RICHLAND GOES TO 25 and 2!

jamieroper

Congrats on your 25th win of the season against Columbia Academy tonight.

Congrats also to Seniors Russell and Roper. Both were recognized by the coaches and fans after their last home game tonight. Your dedication, hard work, and teamwork have allowed Richland to enjoy great success this year and during your entire high school career. Carry the same work ethic with you after graduation in May and you will succeed in life, just as you have on the basketball court. You ladies have continuously demonstrated what teamwork and sportsmanship is all about and I am proud to have had the privilege of watching you both play and cheering you on.

Raiders Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(auntkim @ Jan 31 2007 - 07:11 AM) 826352766[/snapback]

Congratulations to your Seniors at Richland....They sure are having a great year to go out on, along with the whole team!

Hope our seniors can go out like your's did last year. That is a long shot with all the great teams around, but you have to set your goals high to have any chance to achieve them.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Jan 31 2007 - 07:23 AM) 826352775[/snapback]

I made a mistake. Richland does have one more home game. Not to make anyone mad, but we fully intend on winning the region tourney and hosting the runner up from Region 5 in Sub-State.

In other words, if you girls want another home game, go get it!!!!!

I am a classic example of how too many blows to the head will make one really stupid. We have 2 more home games, both post-season. One hosting the first round of the Region Tourney and one hosting sub-state after winning the region tourney.

So last night was our senior's last regular season home game. If we can get to the finals of District, we will host a region game. In the quarters of region, the #1 and #2 seeds host.

So maybe, just maybe, I am correct this time.

Well, I am waiting for everyone to attack about counting my chickens before KFC says to. But what the heck, we have to fuss a little or life would be no fun.

QUOTE(SportsWizard @ Jan 31 2007 - 09:34 AM) 826352921[/snapback]

I did not see #24's (Glidden) name in the stats?

Did she play?

She started the game and played a couple of minutes. We have played a ton of games and with the #1 seed wrapped up in the District, the coach is giving some players a rest.

We have played 27 regular season games (including Holiday Tourneys), 2 full weekends of payday games just prior to the season starting, plus some practice games. It is smart to give the girls some time to rest up a little during the final 4 games of the regular season.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:19 AM) 826352829[/snapback]

I am a classic example of how too many blows to the head will make one really stupid. We have 2 more home games, both post-season. One hosting the first round of the Region Tourney and one hosting sub-state after winning the region tourney.

So last night was our senior's last regular season home game. If we can get to the finals of District, we will host a region game. In the quarters of region, the #1 and #2 seeds host.

So maybe, just maybe, I am correct this time.

Well, I am waiting for everyone to attack about counting my chickens before KFC says to. But what the heck, we have to fuss a little or life would be no fun.

im confused.. richland is hosting only the first round of the region tourney? or is richland hosting the whole region tourney?, if so they would have three games if they made it to the championship game, then if they won the championship game they would host the substate game...

QUOTE(Afterlife @ Jan 31 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826353381[/snapback]

im confused.. richland is hosting only the first round of the region tourney? or is richland hosting the whole region tourney?, if so they would have three games if they made it to the championship game, then if they won the championship game they would host the substate game...

We have a different format in this region this year. The #1 and #2 seeds at region host the first game. The rest are at either Cully or Cornersville.

The district is at one and the region at the other. I cant remember which.