14U Championship: Memphis Stallions vs Tennessee Bucks

Last night was a great championship game played at the Salvation Army court between Memphis Stallions and Tennessee Bucks based out of Bolivar. The Bucks played last year as the Bolivar Tigers(they won the Division II State last year) but have picked up several players this year. The Bucks led for most of the game with O'Neal Woods hitting several NBA range 3 pointers in the game. The Stallions had their work cut out for them but pulled it out in the end 82-80. Saw lots of talent on the floor for both teams and the intensity level was unbelievable. The Bucks try to defend their state championship in a couple of weeks.

QUOTE(voldar @ May 21 2007 - 02:43 PM) 826464087[/snapback]Last night was a great championship game played at the Salvation Army court between Memphis Stallions and Tennessee Bucks based out of Bolivar. The Bucks played last year as the Bolivar Tigers(they won the Division II State last year) but have picked up several players this year. The Bucks led for most of the game with O'Neal Woods hitting several NBA range 3 pointers in the game. The Stallions had their work cut out for them but pulled it out in the end 82-80. Saw lots of talent on the floor for both teams and the intensity level was unbelievable. The Bucks try to defend their state championship in a couple of weeks.

I thought the Bucks were playing in the warrior rumble yesterday. They lost to a team out of Alabama. I saw the bucks earlier in the year and they did not have the big kid that they had last year. Does he still play for them? What tournament were they in against the Stallions?

QUOTE(BigD25 @ May 21 2007 - 03:27 PM) 826464108[/snapback]I thought the Bucks were playing in the warrior rumble yesterday. They lost to a team out of Alabama. I saw the bucks earlier in the year and they did not have the big kid that they had last year. Does he still play for them? What tournament were they in against the Stallions?

I don't know what the name of the tournament was but the Tennessee Bucks did play great. The kid you are talking about is Demetrics Whitehorne. He did not play in a couple of tournaments earlier in the year because of a sprained ankle but he played tremendous last night against the Stallions. He probably had 25 plus points. The Bucks have a couple other kids step up big time for them and they were able to win or finish second in a couple of tournaments without Whitehorne. I believe they should be favored at the Division II state but one of their main subs, the Yolk, from Lexington will be in New York during the state tournament.

QUOTE(voldar @ May 21 2007 - 04:23 PM) 826464149[/snapback]I don't know what the name of the tournament was but the Tennessee Bucks did play great. The kid you are talking about is Demetrics Whitehorne. He did not play in a couple of tournaments earlier in the year because of a sprained ankle but he played tremendous last night against the Stallions. He probably had 25 plus points. The Bucks have a couple other kids step up big time for them and they were able to win or finish second in a couple of tournaments without Whitehorne. I believe they should be favored at the Division II state but one of their main subs, the Yolk, from Lexington will be in New York during the state tournament.

The Whithorne kid is a super ball player. they seem to play good together. Who else is playing in the state? Maybe they have 2 teams because they were definately at the warrior rumble in murfreesboro this weekend.