Big 9 teams

QUOTE(underclassparent @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:29 PM) 826403028[/snapback]I guess if anyone of the other high schools had placed 1st this outcome might be different. THS was predicted to be about fifth in the Big 9 and because they lost five seniors last year everyone thought this would be a weaker team. As we have seen, THS came back and placed 1st in the Big 9 and 1st in the District. Both of the post players you are speaking about have commitments to play in colleges. Evidently those college coaches see something in these girls you have not. If we took the time to re-look at each player from every team, it would be hard to pick just a few 15 or so for this team. There are several young ladies with talent and some have more than others. Just like watching the refs, we might not like the call but we have to live with the outcome.

Congrats to all the girls on a season well played and honors earned.

I agree with you underclass parent, those post players sure played well against Boone and they held those post players down...I guess sometimes we dont see all the games...but it took more than one player at Tennessee High to win all those games, the guards were on the bench sometimes when the post took over...just dont understand, give them credit when credit is deserved....it is not all about scoring, but defense can win a game....I have seen both those post players score 18 and 19 a game....when the guards scored low....they worked as a team and they won conference, district and All Conference as a TEAM..... and with HEART

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(underclassparent @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:29 PM) 826403028[/snapback]I guess if anyone of the other high schools had placed 1st this outcome might be different. THS was predicted to be about fifth in the Big 9 and because they lost five seniors last year everyone thought this would be a weaker team. As we have seen, THS came back and placed 1st in the Big 9 and 1st in the District. Both of the post players you are speaking about have commitments to play in colleges. Evidently those college coaches see something in these girls you have not. There are several young ladies with talent and some have more than others.

First of all, TN High wasn't picked to be about fifth, they were picked in a tie for second with Boone. They placed first in the regular season and 1st in the district, and deservedly so. There is no doubt in my mind that they were the best team in the Big 9 this year.

Secondly, yes, they have commitments to play in college. That does not make them a better post player than the other girls. Of the two mentioned, one is a junior and the other a freshman, so no, they don't have a college scholarship yet. And yes, apparently these coaches see something in these girls. They may very well go on to have great college careers. I hope so.

QUOTE(Joe222 @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826403541[/snapback]I agree with you underclass parent, those post players sure played well against Boone and they held those post players down...I guess sometimes we dont see all the games...but it took more than one player at Tennessee High to win all those games, the guards were on the bench sometimes when the post took over...just dont understand, give them credit when credit is deserved....it is not all about scoring, but defense can win a game....I have seen both those post players score 18 and 19 a game....when the guards scored low....they worked as a team and they won conference, district and All Conference as a TEAM..... and with HEART

And Joe, I said I wouldn't argue this point with you anymore, but no, they didn't do that great against Boone. Caldwell picked up fouls from trying to slide over in front of Montgomery and Jones. As I stated on other threads, if you check the stats game by game, I think you'll find that most of the high-scoring games they had were against teams without strong post players. I never said they were terrible, but not the best posts in the conference. They did play as a team all year, and won the conference and district, and deserved every bit of it. My hat is off to them and I don't begrudge them any of it, believe me. It's not sour grapes. it's just my opinion, and it has been the same one I've had all year.

Lighten up...............................