District 11A...Can two teams make it to state this year?

thenomad

actually i just have strong roots in CA...i had 2 sons go there a while back...so thats why im supporting them...so i guess thats why im backing him up but yea i see wht your sayin...maybe coach should slam 35 on the bench in order to maybe show him that hes not that good and if he wants to be on the court he needs to improve...but im not gonna lie he is just about the worst post player that CA has had (in my years that i have been watchin them)...and im sure their coach wishes that their past star post, Price Robinson, would just magically reappear and so he could be strong in every position....but we all know that it wont happen...so i guess its up to their coach now to decide whether they should lose with #35 or start building their future program with those "6'5" twins....either way its gonna be a rough ride for CAs team...and about cully recruiting i was just speculating for fun...no harm meant just pullin your leg..

Ah, that is cool...I guess. If i had two sons there is no way i'd put them both through CA. You are a brave/stupid dude to do that to your kids. Hopefully they turned out OK. I'm impressed that your mind was changed so quickly. But i am not sure if puting the kid on the bench is the best thing to do cuz he might just get real sad and quit trying. But then again if i was the coach i'd put him on the bench for a little bit just to see how he would react and if he would go out with a new life. Maybe if he was determined enough he would be able to make the small little lay ups. Yea, i remember back in the day with Price, he was a monster down in the paint back in the day, yea i'm sure their coach prob cries himself to sleep just wishing that 35 would turn into price one day.(too bad 35 is about as good as price was when price was 2 years old and could barely walk. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) Yea, saying ppl recruit just isn't very sportsmanlike, u need some real evidence to accuse someone of cheating. (esp Cully, that is just wrong!)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um yea ca does have a cross country team and two of the basketball players went to state in cross country so yea they are in good condition

Ah, that is cool. I just didn't realize CA had a cross country team. must have been a recent addition to the CA sports. And i'm not gonna hate on them running cross country. More power to them. but wouldn't you think football would help them more? esp to make them be more physicall out there on the court? (just saying)

Ah, that is cool...I guess. If i had two sons there is no way i'd put them both through CA. You are a brave/stupid dude to do that to your kids. Hopefully they turned out OK. I'm impressed that your mind was changed so quickly. But i am not sure if puting the kid on the bench is the best thing to do cuz he might just get real sad and quit trying. But then again if i was the coach i'd put him on the bench for a little bit just to see how he would react and if he would go out with a new life. Maybe if he was determined enough he would be able to make the small little lay ups. Yea, i remember back in the day with Price, he was a monster down in the paint back in the day, yea i'm sure their coach prob cries himself to sleep just wishing that 35 would turn into price one day.(too bad 35 is about as good as price was when price was 2 years old and could barely walk. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) Yea, saying ppl recruit just isn't very sportsmanlike, u need some real evidence to accuse someone of cheating. (esp Cully, that is just wrong!)

yea my kids turned out just fine and im proud of them for what they have accomplished thus far in life...yea their coach is definetly deppressed when he thinks about Price...but i guess the only way 35 could get like him is if he started pumping some steroids /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...i remember watching Price it was really fun to watch...well all we can do now is see if 35 will flop or flourish...

and all im sayin is is that you need to back off kids from ca especially the center just because he missed a couple of lay ups CA is the best school in all of single A maybe not in all the sports but they are top notch in all aspects of life. And so what your sayin is that when Demario leaves culleoka and there point guard stinks you gonna say that slatton is gonna wish tht his point guard could have been better than demario when demario was 2 i mean come on grow up thats just shows no class to say that and im all about critisism because this is a high school sports and the athletes should be critisized but that was over the line

Ah, that is cool. I just didn't realize CA had a cross country team. must have been a recent addition to the CA sports. And i'm not gonna hate on them running cross country. More power to them. but wouldn't you think football would help them more? esp to make them be more physicall out there on the court? (just saying)

it will deffinently make you more of a physical player, more dominant down low also. how many of the players on the CA basketball team actually play football?

it will deffinently make you more of a physical player, more dominant down low also. how many of the players on the CA basketball team actually play football?

i dont think football would make someone more physicall down low, being physicall just comes with who you are, im not saying anything about ca's football but im pretty sure some of their basketball players that play football arent very strong physically i mean i dont think people that workout on ca's football program gain muscle i think they actually loose it. That is were working out on your own time comes in, you have to be dedicated to want to be physically stronger and once that happens then youll be set to do some damage in the post

maybe 7 or 8

CA's 35 isn't that bad. Yeah he missed a few lay ups in their first few games, after a devastating 2 weeks of practice, but he'll work off the rust. He may not be the biggest post, but he's a hard worker and has some heart. It's been awhile since CA had a really dominant post anyway...last big guy I can remember playin down low is Clint Shelby back in 04/05 (unless you count "Hollywood" Heichelbech the year after...who wasn't nearly his size).

That being said they managed to have a good year upsetting Culleoka and Summertown two years ago, with a similarly built team, not much size, speed and good shooting.

CA's 35 isn't that bad. Yeah he missed a few lay ups in their first few games, after a devastating 2 weeks of practice, but he'll work off the rust. He may not be the biggest post, but he's a hard worker and has some heart. It's been awhile since CA had a really dominant post anyway...last big guy I can remember playin down low is Clint Shelby back in 04/05 (unless you count "Hollywood" Heichelbech the year after...who wasn't nearly his size).

That being said they managed to have a good year upsetting Culleoka and Summertown two years ago, with a similarly built team, not much size, speed and good shooting.

yea, you got a good point. Maybe i'm blowing it out of proportion. They have been able to pull upsets in the past any maybe they can do it again. Just maybe(kinda doubt it)

very good point even though that year they did have a lot of seniors on the team, this year i think the dawgs will go on to win at least 12 games maybe 15-18 depending on how #35 reacts to his needed role on the team, i think this year is a good shot to shock the district for richland and ca, richland of course recievingALOT more atention than the dawgs though. Next year should be another winning season for the dawgs, i wouldnt be surprised if they go all the way but hey thats next year lets focus on the here and now

if i remember correctly "hollywood heichelbeck" was bigger than #35, i mean size doesnt really matter in there offense, but you gotta still be confident when you gotta hit a layup late in a game. Things like that you CANNOT have doubts about it, but your right rust comes off, it just takes a little scrubbing, and refining....As long as there ready by tournament time, they'll be alright

if i remember correctly "hollywood heichelbeck" was bigger than #35, i mean size doesnt really matter in there offense, but you gotta still be confident when you gotta hit a layup late in a game. Things like that you CANNOT have doubts about it, but your right rust comes off, it just takes a little scrubbing, and refining....As long as there ready by tournament time, they'll be alright

Heichelbech had maybe 15 pounds on CA's 35, and maybe an inch, given that was his senior year, but the two have a similar build