Baylor vs. McCallie

RedGraveDigga

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That aint much help grave digga. Lets put more thought into it.

WT. Baylor McCallie

103 Alex Manley vs. Taylor Silberman

112 Baily Whitaker vs. T.J. Duncan (The transfer)

119 Trey Stavrum vs. Riley Scott

125 Troy Downey vs. Nathan Hughes

130 Adam Shuford vs. Joe Young

135 BEN JOHNSON vs. WILL YOUNG ***Match of night***

140 Mike Bell vs. Zacharia Goss

145 Chance Hayes vs. Tyler Newman

152 Reed Doster vs. Hunter Campbell

160 Daniel Waddell vs. Matt Spitalni

171 Fritz Doster vs. Thomas Brown

189 Andy Shuford vs. Lee Harper

215 Joe Scott vs. Jameel Adiniji

285 McLain Still vs. Karl Kell

Edited by fadingDUST

WT. Baylor McCallie

Spittalny wrestled 52 at father ryan and brenton austin has slid into the 160 spot and wrestled quite well at the tournament, injury defaulting to 6th, but will still have his hands full with waddell

DUST - 2006 TSSAA D2 state champ at 140 was Will Young and at 145 was Zack Goss. It's pretty unusual for athletes to get smaller from their junior to their senior seasons? Have they boarded up the weight room on Missionary Ridge?

If memory serves me, Mr Young choose to go up to 140 last year, because Mr Manson was at 135, just making me believe that Zach Goss was a small 145lb

bcb

Might have 6 young lads weigh in at 112. Nathan Hughes is out for the year,isn't he?

WT. Baylor McCallie

My eyebrows raised when I saw that Goss dropped to 40 at Ryan, but I'm not sure that it makes sense to drop him and Will Young against Baylor. Dropping Goss and both Youngs--like Dust does here--makes McCallie the favorite at 30 and turns 35 through 45 into toss-ups. This creates the possibility of a big wave if things break right, but it also creates the real possibility that they get nothing out of both Will Young and Goss. That would finish them. If they drop Joe but keep Will and Goss at 40 and 45, they are favorites in all three spots. Of course, some experimentation may be done at Soddy, and at Baylor as well, trying to figure out what's best for Clarksville.

This is also assuming Baylor doesn't shift anyone themselves.

BCB, I think Hughes' back is ok now, but whether he will be in fightin' shape by the end of the month I don't know.

Might have 6 young lads weigh in at 112.

I've seen teams weigh in 2 wrestlers at the same weight for the flexability to adjust the match ups to their liking. Can't imagine why the blue would weigh in 4 at 112? Wait a minute, my bad... tie breaker criteria #131 - the team that weighs in the most wrestlers wins?

My eyebrows raised when I saw that Goss dropped to 40 at Ryan, but I'm not sure that it makes sense to drop him and Will Young against Baylor. Dropping Goss and both Youngs--like Dust does here--makes McCallie the favorite at 30 and turns 35 through 45 into toss-ups. This creates the possibility of a big wave if things break right, but it also creates the real possibility that they get nothing out of both Will Young and Goss. That would finish them. If they drop Joe but keep Will and Goss at 40 and 45, they are favorites in all three spots. Of course, some experimentation may be done at Soddy, and at Baylor as well, trying to figure out what's best for Clarksville.

This is also assuming Baylor doesn't shift anyone themselves.

BCB, I think Hughes' back is ok now, but whether he will be in fightin' shape by the end of the month I don't know.

It looks like that the "big wave" described above is required to keep them in the match. Without the shift down and everything going right, do you think McCallie can get over the likely bonus points that will result in several matches?

Edited by mtnrasslin

It looks like that the "big wave" described above is required to keep them in the match. Without the shift down and everything going right, do you think McCallie can get over the likely bonus points that will result in several matches?

that remains to be seen...in the past couple years...mccallie and baylor have won pretty much the same number of matches...but the bonus points that baylor would get always was the difference...maybe, hopefully mccallie can get some bonus points of our own...and limit the amount that baylor gets....it should be a good match and i'm really looking forward to it

that remains to be seen...in the past couple years...mccallie and baylor have won pretty much the same number of matches...but the bonus points that baylor would get always was the difference...maybe, hopefully mccallie can get some bonus points of our own...and limit the amount that baylor gets....it should be a good match and i'm really looking forward to it

Where do you see potential bonus points for McCallie?

Edited by mtnrasslin