Region2 4A

canefan72

East: Had alot of talent return after a 9-4 season.

West: Lost alot of starters from 06'

Boone: A Young team last season.

Volunteer: Brings alot back.

GV: New coach could really help.

Cherokee: Not sure but I think they lost alot.

Crockett: Still improving

Cocke Co.: I have not heard.

Does anyone care to elaborate on any of these teams?

East: Had alot of talent return after a 9-4 season.

West: Lost alot of starters from 06'

Boone: A Young team last season.

Volunteer: Brings alot back.

GV: New coach could really help.

Cherokee: Not sure but I think they lost alot.

Crockett: Still improving

Cocke Co.: I have not heard.

Does anyone care to elaborate on any of these teams?

Crockett will be improved, lost several skill people, but also graduated some cancers from the team. Coach Green has done a good job, and the Pioneers should be better.

Boone lost their quarterback to Science Hill, and several starters.

Greeneville will be better.

West will have 150 players and be reloaded.

East will finish second.

Cherokee will be decent.

Volunteer will probably make the playoffs.

I don't know about Newport.

West and East at the top. Too much athleticsm, speed and numbers for anyone else to contend with.

Volunteer and Cherokee in the 3-4 spots. Volunteer is a team on the rise, as evidenced by their late-season run last year. They are really experienced with a lot of seniors. Cherokee may get the 4th spot via default. They lost some team speed I know, but Sivert always has a semi-competitive squad.

Greeneville, Boone, Cocke County and Crockett in the remaining four positions.

Greeneville has a new coach...but coaches make calls, players make plays and plays win ballgames. I'm sure McCurry will bring some good to their program as his resume is extensive, but not sure if he'll have an immediate impact in 2007.

Boone loses their QB to Science Hill - but not sure how much that will affect them as they rarely threw the ball. They'll depend again on a run game and a decent defense, but it likely will not be enough to sneak into the playoffs.

Cocke County will need to score in droves to win games in 2007. Their defense has little in terms of team speed, experience and depth. The offense however only loses 2 starters from late in the year last season (2 OL)

Crockett looked improved last year and some kids who werent on the team the year before really helped them out. Perhaps the best turnaround from 2005 to 2006. Will be interesting to see what talent they have this season.

• 4 weeks later...

West and East at the top. Too much athleticsm, speed and numbers for anyone else to contend with.

Volunteer and Cherokee in the 3-4 spots. Volunteer is a team on the rise, as evidenced by their late-season run last year. They are really experienced with a lot of seniors. Cherokee may get the 4th spot via default. They lost some team speed I know, but Sivert always has a semi-competitive squad.

Greeneville, Boone, Cocke County and Crockett in the remaining four positions.

Greeneville has a new coach...but coaches make calls, players make plays and plays win ballgames. I'm sure McCurry will bring some good to their program as his resume is extensive, but not sure if he'll have an immediate impact in 2007.

Boone loses their QB to Science Hill - but not sure how much that will affect them as they rarely threw the ball. They'll depend again on a run game and a decent defense, but it likely will not be enough to sneak into the playoffs.

Cocke County will need to score in droves to win games in 2007. Their defense has little in terms of team speed, experience and depth. The offense however only loses 2 starters from late in the year last season (2 OL)

Crockett looked improved last year and some kids who werent on the team the year before really helped them out. Perhaps the best turnaround from 2005 to 2006. Will be interesting to see what talent they have this season.

Are you crazy Greeneville in the last 4 spots. We made coaches old team look stupid when we went up there. You might want to know your facts before you start running your mouth. You know nothing of how we play. If you really want to be able to say something why dont you come up to Burley and watch us against science hill in 7 on 7. Its the 24 of july at seven. Then maybe you can run your mouth about us.

Are you crazy Greeneville in the last 4 spots. We made coaches old team look stupid when we went up there. You might want to know your facts before you start running your mouth. You know nothing of how we play. If you really want to be able to say something why dont you come up to Burley and watch us against science hill in 7 on 7. Its the 24 of july at seven. Then maybe you can run your mouth about us.

He did not run his mouth, the only one running his mouth is you. Good luck this season and good luck with that attitude in life. He is basing his prediction on what GV has done and last time I checked, records are FACTS.

He did not run his mouth, the only one running his mouth is you. Good luck this season and good luck with that attitude in life. He is basing his prediction on what GV has done and last time I checked, records are FACTS.

Seriously who are you? And do you even play? Yes we have had bad records in the past but it wont be like that anymore. We got a surprise for every team in the conference. And those were the old facts you might want to be ready for the new ones.

Seriously who are you? And do you even play? Yes we have had bad records in the past but it wont be like that anymore. We got a surprise for every team in the conference. And those were the old facts you might want to be ready for the new ones.

I am an adult and I did play and I did coach. My comment was that when someone gives an opinion, they are entitled to do so. When GV is picked not to finish well it is based upon previous seasons due to the fact that is what people know about the program. I actually think GV will make the playoffs this year and really give people some trouble. My post was to point out that talking trash and telling people to "shut their mouth" makes an opinion seem a little less valid.

East will be much better, but West will defeat them.

Volunteer, Cherokee and Greenville will fight for those 3 and 4 spots. Volunteer will be good, Greeneville may jump up on a few folks, and Cherokee seems to find a way to the playoffs with consistency. Crockett may pull at least one upset this year. Boone and Cocke County will still struggle.

West: Lost some starters from last years team. Will have to reload on younger players, but Woods' staff will have them in contention for another playoff run.

East: Got some players back from last year, could vie for #1.

Boone: Still pretty young, but didnt they lose the starting QB to another school?

Volunteer: No clue?

Greeneville: New coach should bring some positives, but $$$ wont win games in this conference? Or can it! HA!

Cherokee: Just like Volunteer, I have not heard a thing. All is quiet in Rogersville. Probably middle of the road.

Crockett: Still improving, who knows? Typical program that has a few decent skill players and nothing else anywhere else.

Cocke Co.: Heard that some returning players have quit. Also hear that they have failed to use the expertise of a former NFL strength coach who has moved back to the city. Got torched last year on D.