William Blount

TG24

William Blount had a very good season last year after losing many of their key players, how will they respond this year after losing Glasgow and all other starters except one? I think that Coach Baumann will have his team ready, and that if the Govs play well together and play good "team ball", this team should start to come together pretty quickly, and surprise some people.

Hey TG24 (or other Gov fans)- I know Drew Houser is a great shooter and returning starter. Besides Houser, who else do you see as key players for the Govs this year?

Also, I think freshman Micah Ballard is an outstanding young player. Do you expect Micah to play varsity ball this year or will he be a freshman/JV player?

Drew Houser is the best player that we have returning. He was a starter last year, and he can shoot the lights out. We will rely on Drew pretty heavily this season.

The other starters, besides Houser, will be Billy Tipton, Michael Thompson, Jordan Conley, and Josh Elkins. I also expect senior Mohammed Baskin to contribute a lot.

Our starting five is soild, Thompson is an outstanding senior point guard, Houser is a great post player, Conley and Elkins are very talented and will provide outstanding senior leadership, along with Billy Tipton. Mohammed Baskin will be playing football (hopefully :P ) when the season starts, but, he will be ready very soon, and back in the basketball groove. Corey Welch was on varsity last year as a sophomore, look for him to contribute this year as well. Seth Messer, the brother of last season's starting point guard Brady Messer, is also a talented player, he may make an impact this season.

Micah Ballard definately has the potential to be one of the best players to play at William Blount. He has amazing talent, and he will develop very quickly. Micah will be on the varsity roster this year, but, I am not sure as to how much he will play this season. If he doesn't get much playing time this season, though, he will definately be a fixture in the starting lineup for the next three years.

Thanks TG24. I was extremely impressed with how William Blount played last year with a team that wasn't projected to make much noise in the preseason.

One thing is for sure- Coach Baumann will demand great effort and teamwork from his squad. After last year, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see WB have another good year this year.

Thanks TG24. I was extremely impressed with how William Blount played last year with a team that wasn't projected to make much noise in the preseason.

One thing is for sure- Coach Baumann will demand great effort and teamwork from his squad. After last year, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see WB have another good year this year.

No problem! I always love to talk about Govs basketball. :unsure:

William Blount did have a very good season last year, when expectations weren't that high for them. They cooled off a little bit at the end of the year, though, and I hope that this year's Govs can start well and keep it up throughout the tournament.

Coach Baumann is a wonderful coach, and he always his team ready to play, and always playing to the best of their abilities. It will be interesting to see if the Govs can do the same things that they did last season, as this is somewhat the same situation. With Coach Baumann, and the players we have, William Blount could have as good as, or better season than they did last year.