Smyrna vs. Mt. Juliet

Live4FridayNite615

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the pitching matchup will be awesome. That means it comes down to hitting. I think small ball will have something to do with the outcome. I haven't seen MJ yet this year so I don't know who their hitters are but I am fairly sure they don't have anybody with power like Gray and Egerton. I saw Egerton tie a game on a blast with 2 outs in the 7th the other night. And I read a post where he's hit 6 out since last Thursday night...if that's accurate it is pretty impressive and means he may be in a groove. He is the only D1 position player prospect in this game and very well could be the difference since both pitchers are filthy. I think it is going to be a 1-0 or 2-1 kind of a game and either team can win. Can't wait.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ Apr 2 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826428116[/snapback]I agree the pitching matchup will be awesome. That means it comes down to hitting. I think small ball will have something to do with the outcome. I haven't seen MJ yet this year so I don't know who their hitters are but I am fairly sure they don't have anybody with power like Gray and Egerton. I saw Egerton tie a game on a blast with 2 outs in the 7th the other night. And I read a post where he's hit 6 out since last Thursday night...if that's accurate it is pretty impressive and means he may be in a groove. He is the only D1 position player prospect in this game and very well could be the difference since both pitchers are filthy. I think it is going to be a 1-0 or 2-1 kind of a game and either team can win. Can't wait.

Egerton hit his 7th last night.. In the tourney in Savanna, TN Smyrna was down 2 in the top of the 7th when he came up and hit a grand slam to put them up by two.. this kid is the real deal and is in a groove right now...

Can't wait!!!!!

Hope is not too cold for the pitchers, feels great to me. This is going to be a great atmosphere for baseball ... come on over to Smyrna. food is great, fans are the best! Hope the "DOG POUND" is out in full force tonite! We will keep the coffee hot!

Game time 7pm

BTW ... JV plays before that and they are both fun teams to watch ... come early and get a good seat.