Rockwood vs. GP

Took

If you have been there before then explain draining the field up the hill genius. Oh yeah, I'll take that bet you offered. Can't pass on a sure thing. I believe I can prove you wrong and certainly know you can't prove it. I believe it has been 10 years since the sprinkler system at GP has been used. It stays so damp there that if you waters that field the end up with a fungus. Accusing GP of watering their field is a feable attempt to explain why GP played Rockwood tough right down to the final horn.

ever heard of digging a ditch ROCKET Scientis ? Icould care less who wins by the way try digging that ditch to the side of the field that runs down hill. SEE YA

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ever heard of digging a ditch ROCKET Scientis ? Icould care less who wins by the way try digging that ditch to the side of the field that runs down hill. SEE YA

Say your not from Anderson County? Why bring up if not? Enough said. Sheds a new light on everything. Turn the clock back to 2002. Second round of the state playoffs (yes GP has been past the first). Rain, rain, rain. Mavericks rolled in to the thicket expecting to roll right over GP. Field was a sloppy mess. GP sent the steers home with a 14-0 loss. Anderson Co. whined and whined that GP had watered the field. Seems to me that GP had a back by the name of Hess (one in a long line of great backs). Hess had a lot of speed. Why would you water the field with a speedster like him. About the drainage (Hey boys avoid those tacklers tonight and oh yeah watch out for the ditch we dug yesterday to drain the field.) and the field, you claimed that 20 feet from the field was damp and the field had standing water. Explain to thoughs not familiar with the Thicket just exactly where 20 ft from the sideline puts one. The field has a huge crown and there is drainage that drains to the one end that is not up hill. However, the other 3 sides are all up hill. Let's see, where does that water go. Finally, if you could care a less shut up and quit whining about something that isn't true and you have no proof of and worry about your own Anderson County steers. They have a very good opponent in Carter this week. Go Hornets!!!!!!!!!!

You would have lost the farm. I was there in the fall of '04, which was my sons freshman year playing for Benny Hammonds. It began the week before the 2nd round playoff game with Rockwood. It had rained considerably the week of the first round playoff victory against Wartburg and during that first round contest the field was pretty much loosened and worked up. Then a few days before the 2nd round Rockwood game it rained heavily and after the first quarter of that game the field was a total quagmire. As it turned out, it ended up hurting GP more than Rockwood as our QB fumbled(untouched) the(muddy) ball inside the ten yard line late in the game as GP was going in for an apparent go ahead touchdown in what turned out to be a 10-5 victory for Rockwood.

My son said the team feels very good about their preparations this week for Rockwood and he also said that it appears that the team has benefitted greatly from the previous open date week. I firmly believe GP will play with a sense of purpose. One other thing, I do not know of a better MAN and FOOTBALL COACH than Benny Hammonds.

I hope to hear the crowd chanting at the conclusion, " We Are....GP! Regards

Very well said atnvol. Hitman I certainly wouldn't gamble with atnvol. Glad to finally know who you are since many thougt that atnvol was myself last year. Hope to see a great game tonight (injury free game) and hope to see my boy back at TE catching passes from TO next year. Talk is cheap. I'm sure both teams have worked hard this week. Playoffs a great. Total different atmosphere. Either you win or you move on to basketball. Time to quit talking and play the game. "We ARE.......GP!"

If you want to know why it is a sore topic, it is because of the accusation towards a man and a coach that you do not know. My son plays for Benny now (a freshman) as I did in the early 80's. You will not find anyone more honorable in the game of football and someone who would not cheat nor tolerate a cheater associated with the program. If he can't beat you playing his strength to your strength then he takes his loss with no excuses.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!

The W 'portin for duty. aint been on 'er in a while due to all this presidental debates and such actions of evil. GP has a ver' impressive record, but ther strengths of schedule is bout as good as my speech givin abilties. eh he.. see that. W made a joke. i attended tha mud bowl in 04. i had a little trouble leavin though. air force 1 got stuck in the mud due to all them folks floodin tha fields before the games. i will give it to GP they are some goo fighters or terr but i think tha fighters of rockwood will prevail in thefight against evil.

