Predictions Ooltewah vs McC?

walkenvol

It is not DII that wants the split. I could not agree with you more.

Didn't Knox Catholic and ND go over to the Dark Side? I guess they left to have easy matches against SD and the Owls.

If all the D-II crossed over then we have one true state champion! :unsure:

But why give up all those State Championships in D-II.

In football some of the D-II play 2 games and they are declared State Champs.

What a deal! In wrestling it's a few more.

Play by the rules and we can have one true State Champion again!

Edited by MatKat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Knox Catholic and ND go over to the Dark Side? I guess they left to have easy matches against SD and the Owls.

That is one of the most frustrating things about people understanding why there is a split. It is not as easy as you might think for a school to cross over. In order for a school to come back to DI they can not give financial aid. Let's remember that most (or at least a large number) of the DII schools are actually religious schools and part of their mission is to provide the education to those who can not afford it, hence the financial aid. Knox Catholic and Notre Dame do not give that type of aid and therefore were able to go back to DI. Most DII schools will not be willing to sacrifice the ability to give financial aid just so that they can haev one "true state champion" or compete with the DI schools for their state titles. There is no doubt in my mind that the majority of DII schools would switch to DI if they could still give financial aid but then again that is what led to the split to begin with.

You might want to study some history. DII was kicked into there own category due to financial aid by changes in the rules. Take the rules back to how they were and we will be happy to have one true state champion. Of course, when Brentwood wins their law suit and the TSSAA is bankrupt and disbanded then maybe it will get back to that.

You might want to study some history. DII was kicked into there own category due to financial aid by changes in the rules. Take the rules back to how they were and we will be happy to have one true state champion. Of course, when Brentwood wins their law suit and the TSSAA is bankrupt and disbanded then maybe it will get back to that.

Sounds like we have the same pet peeve.

Edited by WrestleSBA