Gibson County Vs. Halls

titansfans

well Goduke i can see your not to much of a gibson fan...it takes some nerve to come in this room and say that. I wish the best of luck to the gibson in there upcoming season and for you goduke do like your name Go- Duke and dont come back.

I apoligize thumper or to anyone else I offended i have nothing against gibson and I didnt mean that in a bad way, I just call it like I see it and I dont see them winning many games this year.... I believe that this game will be one of their best opportunities to win...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few posts, Bad attitude and all. I hate to say it but you can usually see em. Gibson County has had success against halls. Halls barely makes or barely misses playoffs. If Gibson County can get the players on the team on the field, and out of the hallways what a powerhouse they'd have. I've seen better athlete's watching thier football team than the ones on the team. I don't know what it will take but someone needs to change it. They need a recruiting drive inside thier own school. And for you kids that can play reading this what the fuc_. Get off your tail and get on the sideline. Show some spirit in your school you lazy bums. Why do you think ya'll can't make the playoffs.

Thier better than us.

We stink.

It's the Coach.

I might break nail.

How many excuses can you find other than the right one, your a coward. Everyone of you watching instead of playing

Momma's Boys ought to transfer to dyer or Gleason. Don't come to a good school that has a team and be a fan. Your a disgrace.

My hat is off to the ones of you that are on the team and trying. God be with you.

What I guess I'm emphaticlly saying is in other towns Dads can't wait for thier sons to play for thier town, and have the experiences they have had. Sons relish in the thought of playing for thier towns. Gibson County is like a program that has never gotten off the ground. There is no desire either direction. And with all my vast knowledge, I don't know how to fix it. It may take years or it may never get fixed. Somehow a desire to play has to be fueled.

a power house gibson will never be with trenton getting the majority of the athleats, a big problem in gibson is politics and administration trying to run the team instead of letting the coach do his job. Doug Argo had gibson headed in the right path untill some one in politics convinced the ad their son needed more playing time, Argo threw his hands up and got out of town, Smart move Doug, it was a tragady what happend this season already, gibson has a good staff if the boys will pull together and parents and politicians will let the coach's do their job gibson mayh win some games due to emotions, my Hats OFF THO THE PLAYERS FOR CONTINUING TO PLAY THE GREAT GAME, PARENTS BACK UP AND LET THE COACH DO HIS JOB IF YOU WANT TO WIN, if you dont then play politics and it will be the same ol gibson county,,,, GOOD LUCK GIBSON YOUY HAVE OUR PRAYERS

Well...here within the next few years it seems as though we'll drop to 1A as Medina is getting their own high school and will knock out about half of the students at Gibson Co....As far as I know Gibson Co. has never been a 1A school...maybe a drop to 1A will do us in for some success...but for now we must fight with some of the top 2A teams in the state with Milan, Trenton, Humboldt, and Westview...We'll be justttttttttttttt fine!!!!

You will be stretching it to be 1A. Medina leaving will take your enrollment to about 425ish. Basketball 1A is a possibility, but football, its a stretch.

Gibson County has the coaches and the desire in the players that are playing but they just don't have the athletes that a lot of the 2A schools around here have. They work hard and they have what it takes to be a winner but just don't have the athletes (on the field).

Maybe the Parents and Politicians will leave and go to Medina. Now this statement of this crap happening is not old news to me. Heck no wonder people don't come out to play. If your gonna play buddy ball, and not the best athlete's. Good Luck with this situation. Thank God my kid went to a different school. Now me being from Mckenzie I have some close ties to some real good young men that have played for Gibson and one that still does. This situation is a bunch of horseshit. The kids that are playing are really trying to represent thier school. And playing football will help them to grow into fine young men. But they are lacking the true enrichment of being successful at thier endeavor because the participation isn't there. Man I could complain about this till you know what freezes over.

The same crap happened to your neighbor's Coach Scott Bowlin. He left and won a 5a State Championship. It's just not gonna be pretty til the Principal or County Leaders kids leave. Good Luck with this crap. So sorry ya'll have to live threw it.

