Morristown East Football

BIGR35

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East should have a good team in 07 but I would watch our for Volunteer they have 22 seniors this year all of them contributed in 06. Should be an interesting year.

It's a little early to put us ( Volunteer ) on the same level as Morristown East after what they did this past season even though I agree that Volunteer will be stronger next year with all of the seniors. East and West should be the favorites, on paper at least, with Volunteer being 3rd or 4th. And who knows how the offseason and season will go? I expect things to be exciting next season for both Volunteer and MoEast.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little early to put us ( Volunteer ) on the same level as Morristown East after what they did this past season even though I agree that Volunteer will be stronger next year with all of the seniors. East and West should be the favorites, on paper at least, with Volunteer being 3rd or 4th. And who knows how the offseason and season will go? I expect things to be exciting next season for both Volunteer and MoEast.

I would pick Morristown West as the favorite for 2007. Until someone else beat

them, they are the top dog. ( I like Morristown East chance of beating west

this year.) Morristown West had alot of seniors on their team in 2006. Morristown

East last 2 freshman teams have gone 8-0, most of these players will be starter

for Morristown East this year. Like I'll said before, let see how good East will

be with Coach Hatcher having a hole year of offseason training.( Morristown

West has been stronger than East on both sides of the lines. That will change

this year, We now work as hard or harder than any team in our weight room.)

Coach Hatcher told the team, when he got hear last summer, that they were

one of the weakest teams he has every coach. He told them to trust him, and

they would see what hard work will do. We finish 9-4 and won 2 playoff game.

Alot of Eastfans knew we needed to get stronger up-front ,if we wanted to play

with the top teams in 4a football. you can only do somuch over a summer

getting stronger. With a hole year of training, we should be able to play with

anybody. Go Canes!

Edited by BIGR35

Yes Bigr35 the weight room is a crutial part of the offseason, but what is east doing outside of the weight room. Have they been doing any plyometrics, conditioning, and other things of that sort? It's good to be strong but you also need to be agile

They have a GREAT agility regiment as well and have also been doing that. I watched a workout yesterday and was amazed at how hard they worked. I had a few seniors this year say that they wished they had 4 years of this system(coaching and traing) in front of them.

They have a GREAT agility regiment as well and have also been doing that. I watched a workout yesterday and was amazed at how hard they worked. I had a few seniors this year say that they wished they had 4 years of this system(coaching and traing) in front of them.

I remember when the Vols had their squad taking dancing lessons --maybe they

were tripping over their feet. Boonie thinks East looks pretty good on paper.

It could be he doesn't know that East entire offense graduates except for two

players--one lineman and one in the back field. East does have an outstanding

offensive line coach in Mr. Castle who will be responsible in getting the new players

ready to compete. I believe he will have them ready.

Volunteer should be strong and if the Green Devils get their head on straight they

will be hard to handle.

East needs to shore up their defense. They did not graduate many and should

show some improvement in rushing the quarterback.

Anything that they lost on the O side of the ball, they should be able to replace. The D had alot of sophomores last year and will be much improved. They do look good on paper and it will translate onto the field.

This is HS football. You are always going to lose people. The JR. and SO class next year will be very talented.

Edited by canefan72

• 2 weeks later...