Showdown Tues, night at RBS

devilish

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RBS played well, they were very focused hitting I believe 28 of 33 from the foul line and both teams were called for a lot of touch fouls (maybe to keep control and not let game get out of hand) Both teams played hard with 3 starters from JC on bench for most of 1st half in foul trouble and 3 starters fouling out for RBS in 2nd half. Both these teams showed very good sportsmanship as far I could see. God luck to both teams.

They didn't move to think they're going to get a free ride to a big college and you should be ashamed to think other wise and also ashamed for coming on here to single out a young ball player such as Laken. Like I said she didn't move to get a free ride, but to develop her talents so she won't be a bust at the college level, and hopefully be successful in high school. Yeah, RBS can win 30+ games a year, but does that get you a state championship? That's the thing, RBS takes a team to state one year returns everyone of importance and can't get out of the region, but can still win 30 games, but then Clarkrange and JC who has a few wins over 20 is able to go to state. Laken is being developed into a better basketball player by playing teams like Cookeville, Upperman, etc who are good. It's not "a crappy thing to do" to want to better your child at the sport she loves. It's not about the recognition, but it's about winning at the high school level and developing your skills as a basketball player. I as much as any Red Boiling Springs fan wished Laken would hae stayed and played, but whats done is done and that isn't going to change anything.

As for the game I thought it was a good one, RBS lost 71-51 but it was a lot closer than a 20 point game. JC started out 11-0 before RBS could bring it up to 13-10 after the 1st, at half time it was about a 7 point game, and through out the 3rd and most of the 4th it was a 10 to 13 point game, I believe RBS got it with in 8 or 9 points a couple of times, but late RBS had 3 girls to foul out and after that JC pulled away to a 20 or so points and that's how it ended. RBS played as well as they could it's just JC is too good, I do believe though if RBS improves they can play with Clarkrange and hopefully come region time they can sneak up on them. RBS isn't that bad of a team and can play with anyone else in the district!

Very good and accurate response swanson 71. people like allball are like germs, something we have to deal with in life. rbs played good tonite, the fans were for the most part gracious and nice. you need to rid rbs as much as possible of the germs that have infiltrated your system.

red boiling by 3

Stick to the antique business... because you sure dont know anything about basketball... im sorry that your jealous of JC...

And yes the game was closer than the score... but Red Boiling never had a chance.. JC did extend the lead late when the RBS players fouled out... but Laken and Dyer sit with 2 fouls... while RBS's big 3 played with two and THREE fouls... jus to keep it close... it would have got ugly if not

Congrats to the lady blue devils on a big win. But most importantly both counties showed good sportsmanship and that was good to see. It was a ticky tack foul called game on both sides. I guess because they didn't want the game getting out of hand, but other than that another great win for the lady blue devils. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good sportsmanship from the fans on both sides /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It was a closer game than the score indicates. The refs called a tight game. I was proud of both teams. Congrats to the lady blue devils. Larry White shook Coach Browns hand /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Sorry Coach White about saying that you didn't have much class, this showed you do have some /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Red boiling is in the hunt make no mistake about it. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> However, clarkrange and jackson county are the two top teams in this area at this time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very good and accurate response swanson 71. people like allball are like germs, something we have to deal with in life. rbs played good tonite, the fans were for the most part gracious and nice. you need to rid rbs as much as possible of the germs that have infiltrated your system.

you need to stop being high and mighty with folks. Everyone has an opinion. For example, I can say it is nice outside. Somone else might disagree and say it is too hot or breezy. Now, both people had different opinions. Is the person wrong becasue their opinion is different from you? NO get off your high horse and lets talk basketball.

Swanson.....No offense but get down from your high horse and quit preaching on here like you are the spokes person for RBS. An opinion is just that, AN OPINION. Yes, you played 2 sports at RBS, but not very good might I add. You sir do not know as much as you think you know about the whole "tranfer" situation nor about sports in general. Game... just as I thought JC won big!!

I never said did I ever play anything good I played nor do I care if people think I was good or not at playing football or baseball, but I played football for fun and I played baseball because I loved it and it was fun. I just put the point through that not all sports in RBS is a failure, I care more about the baseball and softball program more than any other sport RBS has, so anyone can talk about basketball all they want, I don't care. i'm just a fan watching the game because I enjoy watching them, but there is no need in bashing other sports. As far as opinions: talk about the teams, talk about the schools, but don't single out basketball players just to bash them. Yes I probably don't know the whole transfer, nor do I care. It's over now it happened back in the summer, and what's done is done get over it. I know you wish she would have stayed so would the rest of RBS but there is no since in coming on here and bashing a 15 or 16 year old high school ball player...

Congrats Jackson County....I thought that RBS might sneak one up on ya....Glad to hear everyone acted well...and to Laken....keep your head up most people are mad cause you're good...and you left....So that's their own issues. Keep it Rolling JC....I'm actually pulling for ya'll 110% now since I have seen how people have acted towards ya'll.....Keep Ya Heads up and play your game!

JC got in foul trouble but so did RBS. they sat 2 of their scorers down in the 2nd for bout 3 minutes. thats when JC got their 10-13 point lead which they held throughout the game. lady blue devils came out firing with a 11-0 lead but RBS fought back to get it within 2 at one point. if JC has one weakness its on the ball defense. they got took to the hole alot off the dribble. i believe they had an off night shootin tho. really deep and talented team. RBS is still very inexperienced and its these games that will help them in the 2nd half of the season. i think with each game they will get better with their composure and gain confidence. i can see them makin a good run if they play well the later portion of the season.