Greenback

knight2

Jama Hammontree will have sugery on Tuesday. She has played the last two games and is not expected to miss a game. She is a gritty player who won't be stopped by "some little broken nose". However, her game is off alittle. It must be hard to see with your eyes/nose swollen. To Jama's credit she has continued to play aggressive/physical ball, in their face and after every ball. Cudos to you Jama.

Just let me say that the elbow that broke her nose was one of the most blatant fouls that I have ever seen. I watched the game film to be sure. Several elbows were thrown on that trip down the floor with the last one flying above the offenders shoulder (she was shorter than Jama) to landing in the middle of Jama's face. And of couse our wonderful officials managed not to "see" any elbows flying - no foul was called. It seems that the officials feel that its ok for opposing teams to foul/hurt players who are more aggressive and talented. Maybe they feel that they need to even things up. Unfortunately what ends up happening is that great athletes wind up getting hurt.

Chelsea Hooper, another starter, missed last night's game because of knee injury she suffered Tuesday night. Greenback doesn't have a game this week so she will be back before our next game.