Sheriff’s Shoot Out

soms

We were wanting to bring a team from Chattanooga up so that Tennessee could finally get all the best kids on the Aau duals team. Our problem is that we have about 15 small programs around town and there is no way we could fill a line up even close enough to make it worth while. Most of our serious kids get together once or twice a week and practice together and we travel together out of town. I dont know that it would be fair to bring those kids up there even though there are kind of on the same team. Anyway good luck and we wish we could join you.

+

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 6 2007 - 02:52 PM) 826360667[/snapback]

More info from Coach Bill:

http://www.seaausports.com/sport.php?c=wrestling or www.safewrestling.com . Thanks to all that came to last weekend's K-8th event I hope all of you had an opportunity to get some great competition and valuable mat time.

We are hosting are 6th Annual Beginner's/K-5th grade Dual Tournament this weekend at Blackman High School in Murfreesboro Tennessee. The Beginner's Tournament is for 1st and 2nd year wrestlers ONLY. Coaches please don't bring your studs to get mat time.

Everyone wins in the Beginner's Tournament and we are hoping to get several rounds in this year with six mats.

The K-5th Grade Dual tournament is an experiment for our experienced wrestlers who can't wrestle in the Beginner's Tournament. I know it is hard to put a full team together with these weight classes, but these are the weight classes for the AAU Elem.

National Duals. I know we have the talent in Tennessee to compete, and I am hoping that we can harnessed and pull together this talent. The Sharp Shooters are even lacking several weight classes, but are putting together two teams to compete. Put as many of your kids together and get them some good mat time and start letting them learn how to wrestle in a dual competition.

Please register for both tournaments by Wednesday (tomorrow) 11 AM at:

www.safewrestling.com

Thank You, Coach Bill Kennedy

6th Annual Beginners/K-5th grade Dual Tournament

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YOUTHCOACH16 @ Feb 6 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826360705[/snapback]

We were wanting to bring a team from Chattanooga up so that Tennessee could finally get all the best kids on the Aau duals team. Our problem is that we have about 15 small programs around town and there is no way we could fill a line up even close enough to make it worth while. Most of our serious kids get together once or twice a week and practice together and we travel together out of town. I dont know that it would be fair to bring those kids up there even though there are kind of on the same team. Anyway good luck and we wish we could join you.

+

It's okay to combine a team or two from certain areas, but not all SD's, Baylor's, McCallie's, Bradley's, Ooltewah, studs ect. for a chatt. team. Holes may be adjusted or filled with other wrestlers, from other areas, but not considered TN's best to form some all-star team.

Feel free to ask for more details from Bill Kennedy srokennedy@yahoo.com ...BUT contact him quickly as he is beginning the bracket process now.

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 7 2007 - 12:15 PM) 826362029[/snapback]

It's okay to combine a team or two from certain areas, but not all SD's, Baylor's, McCallie's, Bradley's, Ooltewah, studs ect. for a chatt. team. Holes may be adjusted or filled with other wrestlers, from other areas, but not considered TN's best to form some all-star team.

Feel free to ask for more details from Bill Kennedy srokennedy@yahoo.com ...BUT contact him quickly as he is beginning the bracket process now.

And how do you think you will determine if a team is an "all star" team or not. You are either going to accept mixed teams or your not. If you put any of the 2 teams together you've mentioned above, most would consider it an "all star" team. If your not going to be more specific, your setting yourself up for some trouble when a group makes the travel only to find out you consider them too strong to wrestle in your tournament. Although, I'm sure Bill is aware of that.

QUOTE(rcpatriot @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826362585[/snapback]

And how do you think you will determine if a team is an "all star" team or not. You are either going to accept mixed teams or your not. If you put any of the 2 teams together you've mentioned above, most would consider it an "all star" team. If your not going to be more specific, your setting yourself up for some trouble when a group makes the travel only to find out you consider them too strong to wrestle in your tournament. Although, I'm sure Bill is aware of that.

Good point, but what Bill hopes to do this weekend is have as many teams as possible, but not combine more than 2 in order to avoid having the cream of the crop from several teams + have 5 deep per weight class. From speaking with Bill more... having 3 combined teams is stretching it, at least from the Chattanooga area.

He's still open to a few more teams to add - BTW.

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:43 AM) 826363209[/snapback]

Good point, but what Bill hopes to do this weekend is have as many teams as possible, but not combine more than 2 in order to avoid having the cream of the crop from several teams + have 5 deep per weight class. From speaking with Bill more... having 3 combined teams is stretching it, at least from the Chattanooga area.

He's still open to a few more teams to add - BTW.

The group of kids that we have that practices together are from 4 different teams. Although we all travel together out of town and practice together they are still registered under different teams. we would love to come but after talking to all the parents we agree that we would be viewed as an all star team and it wouldnt be fair to the teams bringing their regualr teams. Next year we will be better prepared and bring several Chattanooga teams. Good luck to all

QUOTE(YOUTHCOACH16 @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:12 AM) 826363251[/snapback]

The group of kids that we have that practices together are from 4 different teams. Although we all travel together out of town and practice together they are still registered under different teams. we would love to come but after talking to all the parents we agree that we would be viewed as an all star team and it wouldnt be fair to the teams bringing their regualr teams. Next year we will be better prepared and bring several Chattanooga teams. Good luck to all

I would rather be viewed as an "all star" team than an average hodgepodge team any day. Chattanooga kids need to show up and show their stuff. We need more exposure to these teams in Middle Tennessee.

QUOTE(Taxman @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826363266[/snapback]

I would rather be viewed as an "all star" team than an average hodgepodge team any day. Chattanooga kids need to show up and show their stuff. We need more exposure to these teams in Middle Tennessee.

And visa-vera.

The beginners tournament has been seeded. The K-5th duals has now turned out to be a tri-meet at 1 PM tomorrow (Feb 10th), unless someone quickly calls to enter at the last moment. Remember, this is a qualifier for the Nat'l duals in the Tri-Cities area this spring!!

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CALL:

BILL KENNEDY @ HM (615) 896-7172

@ WK (615) 898-7925

www.safewrestling.com

Note: Update on Food for Coaches and Officials... Lots of Bar-b-que from various establishements including the Slick Pig and Corky's Ribs, Toot's Wings, Applebee's, Ryan's, Shoney's and Legend's.