Mckenzie vs. Bruceton

pizzaman1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use common sense ...

We don't have "plenty" of linebackers ... We have the 3 or 4 that WILL shut down your little run ...

"A better line than I've seen in prior games?" Oh you mean better than that line last week that allowed 78 yards in 50 plays? The one that was in the backfield at will? The one that forced fumbles all night long? The one that had pressure on the QB all night? The same line that stopped 2 of 7 3rd down conversions and stopped all three 4th down conversions? Is that the one your talking about????

Plain and simple:

McKenzie will shut down the run up the middle after the first or second drive ... McKenzie is extremely too fast for Matlock nor Jordan to get outside ... Once Bruceton realizes their "brutal" and "season hope" of the run game has no effect on the Rebels, they'll panic ... Just as Dresden did last week, then it could turn ugly, LoL especially if Bruceton turns to the passing game. Who in the world is their quarterback anyways??

Bruceton may SLOW DOWN ... slow down, not stop ... but slow down the Rebels on a couple of plays, PLAYS, not drives ... There's just too much for Bruceton to handle, the Rebels have too many threats on offense ...

All this talk about Bruceton's running game ... Not once have I heard anything about their defense ... Defense wins championships ... not having a big head about two "rival.com" prospects ... They're both big, not extremely fast like the starters this year saw last year, just big ...

They're not going to, but even if Bruceton was to keep scoring ... McKenzie would get the ball back and score at will ... You can't contain the Rebels offense ... period ... end of story. You said something about Matlock being on the defensive side of the ball??? Stupid coaching, but good! Let him get cracked a couple of times ... Playing on both sides of the ball will just wear him out quicker and we'll only have one "threat" left ...

Don't talk about stupid coaching when you never even played a down of football in your 4 years there in Mckenzie,must have been stupid coaching then too!

all you rebels fans have forgotten one thing. Derek carr does only one thing in big games and that is complete as many balls to the other team as he does his own... look back when yall needed them the most he threw an interception and he will do the same tonight. Bruceton wins 42- 21

PP, you forget one thing (as you like to say) and that is that players improve with experience and hard work!!! Carr has come a long way since becoming a starter last season in what I've seen so far out of him this season.

I haven't personally predicted a winner to this game and don't intend to. I have my gut feelings about it but, that's only important to me.

Anyone who tries to call this game based on what's happened in the past is asking for a plate of crow!!! When those two teams take the field tonight last season won't mean squat!!! Both teams will have to "run what they brung" and the only thing that will matter is who "brung the most"!!! We'll know the answer to that by 9:30 or so tonight.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion on a winner and why but, it's kind of silly to base it on what a player or team did last year or even further back in the past.

Pretty simple concept really!

Duckman - thats the smartest thing you have ever said... you sure have it right.......

Lets have a great game, great fans, two great towns, and play football like it was meant to be played - hard and on the field.

Will the ponytail be a fashion statement tonight? butchie said you wouldnt be you without it......

Have a safe trip over!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!

Use common sense ...

We don't have "plenty" of linebackers ... We have the 3 or 4 that WILL shut down your little run ...

"A better line than I've seen in prior games?" Oh you mean better than that line last week that allowed 78 yards in 50 plays? The one that was in the backfield at will? The one that forced fumbles all night long? The one that had pressure on the QB all night? The same line that stopped 2 of 7 3rd down conversions and stopped all three 4th down conversions? Is that the one your talking about????

Plain and simple:

McKenzie will shut down the run up the middle after the first or second drive ... McKenzie is extremely too fast for Matlock nor Jordan to get outside ... Once Bruceton realizes their "brutal" and "season hope" of the run game has no effect on the Rebels, they'll panic ... Just as Dresden did last week, then it could turn ugly, LoL especially if Bruceton turns to the passing game. Who in the world is their quarterback anyways??

Bruceton may SLOW DOWN ... slow down, not stop ... but slow down the Rebels on a couple of plays, PLAYS, not drives ... There's just too much for Bruceton to handle, the Rebels have too many threats on offense ...

All this talk about Bruceton's running game ... Not once have I heard anything about their defense ... Defense wins championships ... not having a big head about two "rival.com" prospects ... They're both big, not extremely fast like the starters this year saw last year, just big ...

They're not going to, but even if Bruceton was to keep scoring ... McKenzie would get the ball back and score at will ... You can't contain the Rebels offense ... period ... end of story. You said something about Matlock being on the defensive side of the ball??? Stupid coaching, but good! Let him get cracked a couple of times ... Playing on both sides of the ball will just wear him out quicker and we'll only have one "threat" left ...

you mistaken matlock is better as a defensive end he's a 4 year starter there n was the defensive mvp of the region he's a leader of that defense. and believe me he is the best shape on the team or one of them so u wont be wearin him down quicker his motor never stops no matter if he is tired or not...gives it all he has every single play

Duckman - thats the smartest thing you have ever said... you sure have it right.......

Lets have a great game, great fans, two great towns, and play football like it was meant to be played - hard and on the field.

Will the ponytail be a fashion statement tonight? butchie said you wouldnt be you without it......

Have a safe trip over!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!

Man, I haven't made a fashion statement in my life!!!! But, if I get there the tail will be there too!!!! This storm outside ain't soundin' too inviting to me right now!!!!!

Unfortunately, butchie is kinda right!!! I'm sort of a mutt and the pony tail kind of gives that impression out in a way. Been a Rebel all my life and that's just who I am I guess. Played some decent O & D line and linebacker in my day too but, that's another story.