Say your not from Anderson County? Why bring up if not? Enough said. Sheds a new light on everything. Turn the clock back to 2002. Second round of the state playoffs (yes GP has been past the first). Rain, rain, rain. Mavericks rolled in to the thicket expecting to roll right over GP. Field was a sloppy mess. GP sent the steers home with a 14-0 loss. Anderson Co. whined and whined that GP had watered the field. Seems to me that GP had a back by the name of Hess (one in a long line of great backs). Hess had a lot of speed. Why would you water the field with a speedster like him. About the drainage (Hey boys avoid those tacklers tonight and oh yeah watch out for the ditch we dug yesterday to drain the field.) and the field, you claimed that 20 feet from the field was damp and the field had standing water. Explain to thoughs not familiar with the Thicket just exactly where 20 ft from the sideline puts one. The field has a huge crown and there is drainage that drains to the one end that is not up hill. However, the other 3 sides are all up hill. Let's see, where does that water go. Finally, if you could care a less shut up and quit whining about something that isn't true and you have no proof of and worry about your own Anderson County steers. They have a very good opponent in Carter this week. Go Hornets!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry boys i seem to hit a sore spot on the water issues at GP And i am not from AC.

Sorry boys i seem to hit a sore spot on the water issues at GP And i am not from AC.

So why even post on this thread? Not from Rockwood. Not from AC. In your words, don't care who wins. Just like to make accusations that aren't true and get things started. Kinda like the straw that stirs the drink. Finally, why is it that you just say sorry for touching a sore spot and denying your from AC. Why not address facts like: you would have lost your bet or explain to those that do not know, just exactly the lay out of Hammonds Field or how it rains in Gatlinburg and Pittman when the rain has moved out the Valley. Or better than anything just shut up, you'll sound smarter. As for W, might as well port back to DC, hard to get Air Force 1 stuck in Gatlinburg. The Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge airport is located in Sevierville. Enough said about the game and the field. Play football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ARE........GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Take a Bulldog against a Goat any day.

The wait is over. no more stupid arguing over whether a field was soak before a game, no more academic talk, no more who has the tougher schedule. because tonight at 7 oclock theres gonna be 22 kids out on that field with only one thing on their minds. Win. GP is looking to make it into the second round for the first time in years and Rockwood's senior class is trying to live up to all the hype they had a freshman. who will step up. the time is now.

Thats kind of funny. You say its been years since GP has been to the second round when that was the last year Rockwood even made the playoffs. Good luck to both teams. This should be a good one.

So why even post on this thread? Not from Rockwood. Not from AC. In your words, don't care who wins. Just like to make accusations that aren't true and get things started. Kinda like the straw that stirs the drink. Finally, why is it that you just say sorry for touching a sore spot and denying your from AC. Why not address facts like: you would have lost your bet or explain to those that do not know, just exactly the lay out of Hammonds Field or how it rains in Gatlinburg and Pittman when the rain has moved out the Valley. Or better than anything just shut up, you'll sound smarter. As for W, might as well port back to DC, hard to get Air Force 1 stuck in Gatlinburg. The Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge airport is located in Sevierville. Enough said about the game and the field. Play football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ARE........GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Take a Bulldog against a Goat any day.

I already said sorry .i think i can post or reply any where i want but it still seems to be a sore spot ya'll seem a little defensive to me SEE YA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I already said sorry .i think i can post or reply any where i want but it still seems to be a sore spot ya'll seem a little defensive to me SEE YA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually, if you tell the truth we won't see ya because you claim to have no dog in the fight. Lord knows you wouldn't make the journey to God's country to watch a good football game.

Yes, you did hit a sore spot. What you are seeing is several people defending a coach and a program over baseless and ignorant accusations. You have the right to post anywhere you want but show some knowledge about the topic you are talking about. You apparently know little if anything at all about GP.