Sarah Nelms

Columbia Academy

Susan Davis

Huntland

Cassie Perkins

Culleoka

Shelby Campbell

Nice list!!!

I believe you are being very generous with some of your selections. But the more girls that get selected, the more girls that will have another trophy for the case. So I will agree with you, give as much recognition as possible.

What games are you going to watch?????

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 11 2007 - 03:24 PM) 826367496[/snapback]

Nice list!!!

I believe you are being very generous with some of your selections. But the more girls that get selected, the more girls that will have another trophy for the case. So I will agree with you, give as much recognition as possible.

What games are you going to watch?????

How many players are usually selected?

Probably go to Mt Pleasant Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That way I can see 2 games a night. Haven't decided on Thursday. Friday will probably be Cornersville. Saturday will be Mt Pleasant, they have 4 games.

QUOTE(greenwheel @ Feb 11 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826367534[/snapback]

How many players are usually selected?

Probably go to Mt Pleasant Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That way I can see 2 games a night. Haven't decided on Thursday. Friday will probably be Cornersville. Saturday will be Mt Pleasant, they have 4 games.

I do not know how many they select but your list is as good as any.

Have a good time at the games.

I am glad it is about over. It has been a long 18 years for me following 5 kids through basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball, tennis and football. I bet I have watched 20,000 games. Take care.

QUOTE(Doyouthink? @ Feb 5 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826359932[/snapback]

This statement will not be a popular but I do believe a student athlete should be held to a high standard, hard work on and off the court.

That includes grades, and some sort of honor code, and to be held accountable for misconduct, a student athlete who has during season been suspended, expelled, or sent to alternative school, which makes them ineligible to participate in that sport, should not be eligible for awards.

I agree with you in theory. Student athletes are very visible and leave themselves open to others looking up to them. However, if we are going to hold everyone's past in front of them, we may not be doing what is best for them. Mistakes are tough to live with and I understand the standard issue. I would hope that there would be something of value in someone who could rise above their mistakes.

What is the criteria for selection? Performance in tournament? Performance in the season? Since I wasn't involved in the suspension, expulsion, or whatever it was that #10 was a part of, I would have a hard time not selecting her based on what I had heard through Coach T and at basketball games. It also says that the punishment and embarrassment she and possibly her family may have faced as a result of her actions was not enough for the bystanders. I don't know much, but I know that at sixteen it is difficult to always make the right decision. Hey it is tough even as old as I am now. I also think you might need to do a more thorough search of all of the candidates if you don't select one because their incidenct was public. There might be more hiding in the closets of others that didn't make the headlines. I don't really think it is necessary to go this route when the school and parents seem to have handled the punishment. You may know more than I do. I believe there is something Biblical about forgiveness and our memories of our wrongs.

right is right and wrong is wrong

if you are caught cheating on a test your not given a second chance to do the right thing, because of the embarrassment you caused your self or your family.

this is different this game they play is for a priveledged few, it requires that you mantain a certian caliber of performance, people are watching, and judging you on your performance, and you will be judged on your behavior and how you act on and off the court as it should be.

this "oh its fine they are only 16" is a lot of nonsense, at 16 you should be held responsible for your own actions, and you do know the differnce.

and that any girl who worked hard and followed all the rules missed getting a award for one who had a "lapse in good judgement" is wrong.

there are no closet kids here, you broke the rules end of conversation.

Is there no honor code anymore?? if not how sad. there has to be a standard of behavior.

this is NOT the past it is THIS season as is the awards, I'm glad this subject hardly ever comes up.

QUOTE(fanonly @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:42 PM) 826373933[/snapback]

I agree with you in theory. Student athletes are very visible and leave themselves open to others looking up to them. However, if we are going to hold everyone's past in front of them, we may not be doing what is best for them. Mistakes are tough to live with and I understand the standard issue. I would hope that there would be something of value in someone who could rise above their mistakes.

What is the criteria for selection? Performance in tournament? Performance in the season? Since I wasn't involved in the suspension, expulsion, or whatever it was that #10 was a part of, I would have a hard time not selecting her based on what I had heard through Coach T and at basketball games. It also says that the punishment and embarrassment she and possibly her family may have faced as a result of her actions was not enough for the bystanders. I don't know much, but I know that at sixteen it is difficult to always make the right decision. Hey it is tough even as old as I am now. I also think you might need to do a more thorough search of all of the candidates if you don't select one because their incidenct was public. There might be more hiding in the closets of others that didn't make the headlines. I don't really think it is necessary to go this route when the school and parents seem to have handled the punishment. You may know more than I do. I believe there is something Biblical about forgiveness and our memories of our wrongs.

You have made a good point. This does make me rethink the situation.