Predictions for Div II Middle Region for 08

fiftyfifty

QUOTE(stbulldog @ Mar 19 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826417644[/snapback]I will throw these predictions out and see what people think.

1. Ensworth

2. Harpeth Hall

3. BGA

4. JPII

5. Davidson Academy

6. Father Ryan

7. University School

8. St Cecilia

You left out Brentwood Academy, and I believe that Davidson Academy and University School are playing in the DII small division next year. I would list the teams as follows:

Ensworth

Harpeth Hall

Brentwood Academy

JPII

Father Ryan

BGA

St. Cecilia

QUOTE(stbulldog @ Mar 19 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826417644[/snapback]I will throw these predictions out and see what people think.

1. Ensworth

2. Harpeth Hall

3. BGA

4. JPII

5. Davidson Academy

6. Father Ryan

7. University School

8. St Cecilia

Baylor, Webb, King's Academy and GPS are in a divided middle region next year. Obviously, whomever is in with Webb will be a runner up.

QUOTE(vandyfan67 @ Mar 19 2007 - 03:33 PM) 826417730[/snapback]You left out Brentwood Academy, and I believe that Davidson Academy and University School are playing in the DII small division next year. I would list the teams as follows:

Ensworth

Harpeth Hall

Brentwood Academy

JPII

Father Ryan

BGA

St. Cecilia

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting a team. If Davidson Academy goes small division, they will be very strong. This would be a good move for them and University School. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Davidson was small school in football with 3 divisions so it stands to reason that they'd be small school when all sports go to 2 divisions...makes sense to me. I apologize but I don't have a clue who University School is or where it is. Can someone enlighten me?

Also, who would be the other small schools for next year in central and east Tennessee? I know who the west is.

From football, I recall David Brainerd and St. Andrew's Suwanee were small with us to go with the 2 noted above. Who else? Girls only and Boys only schools both if you know them? Thanks.

Edited to add: I found this list of schools on the TSSAA web site. I understand Harding will be playing small DII the next two years so I'm guessing all the other schools beneath either can or will be playing small? Forget the University School question...assuming that's number 19 below?

1 * Lighthouse Christian Academy FB 70 44 44 1 -37.1%

2 * Elliston Baptist Academy FB 53 63 63 1 18.9%

3 * College Heights 55 73 73 1 32.7%

4 * David Brainerd Christian School FB 72 88 88 1 22.2%

5 * Memphis Catholic High School FB 159 135 135 1 -15.1%

6 * King's Academy FB 109 140 140 1 28.4%

7 * Tipton-Rosemark Academy FB 132 160 160 1 21.2%

8 * Webb of Bell Buckle 193 175 175 1 -9.3%

9 * Bishop Byrne High School FB 189 186 186 1 -1.6%

10 * St. Andrew's - Sewanee School FB 198 194 194 1 -2.0%

11 * Lausanne Collegiate School 202 206 206 1 2.0%

12 * St. George's High School FB 116 212 212 1 82.8%

13 * First Assembly Christian School FB 176 224 224 1 27.3%

14 * Rossville Christian Academy FB 125 225 New School, Will participate in 2007-2008 in Football

15 * Southern Baptist Educational Center FB 253 280 280 1 10.7%

16 * Davidson Academy FB 289 281 281 1 -2.8%

17 * Immaculate Conception High School 318 162 324 2 1.9% Enrollment Doubled

18 * Battle Ground Academy FB 344 356 356 1 3.5%

19 * University School of Nashville 345 361 361 1 4.6%

20 * Ensworth FB 304 370 370 1 21.7% Will participate in football playoffs beginning 2007

21 * Harding Academy

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(Trojan Fan @ Apr 2 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826428124[/snapback]Bump. Still interested to know about who will be small school next year. Also, knowing that Harding is playing small next year, would that mean Ensworth is, too, since their enrollment is slightly smaller than Harding's?

This is only a guess, but I am thinking that if you have a choice, Ensworth will be in the large division with their reasons becoming very clear over the next few years. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(stbulldog @ Apr 2 2007 - 01:07 PM) 826428266[/snapback]This is only a guess, but I am thinking that if you have a choice, Ensworth will be in the large division with their reasons becoming very clear over the next few years. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I know some Harding folks are uncomfortable with playing in the small division with their basketball typically pretty competitive at the higher level and volleyball ultra competitive and think that it will only last for 2 years. I think football is what got to them b/c they were in the middle division in football and may be worried about playing up....but seems like they had the choice if I heard right.

QUOTE(Trojan Fan @ Apr 2 2007 - 04:21 PM) 826428383[/snapback]I know some Harding folks are uncomfortable with playing in the small division with their basketball typically pretty competitive at the higher level and volleyball ultra competitive and think that it will only last for 2 years. I think football is what got to them b/c they were in the middle division in football and may be worried about playing up....but seems like they had the choice if I heard right.

Ensworth will be playing up in all sports.I looked at there schedule for next year on tssaa in football. girls basketball team will be small but are very quick. if they play up-tempo they will be hard for most teams around here to beat