Farragut is going to Beat Lenior City

ZORGON

I agree with soccer gypsy. there just isnt any room. there are fields behind the middle school but those are for lacrosse and they are too small anyways. so unless Farragut somehow expands their campus, even then there still probly is nowhere to build one, i dont see it happening. It doesnt help that Knox County is spending all their money on Hardin Valley High School now. do you think they will have their own soccer field? there is a ton of room out there.

Pseudo, no you shouldnt say that Fisher didnt play well just because he didnt score but to say that someone having 3 goals and 3 assists means they didnt play well doesnt make any sense. that seems to be pretty good to me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Mar 15 2007 - 03:11 PM) 826413126[/snapback]I agree with soccer gypsy. there just isnt any room. there are fields behind the middle school but those are for lacrosse and they are too small anyways. so unless Farragut somehow expands their campus, even then there still probly is nowhere to build one, i dont see it happening. It doesnt help that Knox County is spending all their money on Hardin Valley High School now. do you think they will have their own soccer field? there is a ton of room out there.

Pseudo, no you shouldnt say that Fisher didnt play well just because he didnt score but to say that someone having 3 goals and 3 assists means they didnt play well doesnt make any sense. that seems to be pretty good to me.

I agree with you on your last statement "that seems to be pretty good to me." I would say better than "pretty good". Special.....no. Not yet anyway, but the season is very early- give it time. I NEVER, NEVER said that he or the other forwards didn't play well- I said the others were nothing special. Please read it again. I have heard all the talk from this board about Farragut having 2 forwards going the "D1 schools". I am coming from watching college teams this past fall to watching high-school games, and I can promise you that the game Farragut's forwards played was nothing special. Will they get better?...of course they will, especially as all the teams get better. So don't get all worked up, don't think that I am saying someone did not play well. READ.

Let me just go on record as saying this- an 8-0 game is impressive for any team. However, when you are down 4-0 at the half, it is usually over! One team quits playing and submits. I saw 2 times in the first half where Farragut should have scored a goal, but I also saw Lenior City have a break away that was botched and an amazing shot that Adam (the keep) made a fantastic save on! I think it was in the second half but that shot would score on almost every other keeper. Could have been 6-0 at half, could have been 4-2 shortly after. Coulda, shoulda, woulda means little, but Lenior City has some talent on that team and they will get better. Farragut will also get better. If they play again, and that is a possibility, do you think it will be 8-0?

As far as the filed situation goes, someone said that Farragut has had great teams and has a strong reputation with National recognition and they deserve a better filed. I could not agree more!! They do deserve a better field and so do the players. If they want a field, they will have to do it themselves. It worked for Bearden and CAK- also Webb. As bad as it sounds and I know it takes away from the home-filed advantage, but if the schools can't have individual fileds- the City should consider a complex for all of them to play on. It is long overdue for the Knoxville area. Don't even mention Cellular fields.

QUOTE(kramitthefrog @ Mar 16 2007 - 06:04 AM) 826413864[/snapback]the field is owned by someone else and yes there is no room for a new field, nor would Farragut put out money to build a soccer field, since it is not a sanctioned sport.

What do you mean it is not a sanctioned sport?