MCKENZIE REBEL BASEBALL

Butchie

QUOTE(Butchie @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:01 PM) 826417870[/snapback]/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Well as expected Mckenzie trounced Big Sandy tonite. I won't give a score just doesn't seem right to do so. Bugs faced 15 batters with 2 walks and one hit and 12 strike outs. And another homer by Derrick Carr that makes 2 games in arow with a homer. Tyler Reeder hit a double. And I don't know how Drew Brown can throw a strike to second base to nail a runner and Carr catch it lay glove on ground in front of the base and wait on the slide for what seemed a 3 count and the runner was ruled safe. Go figure? One of the best snap throws on a stealer I've had the pleasure of seeing Brown throw. But, the umps were kinda of retired looking. Maybe why Bugs had so many K's? The Rebels really hit the ball well and had fun getting thier first District win. They face Big Sandy tomorrow at home with Clint Kee on the hill for the Rebels. Come out to the park, Hope to see ya there. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thats good to hear. It don't matter who the umps are, 12 strikeouts is great especially not being a 7 inning game. I heard about the throw to second thats funny ha. Glad to see them stroking the ball and hope it continues.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Baddogg11 @ Mar 19 2007 - 06:28 PM) 826417894[/snapback]Thats good to hear. It don't matter who the umps are, 12 strikeouts is great especially not being a 7 inning game. I heard about the throw to second thats funny ha. Glad to see them stroking the ball and hope it continues.

Well aonther productive outing for the Rebels with Clint Kee on the hill giving up only one run to the guys from Big Sandy. This improves the Rebel Record to 2 and 2. Thursday brings Greenfield to town with Parker Jones on the Hill. Come out and support the Rebels and I will see ya there.

QUOTE(pitching scout @ Mar 21 2007 - 06:13 AM) 826419129[/snapback]The game I saw was 1 unearned run. It wasn't on Clint Kee. The defense made a few errors. The Rebels have got to be more aggressive on the infield or that is going to kill them in a tight game. You have to be really aggressive and charge the ball if you are going to play that deep at shortstop and second. All in all though they played very well. Just have to tighten up their game when facing a more talented opponent. The Dresden game would have been a different game if you take away 3 errors and one bad pitch. Let's go Rebels ! It's time to start getting it together and let's cut down on those costly mistakes. REBELS ALL THE WAY !

Completely agree. If you don't make pitching mistakes and make the routine plays in the field, could be down at the big show again this year.

QUOTE(Baddogg11 @ Mar 21 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826419522[/snapback]Completely agree. If you don't make pitching mistakes and make the routine plays in the field, could be down at the big show again this year.

I guess I was disgusted at what seemed the lack of hussle on the infield which I have seen before. I apologize for tagging that run to Clint. Awesome effort and a gallant effort for your infield not to hussle for ya. And they do need to charge the ball playing that deep. I'll be glad when we play tougher teams. It felt like we was trying to help the other team out instead of putting it to em. And we can't expect em all to be so easy. Tighten up guys it's lexington next week.

QUOTE(Butchie @ Mar 21 2007 - 04:32 PM) 826419652[/snapback]I guess I was disgusted at what seemed the lack of hussle on the infield which I have seen before. I apologize for tagging that run to Clint. Awesome effort and a gallant effort for your infield not to hussle for ya. And they do need to charge the ball playing that deep. I'll be glad when we play tougher teams. It felt like we was trying to help the other team out instead of putting it to em. And we can't expect em all to be so easy. Tighten up guys it's lexington next week.

Well. what do you say the bats were cold for the Rebels who dropped one to Greenfield in a 2 to nothing loss. Parker Jones was the pitcher who pitched well enough to win the game keeping them off balance most of the game. It was a good win for them and a tough loss for the Rebels. Tomorrow brings Scotts Hill to town with Tyler Holt on the hill for the Rebels. See ya at the game.

