Help the Yanker

the prophet

Would someone try to explain to the YANKER that if a team throws an interception that is returned for a touchdown, that is a good defensive play and anything but an effective passing game. Here is one of his quotes.

"As the YANKER recalls, we came ROARING back late in the game as you showed no clue as to how to stop the passing game. If not for an interception return for a TD...JCM wins late or comes real close."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(the prophet @ Apr 19 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826441113[/snapback]Would someone try to explain to the YANKER that if a team throws an interception that is returned for a touchdown, that is a good defensive play and anything but an effective passing game. Here is one of his quotes.

"As the YANKER recalls, we came ROARING back late in the game as you showed no clue as to how to stop the passing game. If not for an interception return for a TD...JCM wins late or comes real close."

The YANKER stands by that statement...your pass defense was porous at best at a time in the game when ALL in attendance knew we had to pass to get back in the game. Well, we did just that. We got back into a game that was on the verge on being a blow-out...doing what everyone knew we had to do...throw the ball. If not for a tipped pass interception return for a TD that fell right into the DB's hands, and your DB's were probably all beaten again on that play, JCM is in position to win. Keep playing that good pass defense and you will not win many games...especially if you are proud of that performance. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Yanker @ Apr 19 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826441186[/snapback]The YANKER stands by that statement...your pass defense was porous at best at a time in the game when ALL in attendance knew we had to pass to get back in the game. Well, we did just that. We got back into a game that was on the verge on being a blow-out...doing what everyone knew we had to do...throw the ball. If not for a tipped pass interception return for a TD that fell right into the DB's hands, and your DB's were probably all beaten again on that play, JCM is in position to win. Keep playing that good pass defense and you will not win many games...especially if you are proud of that performance. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a help the Yanker topic, please refrain from back sliding

QUOTE(the prophet @ Apr 19 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826441113[/snapback]Would someone try to explain to the YANKER that if a team throws an interception that is returned for a touchdown, that is a good defensive play and anything but an effective passing game. Here is one of his quotes.

Why try? Is it possible for someone that calls himself THE YANKER all day long to understand what you're trying to get accross? Good luck.

QUOTE(tnsparty @ Apr 19 2007 - 04:55 PM) 826441293[/snapback]Why try? Is it possible for someone that calls himself THE YANKER all day long to understand what you're trying to get accross? Good luck.

This YANKER is happy to discuss football with you anytime you would like to. I simply hope that you know some football and you are not another, in a long list of pretenders!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 20 2007 - 09:02 AM) 826441711[/snapback]EXACTLY CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you another in a long list of pretenders who talk the talk but cannot walk the walk. I have asked you to talk football on other occasions but you just want to preach and be cute. Let's talk football...name a topic...ask a question...don't be just another pretender!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Yanker @ Apr 20 2007 - 09:40 AM) 826441741[/snapback]Are you another in a long list of pretenders who talk the talk but cannot walk the walk. I have asked you to talk football on other occasions but you just want to preach and be cute. Let's talk football...name a topic...ask a question...don't be just another pretender!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!

Nope you are a useless cause, would not lower myself.

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 20 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826441747[/snapback]Nope you are a useless cause, would not lower myself.

That is a typical response from someone who does not know the game but likes to frequent several threads. I expected such from you but hoped for more. Do not allow my sense of humor and playful ways to fool you. I can and will talk football with all who care to do so...but you have to know something about it to engage me in such talk. It is unfortunate that you know so little that you feel the need to talk down to someone who knows so much more than you. I repeat...let's talk football!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 20 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826441755[/snapback]Ok Ill give it a try. What coverage in your vast wisdom would you play against a 4 and 5 wide spread team and defend your choices. Personell can't be a factor. Your systems must cover singles, doubles, trips and quad situations. Answer this with some intellegenceand I might give you some props.

The YANKER feels that it is best to try to utilize coverage that is within your system rather than come up with a "hybrid" coverage that may be best but one in which you are unaccustomed. A cover 3 with a pair of strong safeties is not bad but you must beware of several vertical routes that stretch the defense dangerously. Cover 2 with man underneath is perhaps a better option if you are comfortable playing cover 2 at all. Pass defense has become more complex since the YANKER played high school football but I have some friends in the coaching ranks and I am also a good listener when things are analyzed on TV. I AM THE YANKER!!!!! The YANKER has one for you...given a team that has unlimited talent and the ability to run ANY offense that is in existence...what would you run and WHY??? I AM STILL THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!