Smyrna Bowling

dawgsfan2

My hat is off to the Smyrna High School bowling team. You have shown a great deal of poise and class and have always been gracious winners. After yesterday's loss to Columbia Central, you showed that you are gracious in defeat as well. You made no excuses and showed tremendous respect for your opponent. Instead of dwelling on the loss, you began immediately looking to your next match.

You have had a tremendous season no matter what happens now, and you have already made it a lot farther than many believed you would after losing 4 bowlers from last year. You have continued to be a team--to put team above self--and you are admired by many for that.

I have spent a lot of time reading the posts on this message board, and I am proud to see that the Smyrna bowlers are not spending time here being cocky, critical, or obnoxious. For all their victories, I see no posts that make fun of or disrespecting their opponents in any way. I'm sorry I can't say that about all of the bowlers from every school, but unfortunately, poise and class do not describe all high school bowlers.

Good luck in Chattanooga on Monday!

QUOTE(dawgsfan2 @ Jan 18 2007 - 02:36 PM) 826336573[/snapback]

My hat is off to the Smyrna High School bowling team. You have shown a great deal of poise and class and have always been gracious winners. After yesterday's loss to Columbia Central, you showed that you are gracious in defeat as well. You made no excuses and showed tremendous respect for your opponent. Instead of dwelling on the loss, you began immediately looking to your next match.

You have had a tremendous season no matter what happens now, and you have already made it a lot farther than many believed you would after losing 4 bowlers from last year. You have continued to be a team--to put team above self--and you are admired by many for that.

I have spent a lot of time reading the posts on this message board, and I am proud to see that the Smyrna bowlers are not spending time here being cocky, critical, or obnoxious. For all their victories, I see no posts that make fun of or disrespecting their opponents in any way. I'm sorry I can't say that about all of the bowlers from every school, but unfortunately, poise and class do not describe all high school bowlers.

Good luck in Chattanooga on Monday!

Yes guys u have done extremely well. I am glad to hear that u guys did not act like bad sports andmake excuses. THAT defines a champion. Im sry i couldn't be there because thats all i was thinking about yesterday was how u guys were doing. Just remember what happend in the past is done and I have all the faith in the world with you guys going to Chattanooga and giving it all that youve got. Remember guys Just Do It.