QUOTE(Butchie @ Mar 22 2007 - 06:58 PM) 826420592[/snapback]Well. what do you say the bats were cold for the Rebels who dropped one to Greenfield in a 2 to nothing loss. Parker Jones was the pitcher who pitched well enough to win the game keeping them off balance most of the game. It was a good win for them and a tough loss for the Rebels. Tomorrow brings Scotts Hill to town with Tyler Holt on the hill for the Rebels. See ya at the game.

Tyler Holt was on the hill tonite for the JV game against Scotts Hill. Nick Chappell had the duty for the varsity team. He came away with a shut-out victory as the Rebels bats came to life. They belted in 17 runs. Monday finds the Rebels at the Big Red classic with two games first game against TCA and the second pits the Rebels and Lexington. Should be fun to watch see ya at the games.

Heard Glen Smith (BUGS) was throwing the ball well tonight at Lexington. Topped out at 84mph on a JUGS gun. Update came in in the 5th. Was still throwing at 84mph. Errors killed the Rebels. Need the defense to win. Can't do it by yourself. Report said that Bugs had alot of control and looked good with his mech. Was more impressed with his bats. Good looking prospect.

Need to decide to be a pitcher or position player. Pretty good report.

Pardon my late comment on last night's ballgames. It was a night I and other Rebels fans would like to forget. We had another night of no offense against lil ole TCA, losing that ballgame. Maybe we will figure out how to play as a team and be more patient at the plate as well.

In the second game Mckenzie faced the Big Red Machine of Lexington, And I want to start this topic off with some news. I kicked Logan Poore off the Vice president ticket and moved Bugs down to Vice. And Kiser from Lexington will be my new selection for President. Oh My God what a performance. He did it hitting, stealing, sliding catches in the outfield. Ran down a would be double by Bugs and stole it out of the air. Man can u play ball.

Now with that said, Mckenzie did well against 2a Lexington in a game I feel could have been won. ERRORS counted for 4 runs by Lexington and eventually decided the ballgame. Now 7 to 5 aint bad but when u give someone free points it will kill ya. Now Lexington is a talented ballclub and glad of the win and last night was the better team.

Mckenzie you guys have got to get it together now. We can't keep saying it's early we'll get better. The time is now and time waits for no one.

Now Thursday, We will be getting ready for another predicted butt-whippin from Jackson Southside. But let's concentrate and pull this thing together. It's bad when u have the talent to win games your giving away.

Dang you had to say something about the lil kid. Man you could have left that alone lol. But pitching, Our pitching aint our weak spot as you have eluded too. Our pitching has been great. But our hitting and the fundamental errors have been a dagger to us. We have what it takes to be a better than average ball club, and make it deep into the playoffs.. But I'm with you, I aint jumping ship. We in this thang together. They'll turn it around or the coach will string em up. lol.

QUOTE(pitching scout @ Mar 27 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826424406[/snapback]I meant nothing disrespectful of the lefty (who did look young). He did beat us. Hats off to him and the whole TCA team. He may reach 95 mph some day, who knows? My point really was we need to be more patient at the plate. If your reading this kid, Good job.

I think I heard someone at the game say he is a eigth grader. Great job what ever his age is.

QUOTE(pitching scout @ Mar 31 2007 - 05:41 AM) 826427017[/snapback]Is it something I said Butchie ?

Nah man ur kewl. I'm just unbelievably at a loss for words on the play of our Rebels. Now none of us said we would win every game. People reading this don't realize the talent we have. I've went out on a limb braggin about it. Not lying just boasting of the players and thier ability. And I still feel the same. We have too much talent to be playing the way we are. It's almost as if we are trying to hard, If that's a proper way to describe it. It seems the harder they push themselves the farther they are away from it. I do keep telling myself we will get past this, that this is just a phase, but the season is slipping by. But, I'm a Fan til the end. Here's hoping for some error free ball in the Rebel Schedule to come. And Scout keep posting we need all the help we can get. I love baseball and if I had an answer to this problem I'd share it as well. But, let's go Rebels the time is now.