Morristown East

tcpioneer3

I have a couple of questions...first, is this the most games East has ever won in a season...secondly, how do the good ppl down there like your new HC...it sounds like its going pretty well...I know I have the utmost respect for him...if you know anything about him and you see my screen name you can probably figure out why..its good to see him doing well...good luck this week

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Hatcher. He has transformed the program quickly. I will be interested to see if there are any changes on the staff during the offseason. Hatcher has back to back unbeaten freshmen teams coming up with a lot of talent to work with. I also know that his offseason conditioning has and will have a big impact. I guess what I am saying is that I think he is the answer we have been looking for.

I really like Hatcher. He has transformed the program quickly. I will be interested to see if there are any changes on the staff during the offseason. Hatcher has back to back unbeaten freshmen teams coming up with a lot of talent to work with. I also know that his offseason conditioning has and will have a big impact. I guess what I am saying is that I think he is the answer we have been looking for.

Have you found where I picked Johnson County to win yet?

Thats good to hear...he really knows his x's and o's ...and I can tell you from experience the offseason conditioning with Hatch will definately help the players...what are their chances against south?? I hear their qb is a stud..do they still run the spread option and throw it around like they did a few years ago??

Lets see what he does the next two years, before we say he has transformed the program quickly. He has done a good job, however expectations were high because most people who are close to the program thought we had a lot of talent and would have been very competitive regardless of who the coach was. Coach Seals told me long before anyone had been hired that they would be very good in his opinion and could challenge West this year for the IMAC championship.

Remember as well in 2003 when coach Smith was hired that he also inherited a very talented team that finished 7-3 and people were saying the same things about him. He lost several key players to graduation especially on the offensive side and the record slipped to the point that he was not rehired.

At this point while he has done a commendable job I would not say he has transformed the team until he has done as well or better a couple more years.

When I say transformed the program, I am not talking about wins and losses. I am talking about everything else that attributes to wins and losses. This SR. class is not as talented as you may think. They are only losing 1 starter on D and around 3 on offense. They have more depth and talent as underclassmen.

When I say transformed the program, I am not talking about wins and losses. I am talking about everything else that attributes to wins and losses. This SR. class is not as talented as you may think. They are only losing 1 starter on D and around 3 on offense. They have more depth and talent as underclassmen.

3 on offence u must not be able to count u lose qb fb both wide recivers tight end and all the line but onethats nine the way i count imma east fan but the defence will have to carry more weight next year there is a lot of talent but its hard to replace that many seniors matbe what u meant to say was u got 3 comming back

Ramsey and Mosier will hurt but I think that Turner will be fine at QB next year. They can replace the WR's and O-line has depth(losing Snowden will hurt). When I say 3, I mean 3 starters that are a true factor in the production of points. They have depth and will be able to fill holes next year. I think they move demarcus knight to FB next season. He is a stud.

Ramsey and Mosier will hurt but I think that Turner will be fine at QB next year. They can replace the WR's and O-line has depth(losing Snowden will hurt). When I say 3, I mean 3 starters that are a true factor in the production of points. They have depth and will be able to fill holes next year. I think they move demarcus knight to FB next season. He is a stud.

Canefan72,

I have been a Cane fan long before you were a Cane player, and I am not anti-Hatcher, but we will see how well they do next year. I hope the Canes are transformed and are consistently at the top, but to say he has done it in one year, and by himself is a stretch.

His offense is also a team thing. The QB is the trigger man and will be the hardest to replace, because everything starts with him, but to say only three starters are a true factor in the production of points is a slap in the face of the other 8. It takes all 11 working together.

Turner may very well be an outstanding QB, but if he is an immediate success it would be an exception. Palazzola struggled his first year, then broke most single season school records that had stood since the years of Sanders, and the Cole brothers in his second.

Ramsey struggled his first year as well, then blossomed into the best QB in the IMAC in his second year. Both were very gifted physically but QB is a position that takes some time, and experience to be sucessful at regardless of how good an athlete you are.

Go Canes!!!

Edited by Sugarcane