Seymour @ Gibbs

ElvisUGA24

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone who was there to see the first 3 games knows this one will be a 7 inning battle. I am just glad this game only means home field advantage for friday instead of win or go home. Both of these teams respect one another a ton and I am sure they both want to see eachother go to Murfreesboro. Good luck to both teams, hopefully it wont be the last time they meet.

QUOTE(ElvisUGA24 @ May 16 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826460681[/snapback]Seymour wins 13-11. Pretty good game overall.

Another good one between these 2 teams. I think with both winning 2 against eachother in the year is about right. Thses teams are very close and I think both deserve to be down in the boro next week. Good luck to both.

QUOTE(sportsfreak2307 @ May 17 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826461056[/snapback]what happened at the end of the game i was trying to get to where i could see after Ray Burchell got the 3 run double and next thing you know the game was over. Also, this game might have been one of the worst officiated games in a while.

Seymour third baseman forgot their was a runner on second and started creeping towards the pitchers mound and left third base unoccupied. Then Ray Burchell tried to take third base and Seymours third baseman got back in time to put the tage on Ray.

QUOTE(sportsfreak2307 @ May 17 2007 - 11:17 AM) 826461056[/snapback]what happened at the end of the game i was trying to get to where i could see after Ray Burchell got the 3 run double and next thing you know the game was over. Also, this game might have been one of the worst officiated games in a while.

From my vantage it was hard to tell also and I'll agree that the officiating was bad. But it wasn't an elimination game and Seymour did outhit Gibbs. The four games these team played against each other was some of the best competition I've seen in awhile. Good luck to both teams Friday and hope to watch both in the boro next week.

QUOTE(showvol @ May 17 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826461081[/snapback]From my vantage it was hard to tell also and I'll agree that the officiating was bad. But it wasn't an elimination game and Seymour did outhit Gibbs. The four games these team played against each other was some of the best competition I've seen in awhile. Good luck to both teams Friday and hope to watch both in the boro next week.

I'll have to agree. For a region championship game, these umpires were clueless. The last inning Gibbs strikezone got huge when Seymour was hitting th en it tightened right back up . These umps were inconsistent for both teams. The thing that killed me the most, and I am sure gibbs pitchers also, is how everytime there was a foul ball the umpire just rolled the ball to you back through all that wet grass since it had rained all day. Give it to the catcher or something, come on.

QUOTE(dirtyd2 @ May 17 2007 - 11:57 AM) 826461085[/snapback]I'll have to agree. For a region championship game, these umpires were clueless. The last inning Gibbs strikezone got huge when Seymour was hitting th en it tightened right back up . These umps were inconsistent for both teams. The thing that killed me the most, and I am sure gibbs pitchers also, is how everytime there was a foul ball the umpire just rolled the ball to you back through all that wet grass since it had rained all day. Give it to the catcher or something, come on.

Fortunately Gibbs had the tarp on the infield until about 3:30 so the infield was dry. All the umpires could have called the game from lawnchairs because they didn't move until they had to. Not to mention the curve balls that were called strikes before they hit the mitt and belt high fastballs being ignored. Really makes it tough on all the pitchers to hit a constantly moving strike zone.