District 9A

FridayMainEvent

How does everyone see this district finishing?

I think Forrest and Cascade should battle it out again this year. Obviously Forrest has to be the pick until someone else in this district proves they can play with them. They have a top notch program over there and the facilities are second to none. I love playing over there because of the beautiful field they've put a lot of hard work into. Here's how I see the district finishing this year. (Don't be offended, Forrest, have the utmost respect for you girls, but I think we've got a lot of potential this year.)

1. Cascade ( Young team has to step up quickly)

2. Forrest ( Will win district again if young potential at Cascade doesn't mature quickly)

3. Community (should be much improved)

4. Boyd (possible sleeper)

5. Van Buren (no team last year, but athletic girls at school)

6. Eagleville (don't know what they have returning)

7. M.T.C.S. (unless they found some pitching, it'll be another long season.)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you guys cascade 11. Thanks for the coments about our program and our facilites. We have alot of great supporters. Looking foward to playing Cascade should be great game. We lost four great seniors from last years team they will be missed. We have only one senior on the team this year, and only one junior. The rest sophmores and freshman. Good luck to all the teams.

QUOTE(Rocketdad2216 @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826385703[/snapback]Good luck to you guys cascade 11. Thanks for the coments about our program and our facilites. We have alot of great supporters. Looking foward to playing Cascade should be great game. We lost four great seniors from last years team they will be missed. We have only one senior on the team this year, and only one junior. The rest sophmores and freshman. Good luck to all the teams.

Sounds like our teams stack up well from an experience standpoint. We have only one senior, two juniors, two sophmores and the rest are freshman and 8th grade. There is a ton of talent on the team, it will basically come down to how well they play together as a team. Great talent doesn't always turn out to be a great team if there is bad chemistry. From what I've seen so far watching practice everybody seems to be supporting each other and they appear to be buying into Coach Austins way of doing things. I think he's doing a good job with the girls and from what I've picked up by watching, he's a firm believer in solid defense. That happens to be the way I coach as well so I look for us to have a great year.

Shelby is a phenominal talent and as long as you guys have her on the mound, you'll do well. I look for her to play at the next level for a big program if she continues to develop. Good luck to you guys and I hope we someday have comparable facilities. Coach Austin is making that a top priority for us and I'm glad to see it.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:13 PM) 826385846[/snapback]Sounds like our teams stack up well from an experience standpoint. We have only one senior, two juniors, two sophmores and the rest are freshman and 8th grade. There is a ton of talent on the team, it will basically come down to how well they play together as a team. Great talent doesn't always turn out to be a great team if there is bad chemistry. From what I've seen so far watching practice everybody seems to be supporting each other and they appear to be buying into Coach Austins way of doing things. I think he's doing a good job with the girls and from what I've picked up by watching, he's a firm believer in solid defense. That happens to be the way I coach as well so I look for us to have a great year.

Shelby is a phenominal talent and as long as you guys have her on the mound, you'll do well. I look for her to play at the next level for a big program if she continues to develop. Good luck to you guys and I hope we someday have comparable facilities. Coach Austin is making that a top priority for us and I'm glad to see it.

Thanks for the kind words about me but I still have alot of work to do. I play for a great team with great players that I have played with ever since I started playing. I have alot of confidence in my pitching when I have them behind me. I believe we have great team chemistry because we know we all have a job to do.

P.S You know I have to pick Forrest to win the District. But Good luck to Cascade

Shelby #16

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:25 AM) 826384158[/snapback]How does everyone see this district finishing?

I think Forrest and Cascade should battle it out again this year. Obviously Forrest has to be the pick until someone else in this district proves they can play with them. They have a top notch program over there and the facilities are second to none. I love playing over there because of the beautiful field they've put a lot of hard work into. Here's how I see the district finishing this year. (Don't be offended, Forrest, have the utmost respect for you girls, but I think we've got a lot of potential this year.)

2. Forrest ( Will win district again if young potential at Cascade doesn't mature quickly)

dont know why you are not looking at eagleville they have most starters back no injuries so far and have been playing against 4a schools like La Vergne and didnt do bad. we have megan back and healthy again mostly starting at 3rd we have josie returning as picher and also new pitcher to look out for we have a lot of spend also comeing up this year so we should be stealing alot more and we have been working on hitting alot so watch our for long and short ball

QUOTE(FLYNHAWAIIN @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826403437[/snapback]dont know why you are not looking at eagleville they have most starters back no injuries so far and have been playing against 4a schools like La Vergne and didnt do bad. we have megan back and healthy again mostly starting at 3rd we have josie returning as picher and also new pitcher to look out for we have a lot of spend also comeing up this year so we should be stealing alot more and we have been working on hitting alot so watch our for long and short ball

I don't know anything about your team other than they finished 1-9 in the district last season. That is really all I have to go by. Unless you have gotten a whole lot better or picked up some very good players, there was no reason to pick you higher this season. Good Luck and I hope you have a great season.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Mar 8 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826404685[/snapback]I don't know anything about your team other than they finished 1-9 in the district last season. That is really all I have to go by. Unless you have gotten a whole lot better or picked up some very good players, there was no reason to pick you higher this season. Good Luck and I hope you have a great season.

last season they had alot of injuries this season they have been working hard and doing great they also have great leadership this season so dont count them out

LADY EAGLES 1-0

QUOTE(EHSSBALL @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826410124[/snapback]last season they had alot of injuries this season they have been working hard and doing great they also have great leadership this season so dont count them out

LADY EAGLES 1-0

Judging by your signature, I'm assuming you girls upset Forrest Tuesday. Congratulations if that is true! That will definitely send a message to the rest of the district..

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:21 AM) 826411414[/snapback]Judging by your signature, I'm assuming you girls upset Forrest Tuesday. Congratulations if that is true! That will definitely send a message to the rest of the district..

Forrest won 16-0 over Eagleville.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:25 AM) 826384158[/snapback]How does everyone see this district finishing?

I think you would have to start with Forrest at #1. Last year the won every district and district tourney game by a score of something like 133 to 7. Even with the loss of some very good seniors The girls coming up are good and disiplined players.

Go Lady Rockets!!