1A state

timbdp

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the teams that could make it, I would say that the 2 region 5 and 6 spots are wide open. I would rank the top 3 as Collinwood, Richland and Forrest. Summertown has been on fire and apparently just reloaded after the loss of 2 stars. If Richland can win their district, they will avoid Wayne County in the 1st round of region but would probably have to face Summertown in the second round elimination game. The easiest road for the Region 6 teams is to win the region tourney. That way they will probably avoid Forrest until the finals of state. Just look at what the winner of the D11 tourney has to face. Game one against an always tough but a little down this year Perry County. Probably Summertown in the semis and then Collinwood in the finals. If the D11 school were to be able to beat the Summertown and then lose to Collinwood, they would have to go to Chapel Hill. Murders Row.... Santa Fe has shown that Collinwood is beatable. They have also shown that they can beat anyone. Moore County will have to get their players back and find some chemistry to win more than one game at the District Tourney. Although they lost by double digits to us last week without 3 or 4 players, they appeared to have more fun than they usually have. They appeared to enjoy working with the girls they were playing with. It would have been nice to have had the team we played last week to be together over the summer and through this season to see just how good they could have become. They have some players. Wayne County appears to have dropped to a solid 3rd place in that district. My picks to advance to state from region 5 and 6 are Richland and Collinwood.

From Region 3 and 4 I pick ClarkRange and Red Boling Springs.

From Region 1 and 2 I pick Oliver Springs and Cloudland

From Region 7 and 8 I pick Gleason and Trinity Christian

First round games will be Collinwood Over Gleason

ClarkRange over Cloudland

Richland over Red Boling Springs

Trinity Christian over Oliver Springs

Round 2 will be ClarkRange over Collinwood

Richland over Trinity Christian

Finals will be Richland over ClarkRange.

Just a wild guess, but it was fun coming up with all this.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Jan 31 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826353322[/snapback]

Looking at the teams that could make it, I would say that the 2 region 5 and 6 spots are wide open. I would rank the top 3 as Collinwood, Richland and Forrest. Summertown has been on fire and apparently just reloaded after the loss of 2 stars. If Richland can win their district, they will avoid Wayne County in the 1st round of region but would probably have to face Summertown in the second round elimination game. The easiest road for the Region 6 teams is to win the region tourney. That way they will probably avoid Forrest until the finals of state. Just look at what the winner of the D11 tourney has to face. Game one against an always tough but a little down this year Perry County. Probably Summertown in the semis and then Collinwood in the finals. If the D11 school were to be able to beat the Summertown and then lose to Collinwood, they would have to go to Chapel Hill. Murders Row.... Santa Fe has shown that Collinwood is beatable. They have also shown that they can beat anyone. Moore County will have to get their players back and find some chemistry to win more than one game at the District Tourney. Although they lost by double digits to us last week without 3 or 4 players, they appeared to have more fun than they usually have. They appeared to enjoy working with the girls they were playing with. It would have been nice to have had the team we played last week to be together over the summer and through this season to see just how good they could have become. They have some players. Wayne County appears to have dropped to a solid 3rd place in that district. My picks to advance to state from region 5 and 6 are Richland and Collinwood.

From Region 3 and 4 I pick ClarkRange and Red Boling Springs.

From Region 1 and 2 I pick Oliver Springs and Cloudland

From Region 7 and 8 I pick Gleason and Trinity Christian

First round games will be Collinwood Over Gleason

ClarkRange over Cloudland

Richland over Red Boling Springs

Trinity Christian over Oliver Springs

Round 2 will be ClarkRange over Collinwood

Richland over Trinity Christian

Finals will be Richland over ClarkRange.

Just a wild guess, but it was fun coming up with all this.

no way richland defeats rbs or c'range summertown in the mix

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 1 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826354734[/snapback]

no way richland defeats rbs or c'range summertown in the mix

But I do agree that Summertown could very easily be there. What they have accomplished after losing 2 starters is amazing. Who can doubt them. I do not know of any other team that could lose that kind of talent and still maintain that level of play.

Great job Summertown.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 1 2007 - 03:02 PM) 826354757[/snapback]

But I do agree that Summertown could very easily be there. What they have accomplished after losing 2 starters is amazing. Who can doubt them. I do not know of any other team that could lose that kind of talent and still maintain that level of play.

Great job Summertown.

Saw Summertown's coach scouting the action last night at the Forrest/Moore Cty game....you could almost see the wheels turning

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Feb 4 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826358091[/snapback]

Its obvious that no team is 7a is unbeatable, but you better be careful what you wish for!

This was not a problem for Auntkim's team last year. They beat the best that 7A had to offer. Everyone may need to keep an eye to the west--Trinity and Gleason. May be their year.

QUOTE(midtnbb @ Feb 4 2007 - 02:53 PM) 826358122[/snapback]

This was not a problem for Auntkim's team last year. They beat the best that 7A had to offer. Everyone may need to keep an eye to the west--Trinity and Gleason. May be their year.

There are so many possibilities and strong teams, could go north, south, east or west..can't wait, and as we all say on any given day any team can be beat !