Sullivan South floor size

B-Ball Fan

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:00 PM) 826390644[/snapback]Listening to the Greeneville-Boone girls game and just heard the announcer mention that the floor isn't regualtion size. Seems like he said it's around 84 feet? Any idea os to the exact dimensions? Any other upper east Tennessee courts this size?

South's gym is pretty much the same size as Volunteer, Boone, Crockett, Greeneville. These all seem pretty similar.

At one time I know that Sullivan North was the only college sized floor in the area, that may have changed here recently.

QUOTE(brock20 @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:48 PM) 826390800[/snapback]South's gym is pretty much the same size as Volunteer, Boone, Crockett, Greeneville. These all seem pretty similar.

At one time I know that Sullivan North was the only college sized floor in the area, that may have changed here recently.

Dobyns-Bennett has a college-sized, 94 foot basketball court, I believe. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I know for a fact it is much larger than most of the other courts in this area. Part of the reason DB is able to wear out opponents at home with the pressing style game because that extra 10 feet each time down eventually takes its toll.

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:00 PM) 826390644[/snapback]Listening to the Greeneville-Boone girls game and just heard the announcer mention that the floor isn't regualtion size. Seems like he said it's around 84 feet? Any idea os to the exact dimensions? Any other upper east Tennessee courts this size?

According to the 2006-07 NFHS Basketball Rule Book, 84 feet is the recommended length for a high school court. It cannot be any longer than 94 feet and should not be shorter than 74 feet. If it is shorter than 74 feet, it should be divided by two lines, each 40 feet from the farther end line.

QUOTE(bigwes68 @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:05 AM) 826391173[/snapback]According to the 2006-07 NFHS Basketball Rule Book, 84 feet is the recommended length for a high school court. It cannot be any longer than 94 feet and should not be shorter than 74 feet. If it is shorter than 74 feet, it should be divided by two lines, each 40 feet from the farther end line.

What size is the court at Freedom Hall? High school or college?

I believe that Freedom Hall & Dobyns-Bennett have 94 foot courts which is the regulation for college and pro. I think that all the rest of the courts (at least AAA) are regulation courts for high school at 84 feet. Sometimes the layout of the facility affects the perception of the court size even if the playing area is the same.