Metro Nashville Middle School Tourneys

cobrafan90

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 1 2007 - 02:28 PM) 826354704[/snapback]

Does anyone know where the games will be played??

and when???

What teams are good this yr? Haynes, MLK, and JFK on the boys side.

Week starting February 12 will be division west division tournament at Camerson. February 20-21 will be City at Cameron. My information says that it was supposed to be a Head for both but I think they changed locations and now its at Cameron and hosted by Head.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 5 2007 - 03:02 PM) 826359430[/snapback]

thx

No problem, looks like on the boys side its between Western foes JT Moore, MLK, and JFK. In the East it looks like Haynes. I believe all are undefeated. Pretty much looks like the football playoffs just with MLK instead of Bailey.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Feb 6 2007 - 09:40 AM) 826360279[/snapback]

No problem, looks like on the boys side its between Western foes JT Moore, MLK, and JFK. In the East it looks like Haynes. I believe all are undefeated. Pretty much looks like the football playoffs just with MLK instead of Bailey.

I agree. I've seen JFK, MLK, and Haynes. I haven't seen JT Moore. Probably will be MLK vs. Haynes.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 9 2007 - 08:01 AM) 826364752[/snapback]

I agree. I've seen JFK, MLK, and Haynes. I haven't seen JT Moore. Probably will be MLK vs. Haynes.

What does MLK have? I know Haynes is big and athletic. I dont think they are very skilled though. JFK runs the court. JT Moore is good but they have been beaten at least twice already.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:17 AM) 826364912[/snapback]

What does MLK have? I know Haynes is big and athletic. I dont think they are very skilled though. JFK runs the court. JT Moore is good but they have been beaten at least twice already.

MLK returns the big post from last yr. They have a couple of good guards. Of course they are very disciplined. They don't take many bad shots.

Haynes has the luxury of coming out of the east. I don't know who else is strong on the east. Gra-Mar and Goodlettsville are down. MLK, JFK, and Moore will all have to battle before facing Haynes.

Haynes is fairly balanced. Two bigs(one huge) and a couple of guards. I can't say that they shot the ball well from the outside though. They had one guard who is head and shoulders above the rest of middle school. Braids and bow-legged. I think he went to jere baxter last yr.

JFK has 5 players who can take it to the basket and finish. Very athletic.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 9 2007 - 02:21 PM) 826365253[/snapback]

MLK returns the big post from last yr. They have a couple of good guards. Of course they are very disciplined. They don't take many bad shots.

Haynes has the luxury of coming out of the east. I don't know who else is strong on the east. Gra-Mar and Goodlettsville are down. MLK, JFK, and Moore will all have to battle before facing Haynes.

Haynes is fairly balanced. Two bigs(one huge) and a couple of guards. I can't say that they shot the ball well from the outside though. They had one guard who is head and shoulders above the rest of middle school. Braids and bow-legged. I think he went to jere baxter last yr.

JFK has 5 players who can take it to the basket and finish. Very athletic.

I have a feeling that MLK will beat JFK for the Western Division Championship but I think that JFK will rebound to win City over MLK.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Feb 9 2007 - 03:20 PM) 826365338[/snapback]

I have a feeling that MLK will beat JFK for the Western Division Championship but I think that JFK will rebound to win City over MLK.

Very Good Observation from everyone. I think the top four teams are Haynes, JFK, MLK. I am not sure about JT Moore. I think Wright has a better overall team than JT Moore. Haynes is going to be hard to handle, the guard did play with Jere Baxter. He was the MVP of the Middle School Tournament Last Year, very talented. The Big man seems strong inside and they play solid defense.

Jfk has super perimeter players,they have four kids that can beat you off the dribble. MLK has a force inside as well and good guard play, they are very disciplined and play good team ball.

I think JT Moores lack of discipline will hurt them. Wright has better guard play and a decent big man.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(BigD25 @ Feb 9 2007 - 09:38 PM) 826365609[/snapback]

Very Good Observation from everyone. I think the top four teams are Haynes, JFK, MLK. I am not sure about JT Moore. I think Wright has a better overall team than JT Moore. Haynes is going to be hard to handle, the guard did play with Jere Baxter. He was the MVP of the Middle School Tournament Last Year, very talented. The Big man seems strong inside and they play solid defense.

Jfk has super perimeter players,they have four kids that can beat you off the dribble. MLK has a force inside as well and good guard play, they are very disciplined and play good team ball.

I think JT Moores lack of discipline will hurt them. Wright has better guard play and a decent big man.

JT Moore got knocked out last night by JFK. JFK won by around twenty. They play HG Hill on Wednesday which should be a very good matchup. JFK is run and gun and Hill has some big bodies in the paint. My pick is JFK by fifteen. I dont think Hill can run with them. On the other bracket ???????

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(BigD25 @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826371007[/snapback]

JFK should beat HG Hill, there defense is to strong for HG Hill.

JFK beat Hill by about 15 and beat MLK in the western finals by about 7. MLK was okay but not nearly as good as everyone said they would be. MLK has a center thats pretty good but no other key players that stood out. MLK looked to prefer a slow paced game and they definately achieved that but it back fired as JFK was ready for the test. Good games to come next Tuesday and Wednesday at Cameron. By the way, Cameron should have never gotten this host site. Horrible for parking. Officers were towing cars all night long.