District 9A Semi-Final Action

FridayMainEvent

QUOTE(blueice712 @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826382070[/snapback]Great games at Cascade on Tues. night. My second favorite team, VB, comes from behind to beat Eagleville. Props to Eagleville-I,ve been a little hard on 'em, but they great tonight. If AA doesn't foul out trying to gaurd Baker man to man, Eagleville probably wins. Coach should have mixed in some other D's to help get the ball away from Baker and keep AA on the court. VB will go to Nashville Christian Sat. They can win this one. NC plays a slow half court game that will play right into VB strength. Eagleville plays White House Heritage- I know nothing about them. Cascade plays East Literature. East Lit beat Cascade by 16 earlier. Since then Cascade playing better and EL has lost several games lately. Forrest hosts Houston Co. Don't know anything about them either. Good luck rockets- bounce back and take care of business. Cory, Chase, Chandler, Brian, Nick take it to 'em and represent 9A.

so who won the championship and by how much and who got mvp tonight

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fatman from vb @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826382082[/snapback]so who won the championship and by how much and who got mvp tonight

Two great games played tonight at Cascade. Van Buren beat Eagleville in OT and Cascade won the championship 54-42. Brandon Hall recieved MVP of the tourney. Congrats to all teams that participated. Now that the district tourney is over good luck to all 9A teams, represent the district well. Forrest led 4-3 after the first quarter and cascade seperated themselve in the third quarter . Good game again and congrats to the Champs!

Congratulations to Cascade on a great victory last night. I'm very happy for the seniors and Coach Pope and Edwards. This was reward for a great career the seniors have had and hopefully the beginning of a deep post-season run. I'd like to especially thank Reed, Day, and Craig as senior starters for playing hard and giving us alot to cheer for this year. Stephan Reed, if I had a team of kids with as much heart as you, I'd go to Vegas and lay some money on my own team! Davis and Johnson have both given us some valuable minutes this season and Davis really came through when we needed him late in the season with the suspensions. Coach Pope, I know you've had your share of doubters since coming to Cascade, but I wanted you to know that as a fellow Community Alumni I was proud of the job you did last night and hope you remain at Cascade for many years to come. It is great to have a knowledgeable guy like Coach Edwards on the bench beside you and I hope both of you understand how much our school appreciates the job you guys do.

Now for the negative........If you guys come out as flat as we did in the game last night, it's going to be "game over" quickly. I understand that the game before you went into overtime and you may of had some championship jeeters, but with the talent we have on this team, confidence has to be at an all time high! YOU ARE AN EXCELLENT TEAM! Believe that and think that when you hit the floor next game! Good luck guys and the whole community will be there rooting you on all the way to the state if we're fortunate enough to go that far!

Good luck to Cascade... I want to say I have said alot of things on here and its all fun. But I really mean this... you guys earned that title last night so congrats to all the boys and the coach. The fans were great on your side to. When you hold Corey to 16 pts u have done something so congrats to coach pope. Good luck against East Lit. I am rooting for you guys I love the enerfy you guys play with. Fun to watch

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826382943[/snapback]Good luck to Cascade... I want to say I have said alot of things on here and its all fun. But I really mean this... you guys earned that title last night so congrats to all the boys and the coach. The fans were great on your side to. When you hold Corey to 16 pts u have done something so congrats to coach pope. Good luck against East Lit. I am rooting for you guys I love the enerfy you guys play with. Fun to watch

Thanks Fresh, that is first class of you. Hey I have a question for you though? Were you in the front row wearing the old forrest warm up pull over? If so what did the cop say to ya? I know you got pretty heated with the officials. Just wonder what he said. I dont think you did anything that was wrong enough for him to come over there maybe getting up is though. maybe it wasnt you not sure? Either way your brother is a good ball player and if he had another person of his calliber on the team i think you guys would advance even further than a possible sub state apperance. I may be wrong maybe forrest can make it to the state tourney as long as cascade does as well im cool with that lol. I will be rooting you guys on as well. Looks like its going to be a great tourney to watch. Looking at the bracket for the entire tourney from now to state second place may be the best spot to be in coming out of the regional tourney due to having to face Union City in the second round of state. I know I am jumping entirely way ahead and every team should have the aspirations of winning the regional tourney of course, just looking at it from the perspective of not having to play them until the championship game of states. They have been averaging over 100 points a game the past few games.