Whitwell @ David Brainerd

SamHain

Now don't take this wrong, but I don't see anyone else complaining about the facility except you pirate guys! Grace, Silverdale, Lookout Valley, etc., I don't seem them posting too much negative stuff about it.... however, guess if I were in your shoes I might complain also! If you are serious about athletics, who doesn't want their kids to play in a respectable facility....

The Whitwell folks are complaining in this thread (see SamHain below) and you played at Lookout Valley (so wait until next year to hear from them) and at Silverdale, not at home. Grace can't complain too much since theirs is just a little better than DBs. In any case Silverdale plays at Washington Hills so they would have a tough time complaining anyway. Copper Basin probably won't be happy when they show up. I don't see Temple complaining because they don't have a field at all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Whitwell folks are complaining in this thread (see SamHain below) and you played at Lookout Valley (so wait until next year to hear from them) and at Silverdale, not at home. Grace can't complain too much since theirs is just a little better than DBs. In any case Silverdale plays at Washington Hills so they would have a tough time complaining anyway. Copper Basin probably won't be happy when they show up. I don't see Temple complaining because they don't have a field at all.

We did play LV last year at home. Where does Temple play their home games?

I know alot of you have complained about DB not having lights. However, it was my understanding that that was what the Rudy Rally was for. It is also my understanding that we could have lights we just have to pay for the service to have them put up or installed as the lights are being donated anonymusly.

Congratulations...that is great to hear. Good luck with the fund raising

You coach HS or Jr High? Or something else?

I coach something else. Pirate sounds like you coach as well.

I don't know who it was that said Coach Settles wasn't friendly, he is one of the nicest guys around. I respect the heck out of our football coaches because we don't have what we need to be " legitimate" but I beleive they have really made us repectable. Fortunatley we have alot of talent coming back next year. We will need to find some linemen because we will take the biggest hit there due to graduation.

I coach something else. Pirate sounds like you coach as well.

I don't know who it was that said Coach Settles wasn't friendly, he is one of the nicest guys around. I respect the heck out of our football coaches because we don't have what we need to be " legitimate" but I beleive they have really made us repectable. Fortunatley we have alot of talent coming back next year. We will need to find some linemen because we will take the biggest hit there due to graduation.

I try to help a little. I helped with Jr High BB and Baseball last year but have since retired from those. What I said was Coach Settles seemed to be a nice guy, he just wasn't outwardly friendly like some of the other DB coaches were...he was all business. Maybe just had us Pirates weighing heavily on his mind /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . Not saying he was rude or anything. Even at the scrimmage our Jr High had at DB this summer he was cordial but I some good conversations with the Jr High coaches. Nice bunch of guys.

I have no doubt that you guys will improve the next few years. Just get lights up before 2009 OK

Now don't hold me to that light thing, thats just what I have heard. We raised almost 50k from the Rudy Rally, and that money was to go towards improving the football field, as well as, building a baseball/softball fields.

I have always thought that Grace, Silverdale, and David Brainerd would be better served to put their money together and build a stadium in which all three schools could use. One team would play on friday night another on saturday night while the other is on the road.

Now don't hold me to that light thing, thats just what I have heard. We raised almost 50k from the Rudy Rally, and that money was to go towards improving the football field, as well as, building a baseball/softball fields.

I have always thought that Grace, Silverdale, and David Brainerd would be better served to put their money together and build a stadium in which all three schools could use. One team would play on friday night another on saturday night while the other is on the road.

50k will definitely spruce things up. Now that I know you have that kind of cash I will really give ya'll a hard time if we have to play on Sat afternoon in 2009 /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> We are trying to raise a couple grand to put a few lights on the practice field. It will get dark early in a couple of weeks

Even if 2 schools worked together it would get done quicker but where do you put it??? That's where it would get sticky