9AAA

blessedrine

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like its that time of the year agian.....thankfully basketball season is here. Im trying to remember the last time that Lavergne was relevant in the district it has been awhile and i dont see that changing especially when you have two powerhouse programs like Wilson Central and Mount Juliet in the district. This is how i see it shaping out

WC

MJ

Smyrna

Lavergne

Beech

Gallatin

Hendersonville

Hey say all you want to about Coach Brandon not being able to coach or "not being able to coach without his dad" last time i checked he had a state championship ring on his finger. Get back to me when Lavergne gets to the glass house /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Who does Mt. Juliet have returning this year?? I didn't think they had the talent returning this year as they have had in years passed.

I just think everyone should wait & see, as one of the other poster said also. We all know Wilson Central will be the school to contend with, but , after that I believe all the other teams are pretty evenly matched.

You parents /supporters of MJ, WC & Smyrna should actually ask your girls about the players at LaVergne, I believe they might tell you that LaVergne is going to be tough to play against & it's not going to be as easy as y'all think.

Who does Mt. Juliet have returning this year?? I didn't think they had the talent returning this year as they have had in years passed.

I just think everyone should wait & see, as one of the other poster said also. We all know Wilson Central will be the school to contend with, but , after that I believe all the other teams are pretty evenly matched.

You parents /supporters of MJ, WC & Smyrna should actually ask your girls about the players at LaVergne, I believe they might tell you that LaVergne is going to be tough to play against & it's not going to be as easy as y'all think.

No one said they are easy, they just won't contend for the district. MJ returns a bunch, including Taylor Hall. They just reload. WC is good, chemistry is the question and who steps up to fill the shoes of jenkins, but have loads of talent, Smyrna solid team, then it drops off to Lavergne, maybe. Beech is always well coached and competetive. Hendersonville has some talent but young.

No one said they are easy, they just won't contend for the district. MJ returns a bunch, including Taylor Hall. They just reload. WC is good, chemistry is the question and who steps up to fill the shoes of jenkins, but have loads of talent, Smyrna solid team, then it drops off to Lavergne, maybe. Beech is always well coached and competetive. Hendersonville has some talent but young.

Agreed, if this years basketball season is anything like the topsy turvey football season was, we're in for a wild ride. I think those top teams could go either way on any given night. Personally I think the chemistry is better at WC than this time last year. Players know that without T, they will need to lean on each other.

No doubt Smyrna, MJ, Lavergne all have everyone's attention and that's why I'm just holding my breath til March. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What are you basing that on? LaVergne has just as good of chance as any of the "so called" powerhouses. They could struggle some in their post play but will not be a major worry until they play Jasmine @ W.C or Dymon @ Smyrna or even when they play "Big T" @ McGavock.

They are a young team, but this won't be a big problem either because the majority of this young team played varsity last year and will be used to high school play. Just from talking to the girls, they are ready for this season & seem to be ready for the challenge in District 9. I think they will do just fine, & even if they come up short this season, there still will be two more years that this team will have the opportunity to rise to the top in District 9.

What are you basing that on? LaVergne has just as good of chance as any of the "so called" powerhouses. They could struggle some in their post play but will not be a major worry until they play Jasmine @ W.C or Dymon @ Smyrna or even when they play "Big T" @ McGavock.

They are a young team, but this won't be a big problem either because the majority of this young team played varsity last year and will be used to high school play. Just from talking to the girls, they are ready for this season & seem to be ready for the challenge in District 9. I think they will do just fine, & even if they come up short this season, there still will be two more years that this team will have the opportunity to rise to the top in District 9.

I base it on having watched 9AAA teams for the past several years and Lavergne has not shown they belong with the big dogs yet! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I find it kind of interesting that " we all know that Wilson Central will be the school to contend with" but you don't know that MJ returns 4 Sr starters?

So here we go, a dogfight every night in 9AAA, - MJ, Smyrna, and WC will welcome any and all to the party. I do think LaVergne will surprise.

MJ has a nice stretch coming up from Nov 27 to Dec 4 (Shelbyville, Franklin, Smyrna) that should be a good barometer for the Lady Bears

I saw MJ play Hume-Fogg last night (92-17) and the Lady Bear run and gun is even faster this year...watch especially for Chelsea Brown (So) impact

I find it kind of interesting that " we all know that Wilson Central will be the school to contend with" but you don't know that MJ returns 4 Sr starters?

So here we go, a dogfight every night in 9AAA, - MJ, Smyrna, and WC will welcome any and all to the party. I do think LaVergne will surprise.

MJ has a nice stretch coming up from Nov 27 to Dec 4 (Shelbyville, Franklin, Smyrna) that should be a good barometer for the Lady Bears

I saw MJ play Hume-Fogg last night (92-17) and the Lady Bear run and gun is even faster this year...watch especially for Chelsea Brown (So) impact

I saw Mt Juliet play Monday. What I noticed was their speed on defense. Good stuff.

You don't have to find it interesting, I just don't keep up with Mt. Juliet basketball. I know several of the girls that play at Wilson Central, so to say the least, I know more about their program than yours.....

We folks at LaVergne are very excited about our girls program this year, we have a good group of young girls and as I stated in one of my original posts, if we falter a little bit this year, we have two more years to rise to the top in 9AAA.

WC is a very good team but not yet a great team. Coaching will very likely make this a great team. Chemistry is a non factor in that it is evident that if it happens to rear its head, there is a way around it in every way. This is a very, very very good team at this time of the year and 9AAA will likely be in the state.