Logan Parker at Dyersburg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

logan enroled in dyersburg friday and was at trojan work outs this morning after talking to some coaches this morning im excited about dyersburg football they ensured me if they were not in the burro this year it will be due to the lack of coaching not lack of talent . go dyersburgn trojans get your motors running

Any football coach--ANY football coach--who forecasts any given team getting to the state finals before fall practice starts is a fool. Period. Ask any reputable coach about that. Does anyone wish to suggest that Dyersburg has more talent than Crockett County had last season--20 seniors, a dominant team if ever there was one. Crockett County didn't make it to Murfreesboro. (And, incidentally, a "burro" is a jackass by another name. The town is called "the 'Boro.)

I have been a Dyersburg coach/teacher/statistician/fan for 40 years--and no one would enjoy a trip to Murfreesboro more than I. What I am hearing and reading this summer is a form of madness. The games must be won on the field not in chat rooms.

logan enroled in dyersburg friday and was at trojan work outs this morning after talking to some coaches this morning im excited about dyersburg football they ensured me if they were not in the burro this year it will be due to the lack of coaching not lack of talent . go dyersburgn trojans get your motors running

Surely Coach Bowling is not making predictions! We need to get through the Jamboree healthy before thinking about any other games.

Everybody needs to get a grip.....( And I am as excited as anyone)...Confidence is one thing... The "big head" is something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT....A new coach, a new system, I know ON PAPER the skill positions are the best I can recall....But will everyone be happy to play their role?.....There is only one football.....If Caldwell should go down.... Who is his backup?.....X- Taylor has been sent to the house....I have heard Wes Kennedy is an excellent coach.... But this is 3A football... And one of the TOUGHEST Regions in the state....Grady Andrews was a really good Defensive Coordinator....Will someone step up to replace Elam and Livingston at LB.... Justin Cherry made a couple of game saving tackles in the Secondary last year... The Ripley game comes to mind.... That kid was ALL HEART.... He didn't quit when the back broke that long run.... Saved Dyersburg that night for sure....Victor McLin Showed out at the 7-7 Camp in Vandy.... But he hasn't had pads on since 9th grade and hasn't had "the wood" layed to him coming across the middle...How will he respond?... Will he get up and show WHY IS IS GETTING all this talk and attention and "catch everything in sight and be a ferocious downfield blocker"..or will he start "Alligator arming everything that is thrown to him once he gets one of those licks that has him "looking out of the ear hole on his helmet and his breath gone "faster than last month's rent".........Lots of questions to answer... Because you have alot of good teams in 3A.... White House will be good, Knoxville Fulton will be good, Knoxville Catholic will be good.... And that's not counting just the region we are in.... We will be everybody's State Title game this season.... I guarantee, with all the talk going on.... The Dyersburg game will be THE GAME for everyone on our schedule....Every Friday night will be a war.... No pushovers....I know TALENT wise Obion County isn't nearly as good as we are.... But do you not think that bunch won't have a LITTLE EXTRA incentive going when Dyersburg comes to town....And the last time I watched us play.... "Those bunch of preppy rich kids weren't even attempting a pass.... Just lining it up and going "mano y mano " and running it down our defenses' throat..... Let's hold off on starting the bus for Murfreesboro just yet....