Best Team in Sevier County?

SCARfan1624

QUOTE(SCARfan1624 @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:55 AM) 826385633[/snapback]I would be willing to wager that Seymour and Pigeon Forge could take on SCHS's "district schedule" (since their non-district schedule is a joke year in and out) and do alot better tha SCHS does. Especially the teams of the past and probably the teams of the future.

I don't believe anyone is stopping them. Seymour and PF can schedule the Farraguts, Beardens, South Doyles, etc. for nonconference games if they want. (Of course Seymour may get this in a few years if they keep growing since they are already bigger than some AAA anyway.) Why not talk about something that matters anyway. Like how Seymour, PF, SCHS, and GP will do in their districts. And will any teams be improved from last year.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(eaglefan85 @ Feb 23 2007 - 11:51 AM) 826385820[/snapback]I don't believe anyone is stopping them. Seymour and PF can schedule the Farraguts, Beardens, South Doyles, etc. for nonconference games if they want. (Of course Seymour may get this in a few years if they keep growing since they are already bigger than some AAA anyway.) Why not talk about something that matters anyway. Like how Seymour, PF, SCHS, and GP will do in their districts. And will any teams be improved from last year.

Sevier County is going to be young, but talented and athletic (unlike most of our teams of the past). but when you are in a district with three of the best b-ball teams in the state you are going to struggle. in my opinion nothing will change until we change the little league system in sevierville and start playing ball like they do at Bower.

QUOTE(Pioneer28 @ Feb 23 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826385871[/snapback]Sevier County is going to be young, but talented and athletic (unlike most of our teams of the past). but when you are in a district with three of the best b-ball teams in the state you are going to struggle. in my opinion nothing will change until we change the little league system in sevierville and start playing ball like they do at Bower.

Unfortunately for Sevier County "talent and athletic" are relative terms, especially when compared to their district. Bottom line is Sevier County needs to learn how to win. Being used to losing for the past however many years is a hurdle that is not easily overcome (put that in track terms since Sevier County is a dominant track program now).

QUOTE(Pioneer28 @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826385619[/snapback]here's a question, who would be the best in the county if any of the other three schools swapped districts with schs?

Being the best team in the county has nothing to do with what district you are in; it is about the quality of each individual team.

QUOTE(auburn08 @ Feb 23 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826385978[/snapback]Being the best team in the county has nothing to do with what district you are in; it is about the quality of each individual team.

that is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard. if we go by that philosophy SCHS could go 3-23 with their wins being against GP, Seymour, and PF and still be the best team in the county. Of course it has something to do with what district you play in. GP and PF play a real easy schedule in an easy district so it makes them look better.

QUOTE(Pioneer28 @ Feb 23 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826386027[/snapback]that is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard. if we go by that philosophy SCHS could go 3-23 with their wins being against GP, Seymour, and PF and still be the best team in the county. Of course it has something to do with what district you play in. GP and PF play a real easy schedule in an easy district so it makes them look better.

Are you incenuating that Sevier County is better than Pigeon Forge because of their district? That is foolishness and what I was trying to say is being the best team in the county deals with how you stack up agianst the other county teams, not your district. Sevier County also plays probably the easiest non-district schedule in the state of Tennessee.

QUOTE(seymourbsbll19 @ Feb 23 2007 - 04:06 PM) 826386212[/snapback]youre exaclty right, thats y pigeon forge has been dominant in the district the past couple years...bc their district flat out stinks. The one team they have 2 play that is pretty good is Rutledge.

Hmm...well the least that Sevier Co. could do is win against a few local teams and then maybe everyone would think they were ok. Don't use that excuse because it's ridiculous, how do you expect them to do well in their district if they can't beat 2 out of 3 of the teams in seveir county? It's their own fault they're in that district, do some recruiting or something, that's a massive school and yet no one to play baseball? Wow, crazy stuff, huh?