Maybe the Parents and Politicians will leave and go to Medina. Now this statement of this crap happening is not old news to me. Heck no wonder people don't come out to play. If your gonna play buddy ball, and not the best athlete's. Good Luck with this situation. Thank God my kid went to a different school. Now me being from Mckenzie I have some close ties to some real good young men that have played for Gibson and one that still does. This situation is a bunch of horseshit. The kids that are playing are really trying to represent thier school. And playing football will help them to grow into fine young men. But they are lacking the true enrichment of being successful at thier endeavor because the participation isn't there. Man I could complain about this till you know what freezes over.

The same crap happened to your neighbor's Coach Scott Bowlin. He left and won a 5a State Championship. It's just not gonna be pretty til the Principal or County Leaders kids leave. Good Luck with this crap. So sorry ya'll have to live threw it.

First of all, to trojanfan, where do you get your information from because your sadly mistaken friend..Doug Argo was not FORCED out of Gibson Co. 2006 was Gibson Co.'s best year to make the playoffs and it did not happen...Do you think Coach Argo realized that that was going to be one of the better teams for Gibson Co. throughout the next few years...Coach Argo HATES losing and he left from a losing team to go to Trenton which has a better shot NOW at making a run for a state championship...

Butchie, Coach Bowlin had QUITEEEE a few problems on his hands before he left...It was not with administration nor was it with parents...it was with the TSSAA...back in 2000 I think it was he had a so-called player living with him that was from Arkansas...TSSAA found out and Booth covered his butt so maybe it was best for Bowlin to get into Arkansas however I've known Coach Bowlin my whole life he is a good guy!!!

First of all, to trojanfan, where do you get your information from because your sadly mistaken friend..Doug Argo was not FORCED out of Gibson Co. 2006 was Gibson Co.'s best year to make the playoffs and it did not happen...Do you think Coach Argo realized that that was going to be one of the better teams for Gibson Co. throughout the next few years...Coach Argo HATES losing and he left from a losing team to go to Trenton which has a better shot NOW at making a run for a state championship...

Butchie, Coach Bowlin had QUITEEEE a few problems on his hands before he left...It was not with administration nor was it with parents...it was with the TSSAA...back in 2000 I think it was he had a so-called player living with him that was from Arkansas...TSSAA found out and Booth covered his butt so maybe it was best for Bowlin to get into Arkansas however I've known Coach Bowlin my whole life he is a good guy!!!

Wow! My son and Skyler played travel ball together and you know what you hear. And yes, he's a great guy, and Skyler is a nut. The apple didn't fall to far from the tree lol.

Wow! My son and Skyler played travel ball together and you know what you hear. And yes, he's a great guy, and Skyler is a nut. The apple didn't fall to far from the tree lol.

I've known Skyler my whole life as well...but anyways we'll get off of the subject..

Gibson Co. Defeated Halls 17-7...Antoine Cunningham had 2 td's both over 55 yd td runs!!! GOOD JOB GUYS!!!! Bye week next week and then week 2 we take on Milan!!!!

I have known coach bowlin my entire life the reason that boy was living with them is because coach bowlin was made his guardian when his mom died. Most people dont know that but thats the truth. And coach argo was a horrible coach the team he had in 06 could have went far in the state but he could not get them there because of bad coaching moves on his part he was not made to be a head coach he needs to stay an assistant coach at peabody and learn some thing.

Congrats on a big opening game win for the Pioneers!!!! It get's a little tougher in 2 weeks but at least you have an extra week to put in the game plan.

It does get a "little" tougher in 2 weeks lol...Milan starts the season next week against Huntingdon...Good Luck there!!! As for the Milan and GC game we better step it up on the O-Line IMO...Antoine did make some big plays last night but also got hit in the backfield more than once...Our defense did an outstanding job against the Halls Offense even though it is Halls we did hold them to 65 yards rushing!!! Kudos to the Defense!!!