Cheers and Jeers Cherokee vs Volunteer

prouddad

(CHEERS) First of all, the refs, like we have said many times, there will b good and bad calls depending on for whome u r cheering. As for the Chiefs and Falcons. bing a Chiefs fan i saw calls against Cherokee that i didn't agree with. But... i also saw calls that could have been made but wasn't. And the same for Volunteer. So overall the officiating was fair. I know it's a thankless job men but keep ur heads up.

(CHEERS) To the coaches. They, on both sides, had a great group of young men. The coaches did there jobs very well on offence and dfence. While not only keeping there teams under controll they kept themselves n check. Good job men.

(CHEERS++) (CHEERS++) :lol::P To the players. I saw a group of MEN. All 10 who were on the floor at any given time during the game. A bunch of champions no matter the collors they were wearing. Two teams of soldiers fighting n honer of there schools. Unlike the Greenville team, every man on that floor last night was a true SPORTSMAN and i take my hat off to u!! Well played!!

(CHEERS) To the Volunteer cheerleaders who i held the door open for after the game. They could have been poor sports and said no thank you or went out another door. Since I was clearly for the opposing team ( my shirt said CHEROKEE BASKETBALL). But not only did they go through the door, but , with smiles on ther faces said "thank u very much". That is a great thing to c n people, young and old alike. Congratulations girls.

(CHEERS) To the police force who did a great job with riot control at the school and n town. Thank You!!

(CHEERS) To most of the fans. U let ur opinions b known while keeping some form of respect. Way to go!!

(JEERS) To the rest of the fans. mostly students who lost all from of respect and class, or didn't have any to begin with. The acts of violance and unsportsmanlike conduct is so 2 year old, It's time to grow up. Have some class or go find some. U ought to b ashamed!!!!!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two teams of soldiers fighting n honer of there schools. Unlike the Greenville team, every man on that floor last night was a true SPORTSMAN and i take my hat off to u!! Well played!!

Who on the Greeneville team did anything that was unsportsmanlike? I saw nothing of the sort. I even think that Cherokee after a tough defeat to the Devils shook hands and said great game, nothing dirty.

And to Snowman if you read this, congrats on a good game against a big rival. By reading the tricities sports you seemed to have played an awesome 4th period when it was most needed!

Well thanks man, but the real recognition needs to go to our Defensive Effort. Tremendous job shutting down their guards inthe second half esp. Josh Williams.

On another note, as one who played in the game, it seems that Coach Whitt. teaches his players to play dirty and I DEFINATELY felt the effects.

On one occasion as I ran down the court, I felt a shoulder in my hip and I was literally tackled. Second, every time I came down on the offensive end I got elbowed in the face while they held their arms up as if to signify that they were keeping their hands free. Didn't fool me, it was obviously taught.

On a lighter note, offensive rebounds KILLED Volunteer and I guess that's what happens when you run a 5 guard lineup, But MAN THEY MADE IT WORK TO MY SURPRISE!

I'm not going to say that coach whitt. teaches his kids to play dirty but they do play a little weird. but its nothing new they've did it since i was a freshmen. they do it to get a reaction out of you which is not really playing dirty its just one way to play i guess. what happened to Moore? was he sick or something? i know i was, i almost puked on Browder one time when he was bringing the ball up the court! and Cherokee is playing in a pretty big tourney in Alabama for Christmas. should be some good talent down there.

Snowman, I am a Greeneville fan. The volunteerfan is for the Big Orange. I was just wondering if there was someone in the Greeneville game that you thought was playing dirty or what exactly the original poster meant. I figure from reading your posts that you would tell it pretty much like it is.

No not the Greeneville game, No complaints there.