McKenzie at Humboldt

red_16

Humboldt comes in as District 14A champs, beating Halls twice on the final day to do it...They have a very deep pitching staff and three pitchers that could be the No. 1 on a lot of 1A teams...2 of those 3 own 9-0 records...Humboldt doesn't have a big time hitting lineup, but they put the ball in play and they have a LOT of speed...The bats do seem to be heating up a bit but it's definitely their pitching and defense that's got them to this point...I don't know much about McKenzie other than they are well-coached...I'm sure someone can give info. on them but how about some predictions on this first round region matchup?

QUOTE(red_16 @ May 12 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826457992[/snapback]Humboldt comes in as District 14A champs, beating Halls twice on the final day to do it...They have a very deep pitching staff and three pitchers that could be the No. 1 on a lot of 1A teams...2 of those 3 own 9-0 records...Humboldt doesn't have a big time hitting lineup, but they put the ball in play and they have a LOT of speed...The bats do seem to be heating up a bit but it's definitely their pitching and defense that's got them to this point...I don't know much about McKenzie other than they are well-coached...I'm sure someone can give info. on them but how about some predictions on this first round region matchup?

Well coached??? Ive been to more than 75 percent of their games since he has been the coach. Trust me, they won the state last year on talent. Coaching had nothing to do with it. His "coaching" has them where they are right now, only a 500 team playing a fairly weak schedule. They have alot of talent but very little experience coming into this year, that was where the coach was supposed to come in. The coach needs to turn his mute button off. Ok off that subject. McKenzie has some pretty good pitching, their hitting comes and goes, and their defense is poor most of the time. But i will have to tell you that their are alot of talented ball players on this team and if they come to play, they can beat anybody.

Mckenzie is good enough to beat anybody on a given day. Humboldt may be in trouble or witness to a Mckenzie meltdown. I tend to agree with Baddog11. At times we seem invincible and others we turn around and watch the games behind us. Should be a good test for us. And for Humboldt as well. Congrats on taking it from Halls. I hope Mckenzie shows up to play.

Pitching is solid, hitting is strong, defense is the big surprise, either were great or sorry as sh_t. Good luck to both teams and let's get it on. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(red_16 @ May 12 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826457992[/snapback]Humboldt comes in as District 14A champs, beating Halls twice on the final day to do it...They have a very deep pitching staff and three pitchers that could be the No. 1 on a lot of 1A teams...2 of those 3 own 9-0 records...Humboldt doesn't have a big time hitting lineup, but they put the ball in play and they have a LOT of speed...The bats do seem to be heating up a bit but it's definitely their pitching and defense that's got them to this point...I don't know much about McKenzie other than they are well-coached...I'm sure someone can give info. on them but how about some predictions on this first round region matchup?

Mckenzie WINS!!