Region 5AAA

MJ AND BEYOND

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ballfan @ Feb 24 2007 - 12:48 AM) 826386953[/snapback]Mt. Juliet has been playing very poorly lately; can they beat a very good Clarksville NE team?

Clarksville -Northeast is really playing some good basketball right now. The 7 losses they have, came ealier in the season. Most people don't know it but they had several players out for injuries in 6 of the seven losses. Two of those games Evans and Williams were out at the same time. The first game against Beech - no Williams, no Fliipen(sixth man), Stating center Barlow - injured ankle in the first quarter and they lost by 2 (60 - 58) with a chance to win at the end. Quite honestly, they played an average game last night against Beech and they were never really in any danger of losing the game and won comfortably by nine. They finally have everyone back healthy and the chemistry is good. Evans continues to make big time plays (25 points & 10 assists last night), and Williams (15 points & 9 rebounds), is her phenominal self. With all that being said and not to take anything from them, because they are a really fine team with what I believe a GREAT coach, Beech High School is not Mt. Juliet. Playing poorly or not, Mt. Juliet is still Mt. Juliet, which is one of the best teams in the state. I am not guaranteeing a win by Clarksville-Northeast, however this is not the same team that lost big to Riverdale earlier in the season.

QUOTE(ballfan @ Feb 24 2007 - 12:48 AM) 826386953[/snapback]Mt. Juliet has been playing very poorly lately; can they beat a very good Clarksville NE team?

I was encouraged by Heather Miller's line last night (20 pts., 20 rebounds)..I would like to see her continue aggressive Offensive play (great on D!). This could be a real difference maker down the road especially if the Bears have an opportunity to match up against WC. WC sagged down in the paint whenever Miller had the ball at high post, would like to see her step up and take that shot.

Good luck Lady Bears! Should be a great match up with CNE.

Any word on DC's guard Hamilton (knee?)

QUOTE(RARip @ Feb 24 2007 - 08:29 AM) 826387041[/snapback]Clarksville -Northeast is really playing some good basketball right now. The 7 losses they have, came ealier in the season. Most people don't know it but they had several players out for injuries in 6 of the seven losses. Two of those games Evans and Williams were out at the same time. The first game against Beech - no Williams, no Fliipen(sixth man), Stating center Barlow - injured ankle in the first quarter and they lost by 2 (60 - 58) with a chance to win at the end. Quite honestly, they played an average game last night against Beech and they were never really in any danger of losing the game and won comfortably by nine. They finally have everyone back healthy and the chemistry is good. Evans continues to make big time plays (25 points & 10 assists last night), and Williams (15 points & 9 rebounds), is her phenominal self. With all that being said and not to take anything from them, because they are a really fine team with what I believe a GREAT coach, Beech High School is not Mt. Juliet. Playing poorly or not, Mt. Juliet is still Mt. Juliet, which is one of the best teams in the state. I am not guaranteeing a win by Clarksville-Northeast, however this is not the same team that lost big to Riverdale earlier in the season.

Nice write up Should be a barn burner at Beech - does the CNE faithful travel well?

QUOTE(impossible.is.nothing @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826390947[/snapback]A slow start for Wilson Central, but they ended up playing very well.

Dickson County was not getting as many shot opportunities as they needed.

I wasn't able to watch the Mt. Juliet game, if anyone has any information on it.

NE pulled off a big upset against MJ. MJ fans sat stunned. WC fans stayed to watch and they left stunned. No one, other than NE, saw this one coming. MJ led most of the game, until when it counted, at the final buzzer.

Thoughts? How will WC match up to NE?