11/29/07 Montgomery central beats Kenwood

mathead

Congrats to MC! The "new" coaches at MCHS are showing they've been around the block a time or two. Maples, given a fair amount of talent, can do quite well with what he's given. anyone remember luke sanders ( great wrestler that won state with Maples as his coach)? are there any guys on the team that are looking like the next state medalist or champ?

Congrats to MC! The "new" coaches at MCHS are showing they've been around the block a time or two. Maples, given a fair amount of talent, can do quite well with what he's given. anyone remember luke sanders ( great wrestler that won state with Maples as his coach)? are there any guys on the team that are looking like the next state medalist or champ?

no state champions but a possible state medalist... just got to see who he wrestles with tougher competition.

no state champions but a possible state medalist... just got to see who he wrestles with tougher competition.

well that's always good to hear. traditionally MC has a pretty good lower weight guy or two. they used to have a guy that looked like a granddaddy long leg, he was probably 6 feet tall and wrestled 112 or 119 pounds. needless to say he was a decent wrestler if my memory serves me correctly.

Did kenwood have most of their varsity in finally? i did notice that mycyk was in the line up as well as robert armstrong or boebert or whatever his last name may be.

it's probably still too early in the season to tell how up or how down a team may be (look at soddy, they were dominated 51-9 but they can't be looked over ever) but regardless, congrats MC keep up the good work.

Montgomery Central 46, Kenwood 36

103 ??” Travis Corbitt (MC) won by forfeit

112 ??” Bryce Neblett (MC) def. Jonathan Chavez, 13-2

119 ??” Grant Hill (MC) pinned Austin Root, :56

125 ??” Carl Sinkler (K) pinned Evan Ames, :31

130 ??” J.B. Parker (MC) won by forfeit

135 ??” Robert Armstrong (K) pinned Matt Price, 1:12

140 ??” Jason Bartlett (K) wins by medical forfeit

145 ??” Ronald Perry (MC) pinned Joseph Degon, :34

152 ??” Zack Adams (K) pinned Adam Fischer, 1:22

160 ??” Chris Zachariason (K) pinned Patrick Hilde, 1:20

171 ??” Brock Hermantin (MC) pinned Keith Shumate, 1:44

189 ??” Collins Mensing (MC) pinned Jonathan Haley, 4:35

215 Tony Sauers (MC) pinned Jose Ferren, :34

285 ??” Robert Mycyk (K) pinned Steven Sheaves, 1:42

I see that MC took two by forfeit, will or does Kenwood have a 103 this year? Armstrong=Boebert??? How did the 125 and 140 look for KW, from here they seem like they are doing well. I still see a few names missing from the KW lineup (not looking or making excuses, just curious)Congrats to MC, looks like region 9 is heating up.