Catholic, Hawkins at Loudon, Davis at Coalfield, Goins at Harriman, the entire roster from Alcoa--Warren, Lindsay, Shiverdecker, Sykes, and many, many others, and I know Sweetwater has a Latham, Oneida had a committee, and Rockwood & CAK have playmakers as well--I just don't know any names off the top of my head. Help me out here KingBrian or GooseVol: I hate leaving out GREAT players!

Losses

Oneida (5-5)--playoffs

Coalfield (10-0)--playoffs

Rockwood (5-5)

Harriman (7-3)--playoffs

Sweetwater (7-3)--playoffs

Catholic (10-0)--playoffs

Alcoa (8-2)--playoffs

CAK (7-3)--playoffs

Loudon (8-2)--playoffs

Oliver Springs (1-9)

Gosh! They didn't play a team with an overall losing record until game 10!