Mt Juliet 76, Wilson Central 70

MtJBears

Well ladies and gentlemen I just saw a AWESOME SITE tonite.

A gym packed to the rafters 30 minutes before tipoff.

#3 Mt. Juliet vs. #4 Wilson Central

ENOUGH SAID

These two teams have claimed the past 2 Class AAA State Championships

The game was INCREDIBLE. Mt. Juliet led almost the entire game. At one time I believe they had a 12 point lead.

Chris Fryer is a GENIOUS.... How can a coach lose his 5 starters from the past years team and defeat the Defining STATE CHAMPION with 3 of the top post players returning from last years team? ONE WORD ... TOGETHERNESS

The guard play of Bowman and Sharpe was the key. And Van Atta had a GREAT game scoring from inside as well as outside. I'm just guessing but I think she had 7 3point baskets.

Wilson Central was overpowering in the paint. They dominated the boards. It wouldn't surprise me if they out rebounded MtJ by 15 or more.

Most of WC points were from put backs inside the paint off missed shots.

The MtJ press did give WC some problems as they did get points off turnovers.

THIS WAS THE 60th straight Victory for the Lady Bears on their HOME FLOOR.

I am so proud of this Lady Bear team. They showed heart and determination and TOGETHERNESS..... It amazes me how great they play together.

The atmosphere of this game is what High School sports is all about.

Two rivals within a few miles of each other. The stands packed and both sides giving great support of their teams

Way to Go Lady Bears ................... keep up the great work.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MtJBears @ Jan 12 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826330085[/snapback]

ENOUGH SAID

The game was INCREDIBLE. Mt. Juliet led almost the entire game. At one time I believe they had a 12 point lead.

Chris Fryer is a GENIOUS.... How can a coach lose his 5 starters from the past years team and defeat the Defining STATE CHAMPION with 3 of the top post players returning from last years team? ONE WORD ... TOGETHERNESS

The guard play of Bowman and Sharpe was the key. And Van Atta had a GREAT game scoring from inside as well as outside. I'm just guessing but I think she had 7 3point baskets.

Wilson Central was overpowering in the paint. They dominated the boards. It wouldn't surprise me if they out rebounded MtJ by 15 or more.

I am so proud of this Lady Bear team. They showed heart and determination and TOGETHERNESS..... It amazes me how great they play together.

Two rivals within a few miles of each other. The stands packed and both sides giving great support of their teams

no matter how much of a wildcat fan i am mj played a great game... EVERYONE contributed to the scoring... what it came down to was the wildcat defense... bowman was running all over two of our guards... there is at least two very good defenders and finally maybe bud noticed and put the right person on VanAtta... in the first half she could have closed her eyes and did a flip to shoot it and it would have gone in... good job lady bears but get ready for what they throw at you at there place!!!

Congrats to Mount Juliet on a well played game. The played very well wc was outplayed on the court tonight easy as that. I was impressed the guard play was very impressive Bowman and Van Atta played very well. MJ did a great job of getting Jenkins in foul trouble early. Thought Christopher and Burroghs played well in the first game as an oppenent at the cave. Congrats agian MJ look foward to seeing you in febuary at WC. This is still the greatest rivalry in TN.

This was a great game to watch! MJ looked like they were going to bury wc, but wc battled back to keep it within reach. There were some really good ball players on the floor from both teams. I thought both coaches did a good job with their bench. I think the guard play of Sharpe and Bowman really makes that team exciting to watch. Congrats to Bryant, coming in the game in the end and making some key foul shots. I thought Buroughs of wc, did a good job of hitting some key shots, sparking a comeback, that got wc back in the game. Great game by both teams.

QUOTE(MtJBears @ Jan 12 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826330085[/snapback]

ENOUGH SAID

From Mt. Juliet's #1 fan, I say WAY TO GO!!

QUOTE(worden55 @ Jan 12 2007 - 10:10 PM) 826330158[/snapback]

I thought Buroughs of wc, did a good job of hitting some key shots, sparking a comeback, that got wc back in the game. Great game by both teams.

So why in the world would the WC coaches not leave her in the last two minutes of the game??? She was the pressure they needed on the inbounds play and press against MJ. Crazy coaching if you ask me. The MJ fans thank you though!

QUOTE(monsterball @ Jan 12 2007 - 10:54 PM) 826330247[/snapback]

[/b]

So why in the world would the WC coaches not leave her in the last two minutes of the game??? She was the pressure they needed on the inbounds play and press against MJ. Crazy coaching if you ask me. The MJ fans thank you though!

Like I said on the other topic. This game came down to coaching.

Geez... I wish I had seen this game. Burrough's KNOWS this team... she should have been on the court the majority of the game!!! SORRRY coaching if she wasn't. Congrats to Mt. Juliet. I am so proud of the Bears! I Will do everything I can to be there when they play on WC's home court. Both teams do TN basketball proud!!!

QUOTE(Morton @ Jan 12 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826330328[/snapback]

Geez... I wish I had seen this game. Burrough's KNOWS this team... she should have been on the court the majority of the game!!! SORRRY coaching if she wasn't. Congrats to Mt. Juliet. I am so proud of the Bears! I Will do everything I can to be there when they play on WC's home court. Both teams do TN basketball proud!!!

Congrats to MJ, and what a game, got our moneys worth, a great game and a sauna treatment all in 1. Special hats off to coach Fryer, he has that team working together as well as I've seen any team in a while.

Burrows was playing GREAT!!! and then she's gone. But we've seen this kind of thing before. You play bad, you stay in...good and you come out...what's a fan to do?