Bartlett and South Doyle Championship game

1moreDBmom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Pantherbert @ May 26 2007 - 04:15 PM) 826467583[/snapback]While I agree that the homeplate umpire was inconsistant with his strike zone ( especially on the corners) it wasn't so one-sided.....

I listened to the game on the Bartlett Radio station with Bartlett Announcers.... If I heard them say "wow, I wonder where that one missed" once, I heard it 50 times. And it was just as even for both teams from what I was hearing them say on the radio... in the bottom of the innings (South Doyle batting) they would say "where in the world did the corners go?" " That was a strike just last inning but I guess it has changed for this inning." Then in the top of the next inning (Bartlett hitting) " the announcer would say "strike on the outside....well, it has been a strike all night folks...it must have missed a little low this time." Then the very next pitch..."Same place as the last one folks but this time it's a strike again."

So just going on what the announcers were saying over the air, it was not your imagination but it was indeed a moving strike zone. But it did appear to be even for both teams.

That goes back to how an inconsistent umpire frustrates the hitters and pitchers and the radio announcers...it may all come out even when you count the calls missed for both sides...but somewhere during the game it starts to frustrate players, and how do you know which side will get frustrated first and start swinging at everything because they have no idea what the umpire is going to call...

Atlanta lost a player and Bobby Cox just yesterday over an umpire that according to the TV announcers has been inconsistent for several games now when he is behind the plate... Those announcers stated that you know something is wrong when you got both pitchers and batters from both teams jawing by mid-game over your strike zone.

Consistency

Consistency

CONSISTENCY

Please get consistent back there blue...we don't mind if you think a low ball is a strike and we think it is a ball...what kills us all is when it is a strike one pitch and a ball the next.....

Ok...I know this was the wrong thread...we are ripping umpires in another thread alltogether...so I will put my soap box up.

Both teams played remarkable games... Bartlett may have been up 11-1 but in a blink of an eye South Doyle was back in the game with the score 11-6. That is a close game regardless of what the final score was.

Both teams had a magnificent season in 2007. Congratulations to everyone envolved and supporting them this year! Thank you for a fantastic 2007 AAA Championship game.

QUOTE(seymourbsbll19 @ May 26 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826467768[/snapback]Haha, not to kill the high the old Kees have from Murfreesboro, but it just didnt happen for them this year. Nor the parents or the team ever expected to get beat twice down there...one being the Championship game that a few of the Dads on the team have been dreaming of since their sons were 11. I know the majority of the team and there is a few I woulda like to seen get that ring, but for the others...i hate it for ya. haha. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And by the way, SD will never have a chance to get back to state, they have nothing coming back. Time to hit up Bower Field for some recruits Roberto Howard.

thats not true We will have Matt Kirkland, Josh Woodward, Wes House, and Taylor Owens on the mound

QUOTE(baseballfan41207 @ May 26 2007 - 09:38 PM) 826467852[/snapback]What Bartlett did was go out on the field with determination. This Team was so fired up... They didn't go out to give any "old fashion" anything. They went out to become State Champions and they did just what they said they were going do every since Farragut gave Bartlett a "good old fashion thumping" (if that is what you want to call it) in the championship game last year.

The Panthers played hard to get where they are. They play ball hard and they play with a lot of class. They win with class and they loose with class.

Maybe the fans and/or parents need to win or lose with class. South Doyle played very good baseball, infortunately their hits did not produce the runs that Bartletts hits did. Bartlett only had 3 more hits that South Doyle. South Doyle has accomplished a lot this year. It is rare that a team makes it to the State tournament and wins it their first year there. Better luck next year South Doyle and hopefully you will get a rematch.

"can't we all just get alone"

QUOTE(bsball4 @ May 26 2007 - 11:51 AM) 826467537[/snapback]i dono who told you Bartlett couldnt hit SD pitching, but SD had a lot of respect for Bartlett going in and knew they had some big time hitters. and Diadora...SD didnt quit...they fought until the end. Shame on you for such a statement. If SD quit then why were people diving for balls in the 7th inning? Y did Chad bell re-enter to hit? cause SD was still playing the game. I dont think the umps were much of a factor in an 11 run game. Hats of to Bartlett...and thanks to a classy Coach Clark for stopping the unnecessary over-rated chant. Both teams were very good, Bartlett just happened to be better last night. And who knows they might have been better if 10 more games were played, but both teams were in the championship so i dont think either one was over-rated.

"WELL SPOKEN BSBALL4"

QUOTE(WTRSD63 @ May 27 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826468015[/snapback]thats not true We will have Matt Kirkland, Josh Woodward, Wes House, and Taylor Owens on the mound

Kirkland is the only one that has proven he can pitch and come out with a win. And for the other ones....never heard of em! Maybe thats bc their parents...well I wont go that far, but u know u wont even be close to gettin where u were this year.

QUOTE(seymourbsbll19 @ May 28 2007 - 04:54 PM) 826468488[/snapback]Kirkland is the only one that has proven he can pitch and come out with a win. And for the other ones....never heard of em! Maybe thats bc their parents...well I wont go that far, but u know u wont even be close to gettin where u were this year.

C.C. I thought you went away to College. What happened you decided to quit and follw South-Doyle baseball and try to figure out how to trash us? In your 4 years you got ripped every time so try spending your time with your moma like you were at the Spring Fling. You got tired of watching the mighty eagles get beat so you and your your mom had to come watch the Kees beat Symrna. You need to grow up and get a life.