Mt. Juliet at Wilson Central

hoopenitup

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hoopenitup @ Feb 3 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826356835[/snapback]

I know this will start getting a bunch of comments so might as well put it out as its own topic. I mentioned in a different post that if WC comes out and matches intensity with MJ, Wilson Central gets a W.

I think Bud goes to his secret book of plays for this one

There is no secret between these teams and coaches. The key is execution and guard play...someone on a post a while back made what I think was a great observation regarding the High School girl's game - it is played below the rim.

WC has too many posts and not enough handlers to defeat MJ. Fryer continues to outcoach everybody and will on Tuesday night (only after taking care of business against Lebanon this evening - this team does not look ahead)

I have been advocating the quiet approach all year for this version of the Bears, they are hard nosed, tough and do not bray about their place in the state...they 'just do it'.

I love the papers and WC fans stating HOT and PEAKING...my question is how could WC possibly lose the District Reg season title this year, hmmm?

The Bears were a bit sick and banged up last two games, and still won. As they will tonight, as they will Tuesday night.

Speed Kills.

Go Bears!

QUOTE(MJ AND BEYOND @ Feb 3 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826356889[/snapback]

There is no secret between these teams and coaches. The key is execution and guard play...someone on a post a while back made what I think was a great observation regarding the High School girl's game - it is played below the rim.

WC has too many posts and not enough handlers to defeat MJ. Fryer continues to outcoach everybody and will on Tuesday night (only after taking care of business against Lebanon this evening - this team does not look ahead)

I have been advocating the quiet approach all year for this version of the Bears, they are hard nosed, tough and do not bray about their place in the state...they 'just do it'.

I love the papers and WC fans stating HOT and PEAKING...my question is how could WC possibly lose the District Reg season title this year, hmmm?

The Bears were a bit sick and banged up last two games, and still won. As they will tonight, as they will Tuesday night.

Speed Kills.

Go Bears!

Speed does kill but I think WC guards will step up to the occasion kind of like what happened last year in the Region 5AAA Semis.... I don't think in the long run when teams hit the tournaments that MJ has the bench depth to keep up with WC. WC has too many weapons to defend. If WC shows up like they are suppose to I predict WC will win Tuesday night by a score of 65-57....

QUOTE(MJ AND BEYOND @ Feb 3 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826356889[/snapback]

Speed Kills.

Go Bears!

From the reports on the game, it sounds like Coach Fryer got some hot tips from "The Great Escape" for the Lebanon game.

I think you can throw out everything leading up to the game when these two teams meet, they shift into a different gear. Still think WC will defend the GLADE!

QUOTE(8AAALUM @ Feb 4 2007 - 12:14 AM) 826357680[/snapback]

Speed does kill but I think WC guards will step up to the occasion kind of like what happened last year in the Region 5AAA Semis.... I don't think in the long run when teams hit the tournaments that MJ has the bench depth to keep up with WC. WC has too many weapons to defend. If WC shows up like they are suppose to I predict WC will win Tuesday night by a score of 65-57....

There is no Calhoun in the pack for WC this year, and no one has stepped up at this point. MJ's Bowman and Sharpe are the best in the Midstate if not the State and will score as the tempo dictates - inside or out.

MJ plays a solid 8, more than enough for tourneys considering they are the fittest team in the state. These girls can run all day. I'll throw it back this way...MJ has demonstrably too many weapons to defend. K.C. Van Atta is the big problem for WC.

Why is it even a question for WC to show up or not? Did they not 'show up' for the first MJ game, or were they beaten by a better team? Anybody know why they did not win district reg season?

MJ by 6

Next prediction, MJ wins the game and WC'ers start the 'its tough to beat a team three times in a row' chant

Go Bears!

Yeah i usually like that chant its tough to beat a team three times....which it is. This time though im going to give WC the edge at home. MJ did beat WC earlier this year that game was at MJ which is probably one of the toughest places to play in the state. Also Jenkins wasnt much of a factor in this game you have to believe that she will have a much better game. Yes Calhoun may be gone but i have confidence in christopher and burroghs at the gaurd spot and watch out for Farmer at the three point line. Ill end with this WC wins by 7.