9AAA standings, scores, etc.

eagle26

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(scoutshonor @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826444285[/snapback]i think all the scouts were there for smyrna last night. lavergnes pitching staff hasn't been very strong this year. their best pitcher is henley, with the exception of last night. then of course gray for smyrna.

henley is not the best pitcher from lavergne...not after what i saw from that hastings kid against smyrna...did you see his breaking ball??and he was throwing harder than egerton.he's gotta be their number one.i thought egerton had already signed with somebody??

hastings from lavergne was throwing hard. still not anywhere close to egerton. the coach's gun closest to me was showing hastings around 78-81 pretty consistently. i did see his breaking ball. it went wild and to the back-stop about 6 times. he kept releasing it way too early. breaking balls are nice but if you can't get it anywhere near the plate you have no chance.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ Apr 25 2007 - 05:32 AM) 826444856[/snapback]hastings from lavergne was throwing hard. still not anywhere close to egerton. the coach's gun closest to me was showing hastings around 78-81 pretty consistently. i did see his breaking ball. it went wild and to the back-stop about 6 times. he kept releasing it way too early. breaking balls are nice but if you can't get it anywhere near the plate you have no chance.

there was only a few wild breaking pitches that i saw.....he had 7 strike out in 3 1/3 innings.4 or 5 were curves that he threw in the dirt that they swung at.and the vol state scout had hastings around 86 consistently.and mtsu had him around 87-88 against cascade not to long ago.theres no way he was throwin 78-81 he only gave up two hits...smyrna was so far behind his pitches and couldnt catch up to him,especiallly when he struck out the side in the sixth.

QUOTE(yeah2chea @ Apr 25 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826445119[/snapback]there was only a few wild breaking pitches that i saw.....he had 7 strike out in 3 1/3 innings.4 or 5 were curves that he threw in the dirt that they swung at.and the vol state scout had hastings around 86 consistently.and mtsu had him around 87-88 against cascade not to long ago.theres no way he was throwin 78-81 he only gave up two hits...smyrna was so far behind his pitches and couldnt catch up to him,especiallly when he struck out the side in the sixth.

Of course he struck out the side in the 6th, He was pitching to the bottom of the line-up. They don't get many hits anyway. They either walk or strikeout. If you can throw strikes you will get them out anyway. He also struck two of those guys out in the 4th also. In the 5th inning who scored 2 runs? Did anybody score on Eggerton after the second? Who had Eggerton signed with anyway?

QUOTE(yeah2chea @ Apr 25 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826445119[/snapback]there was only a few wild breaking pitches that i saw.....he had 7 strike out in 3 1/3 innings.4 or 5 were curves that he threw in the dirt that they swung at.and the vol state scout had hastings around 86 consistently.and mtsu had him around 87-88 against cascade not to long ago.theres no way he was throwin 78-81 he only gave up two hits...smyrna was so far behind his pitches and couldnt catch up to him,especiallly when he struck out the side in the sixth.

i was pretty sure it was low 80s as well.

Of course he struck out the side in the 6th, He was pitching to the bottom of the line-up. They don't get many hits anyway. They either walk or strikeout. If you can throw strikes you will get them out anyway. He also struck two of those guys out in the 4th also. In the 5th inning who scored 2 runs? Did anybody score on Eggerton after the second? Who had Eggerton signed with anyway?

[/quot

he came in to pitch in the second after smtrna had already scored 7 runs...egerton hit a chopper to third that bounced over the third basemens head..it was a changeup...and vol state scout clocked him at 90...not consistently but it was up there a few times