2007 Kingsport Eastman Invitational

DBLIS

QUOTE(DBLIS @ Apr 15 2007 - 09:19 PM) 826438230[/snapback]We want to thank all of the teams that participated in this year's tournament. There were some very good games to watch until Mother Nature took over. We hope you were pleased with the tournament and we hope to see you again next year. Being my first year as the tournament director, I learned a considerable amount of information that will help in continuing to improve the tournament. Again, thanks and we hope everyone had a safe trip home.

First, let me commend you on a tournament well ran, up unitl the weather took over. The unfortunate cancellation due to bad weather is a factor no one can predict or prevent. The one complaint I have is that the scholarship money was not given out. The tournamnet declared 16 teams eligible for elimination rounds. At the very least you should divide the total funds equally among those teams. There are other methods that could be used to further determine ranked finishes of those 16 teams, such as won-loss, allowed runs, total runs scored, etc. A tournament champion might even be declared using these methods. THe bottom line is that the main reason teams come there to compete is to earn that money for their seniors. According to your tournament program you have businessses that donate those funds for that purpose. Do their company representatives know you have not given that money out? I wonder what their response would be if they find out you didn't? In my opinion, this is not your money to keep and you are misrepresenting yourself by not giving it out. You need to realize that this tournament could receive a black eye and teams may not return to compete in the future. I would reccomend that our school not return (and we have been a regular attendant in the past) if these funds are not distibuted in some manner. If you have decided to give out this money then I stand corrected and apologize for any unjust statements. thanks.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(psd722 @ Apr 16 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826438521[/snapback]First, let me commend you on a tournament well ran, up unitl the weather took over. The unfortunate cancellation due to bad weather is a factor no one can predict or prevent. The one complaint I have is that the scholarship money was not given out. The tournamnet declared 16 teams eligible for elimination rounds. At the very least you should divide the total funds equally among those teams. There are other methods that could be used to further determine ranked finishes of those 16 teams, such as won-loss, allowed runs, total runs scored, etc. A tournament champion might even be declared using these methods. THe bottom line is that the main reason teams come there to compete is to earn that money for their seniors. According to your tournament program you have businessses that donate those funds for that purpose. Do their company representatives know you have not given that money out? I wonder what their response would be if they find out you didn't? In my opinion, this is not your money to keep and you are misrepresenting yourself by not giving it out. You need to realize that this tournament could receive a black eye and teams may not return to compete in the future. I would reccomend that our school not return (and we have been a regular attendant in the past) if these funds are not distibuted in some manner. If you have decided to give out this money then I stand corrected and apologize for any unjust statements. thanks.

The South Florence and Bradley Central game was not a complete game. It was suspended due to field conditions. It was in the top of the fourth inning when it was called. So the posting of a 6-2 final score is incorrect.

QUOTE(baller193 @ Apr 16 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826438613[/snapback]The South Florence and Bradley Central game was not a complete game. It was suspended due to field conditions. It was in the top of the fourth inning when it was called. So the posting of a 6-2 final score is incorrect.

Yes, that's what I thought. Thank you for clearing that up for me. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(baller193 @ Apr 16 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826438613[/snapback]The South Florence and Bradley Central game was not a complete game. It was suspended due to field conditions. It was in the top of the fourth inning when it was called. So the posting of a 6-2 final score is incorrect.

Someone took the liberty of posting it as a loss on Bradley Central's record. How is that corrected?

QUOTE(sluggo5 @ Apr 17 2007 - 07:02 AM) 826439209[/snapback]Someone took the liberty of posting it as a loss on Bradley Central's record. How is that corrected?

Sorry sluggo- I don't know how you can change (or remove, in this case) a game after someone posts it incorrectly. I can confirm that the game was not ever completed. I hope you get it resolved!

QUOTE(sluggo5 @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:02 AM) 826439209[/snapback]Someone took the liberty of posting it as a loss on Bradley Central's record. How is that corrected?

A message has been sent to coacht to correct the scoring error. Should be changed some time today. Sorry for the error.

QUOTE(DBLIS @ Apr 15 2007 - 05:46 AM) 826437737[/snapback]Saturday Pool Play Results

Knox Central 6, Science Hill 0

J. J. Kelly 7, Claiborne County 0 (Forfeit)

Jefferson County 7, Sullivan South 0

Gate City 7, Unicoi County 0

David Crockett 5, Sullivan East 3

Morristown East 10, Tennessee High 0

Chuckey-Doak 8, Greeneville 5

Seymour 6, Volunteer 5

Cleveland 3, Greeneville 1

Florence, S.C. 11, Sullivan Central 1

Tazewell, Va. 5, Elizabethton 4

Hendersonville 16, Castlewood, Va. 0

Richlands, Va. 5, Daniel Boone 1

J.J. Kelly, Va. 7, Haysi, Va. 7

J.I. Burton, Va. 7, Morristown West 0 (Forfeit)

Ooltewah 10, Sullivan East 0

Dobyns-Bennett 10, Twin Springs, Va. 0

Unicoi County 5, Jefferson County 5

Elizabethton 7, Oak Ridge 2

Patrick Henry, Va. 9, Sullivan South 8

Hendersonville 3, Morristown East 2

Science Hill 7, Claiborne County 0 (Forfeit)

Watauga, N.C. 7, Castlewood 6

Cleveland 4, Twin Springs, Va. 0

Sullivan Central 7, Daniel Boone 4

Jefferson County 4, Gate City 3

Knox Central 9, J.J. Kelly, Va. 3

South Florence, S.C. 6, Bradley Central 2

Ooltewah 9, J.I. Burton, Va. 1

Dobyns-Bennett 5, Chuckey-Doak 0

Volunteer 7, Tazewell, Va. 0 (Forfeit)

Seymour 7, Oak Ridge 0 (Forfeit)

Morristown East 7, Watauga, N.C. 0 (Forfeit)

David Crockett 7, Morristown West 0 (Forfeit)

Bradley Central 7, Richlands, Va. 0 (Forfeit)

Knox Central 7, Haysi, Va. 0 (Forfeit)

Patrick Henry, Va. 7, Gate City 0 (Forfeit)

Unicoi County beat Jefferson County 5 to 0.... It was not a tie....

QUOTE(softballfever @ Apr 18 2007 - 03:32 PM) 826440451[/snapback]Unicoi County beat Jefferson County 5 to 0.... It was not a tie....

Will all of these games that were forfeited go down as losses for these teams? Just wondering, because I do not see them showing up on their records as losses.

In order to ease everyone's minds, the posted scores including the forfieted games were the scores used to decide the the 16 teams that were to play in the elimination. They were not intended for each teams record outside the tournament. Obviously each team's record is a very important thing for some so I will apologize for the confusion. The South Florence-Bradley Central game was not finished as far a a complete game but it was agreed that that score of 6-2 would be used in the seeding for the elimination. As for the Unicoi County-Jefferson score that was a typo. Unicoi County won 5-0. I hope this is beneficial and I wish everyone continued success.