Stewart County High School Coach

MightyMan93442

I don't want to hear anything about student sections coming from Stewart County. Last year was the most terrible display of sportsmanship by their student section that I have ever seen. They sat right behind the bench and were constantly making fun of the players and even said a few racial remarks to some of the players sitting on the bench.

This arguement is a mute point anyway...because almost every school has a student section and inevidably someone is going to do something stupid that the other school doesn't like.

That being said...I was impressed by the Stewart County student section and the way they traveled last night. I wish every school had as much enthusiasm about their team as they did. But I didn't see or hear anything from either side last night...of course I wasn't paying attention either. The game was much funner to watch than the student section!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know.... I read a few postings maybe 2 or 3 maybe even 4 I'm not real sure but I am getting the basic idea of the story here referring mainly to the very 1st thread here. you obviously don't have any knowledge of the game to start off with. obviously you are either a parent who is mad because your son isnt getting much playing time, or you are one of those redneck fans thats not sure weather you are at a football, baseball, or basketball game.. your just there supporting because everyone else said be there at 7:30 there is a game. The coach from stweart county is one of the better coaches in the district and does a VERY good job with the talent he has. the best player that he has is Jake West and he is just a good highschool player at best. He doesnt have much talent. winning the games that he does should be taken good there.. lets be honest here.. your not getting players from nashville or clarksville who are athletes.. there might be some years you dont win 10 games.... The point im trying to make is.. get off Coach Bramlett... good guy and coach. I didnt see yall ragging him when they started off 3-0 in the district.. you would have thought he was Coach K or something... This is coming from someone who has a very good idea of the game.. Good Luck Coach and his team.

MightyMan93442 has not a clue what he is talking about!!!!!!!!!! Stewart County boys basketball is in the best hands it has been in in over 30 years. Coach Bramlett did not make turnovers,miss shots or miss blockouts against Cheatham.He puts his players in the best position possible to win games and if it does not happen then he supports the efforts of his players. He believes in discipline,teamwork,character, and strong work ethic and would never in a lifetime put up with attitudes of some players in out district. His team does not have the talent of Cheatham County teams or others for that matter but his style and discipline makes up for lack of talent and lets them compete for the first time in many years. When you have been voted coach of the year twice in girls and once in boys in only his second year ( by other coaches in the district) he must be doing something right and have their respect. It looks like he has cleaned up and built a competitive program at SC and should be commended for the job done.He is more than about wins and losses but building relationships and character that his players will take with them long after basketball is over. My hat is off to Coach Bramlett and the job he has done at SCHS.

I love to see people jumping on coaches. I didn't realize that your coach had won coach of the year that many times but did find out that he took built a girl's program back that was in disarray and totally built a boy's team that had been poor for more than a few years. I also know that Stewart County must also not be a hotbed for talent as all you have to do is look at their other sports to figure out that. By the way does the coach have discipline, work hard and do what is necessary to make his players better. What about the other programs are they doing the same thing. I bet you can find why one is successful and the others are not.

Bramlett is much more than a coach to these young men. The players think the world of him. They know that no matter the situation Bramlett will be there to help them. He is the total package for a good coach. It is true we are not a wealthy team as far as talent goes but he makes a team out of them. The players have a lot of drive and Bramlett gets it out of them. He is successful because of the discipline, and character he instills in these young men.

Edited by schsbbfan

You know.... I read a few postings maybe 2 or 3 maybe even 4 I'm not real sure but I am getting the basic idea of the story here referring mainly to the very 1st thread here. you obviously don't have any knowledge of the game to start off with. obviously you are either a parent who is mad because your son isnt getting much playing time, or you are one of those redneck fans thats not sure weather you are at a football, baseball, or basketball game.. your just there supporting because everyone else said be there at 7:30 there is a game. The coach from stweart county is one of the better coaches in the district and does a VERY good job with the talent he has. the best player that he has is Jake West and he is just a good highschool player at best. He doesnt have much talent. winning the games that he does should be taken good there.. lets be honest here.. your not getting players from nashville or clarksville who are athletes.. there might be some years you dont win 10 games.... The point im trying to make is.. get off Coach Bramlett... good guy and coach. I didnt see yall ragging him when they started off 3-0 in the district.. you would have thought he was Coach K or something... This is coming from someone who has a very good idea of the game.. Good Luck Coach and his team.

MightyMan93442 has not a clue what he is talking about!!!!!!!!!! Stewart County boys basketball is in the best hands it has been in in over 30 years. Coach Bramlett did not make turnovers,miss shots or miss blockouts against Cheatham.He puts his players in the best position possible to win games and if it does not happen then he supports the efforts of his players. He believes in discipline,teamwork,character, and strong work ethic and would never in a lifetime put up with attitudes of some players in out district. His team does not have the talent of Cheatham County teams or others for that matter but his style and discipline makes up for lack of talent and lets them compete for the first time in many years. When you have been voted coach of the year twice in girls and once in boys in only his second year ( by other coaches in the district) he must be doing something right and have their respect. It looks like he has cleaned up and built a competitive program at SC and should be commended for the job done.He is more than about wins and losses but building relationships and character that his players will take with them long after basketball is over. My hat is off to Coach Bramlett and the job he has done at SCHS.

Bramlett is much more than a coach to these young men. My players think the world of him. They know that no matter the situation Bramlett will be there to help them. He is the total package for a good coach. It is true we are not a wealthy team as far as talent goes but he makes a team out of them. The players have a lot of drive and Bramlett gets it out of them. He is successful because of the discipline, and character he instills in these young men.

Don't know what else to add to these..plain and simple Agreeance! :thumb: Great Coach, Great Guy..Props and hats off to Bramlett

For one I am not a fan for either team I am just a fan of high school basketball and you are right that it was a very well played game by both teams I have nothing negative to say about either of them. I just think that something needs to be done about the coach for the rebels because if it wasn't for the heart and determination that the players had it wouldn't have even been close.

the reason sc has the determination and heart is because of bramlett coach bramlett is a great coach and person he knows the game of basketball and is sc is one of the best teams in the country if it wasn't for coach bramlett sc wouldn't stand a chance he is one of teh best people you will ever meet and knows how to teach the game of basketball to any kind of player.